Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Father and son wraith spawn's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Father and son wraith spawn's

I have completed my lighting setup and will post pics of everything shortly.

I was tired when I read the post. Its not mounted to my chassis its mounted to my BPC battery plate. I gotta clean the rig today after work from the run this weekend so I will take some pics of what I did to make it fit under there. you can only fit a 3" or 4" under there.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-14-2015 at 01:52 PM.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

That looks like you guys had a blast. I have the advantage of lots of good terrain right on my backyard (literally) but not like that. Jealous.

How has the FXR pro been holding up with the conformal coating? I have a FXR that I may want to go that way as well. I also have 2 castle BECs that might benefit from it. It hasn't been an issue yet but I'd rather have that extra bit of insurance. Also, how's the HR tranny case holding up? I have one in my wishlist and might pick one up for when I get the spawn gen3 slipper when it comes out.
Farabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i am lucky to live less than 2 hrs from the desert and where the real king of hammers takes place. Corona del Mar is badass terrain and thats only 15 mins from my house. The start of the desert at the cajon pass is 45 mins from my house and i am always there in my 1:1 baja trucks at the ohv area so my son and i take the crawlers too.

I So wish i had a nice bit of rocks in my backyard to mess on just a lil. Might have to build something at the next house. We plan on moving in a couple years might have to pick a place with a nice lil plot for a rock garden

The conformal ciating is working great no overheating issues at all and its been great in all kinds of terrain. Havent fully submerged it yet but it has gotten plenty wet so far. Also did 2 more becs for the rest of my rigs and all my electronics work perfect

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-15-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I'll either stop at the local electronics store or check amazon for the coating. If I submerge the scx it's because I messed up. I'm just looking for a little piece of mind on the esc and the bec.

I live in the mountains across from a lake so my backyard is a rock garden. I'm quite happy with that and the crawlers are much better suited for the terrain rather than the other RC toys I have.

I quite like the ranger prerunner. I'm actually looking for a ranger to add to the fleet of Subarus I own. Bajas are too small and rare for it's intended use.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Yeah the ranger was the best truck ever made for turning into a Baja racer. Plus I am from the meca of Baja trucks southern cali. I like them so much I have (3) a 97 ranger prerunner with the 4.0, a 93 with a 5.0 that is a green sticker race truck only for (more,snore and vorra) and my wife has a 98 explorer with the 5.0 so basically same frame and everything except body as ranger.
Love them trucks I beat on them in the desert all the time and drive them back onto the freeway and to the sushi bar with my wife and son like nothing happened. The damn explorer has 240,000 miles and I still drive it like a jackass. Good ole ford small block 302 will last a long time.

Though driving around in caged up vehicles with solid motor mounts and solid trans mounts with built motors and full exhaust gets ****in noisy after a while. lol

The explorer is nice without the cage for now but it gets hacked up for a cage in a couple months. Probably gonna try and do something with some insulation on the explorer to keep it somewhat quiet.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-15-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

My daily is stripped of all sound deadening and I sit in a sparco evo xl for 2 hours a day. Not solid but urethane mounts all around and koni adjustables and I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes getting out can be a pain in the ass with the high bolsters but I like the secure seating. I have a 4pt bolt in at the shop but the dog is in the back sometimes and that's not safe.

My brother had a older, row your own exploder, he loved that truck and drove it into the ground.

I'm getting close to 40 and still have no qualms about driving a stripped out car every day. Makes the commute from the metro area a little more bearable.

Forgot to order the conformal coating at amazon this AM when I was picking up trans parts. Have to stop by the electrical store and see of they have it. Need some balance tap connectors too for the LED lightstrip that should be at the house today.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

So I got bored of rock crawling so Idecided to see if my crawler could also double as an rc airplane. lol
Old 04-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Also New Q series pods with heyok wireless controller. These things are bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Axial wraith rear sway bar. I love it. quick spin outside and I can already tell a huge difference. Can't wait to get it into some dirt and see how it handles.
Also modded som eRC4WD 110mm medium body shocks to not leak and use different spring rates. more on that later

I have been getting pm's to show some of my recent mods up close. I will try and get to it this weekend. This week is super busy.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-22-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:49 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

My son go an award at school so he got to pick out something for his truck and he wanted to get a fast motor like me but I am not gonna give him a motor stronger than a tekin pro4 hd so I called and talked to the guys at holmes and in a couple weeks they will have a motor out that will beat the tekin roc 412 so we put his fxr pro up for sale on the forum and it sold in 5 minutes so we got him a mamba max pro from hobby people by my house and I am gonna waterproof it. We will run it on his original stock motor for now till the new brushless motors come out in a couple weeks. If they are anything like my holmes 540xl motor they are gonna be bad ass. He is super excited.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-23-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #71

what size trans spacer did you use? also what gearing are u running?
R6MAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6MAXX View Post
what size trans spacer did you use? also what gearing are u running?
I got the spacer kit from dmg he gives you 2 spacers I used the thick one.

I am running 56/12 32pitch

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-24-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I'm a fan of the RSB too. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Haven't posted any updates for a lil bit here. Been just out with the family busy but we have been running the rigs a few times a week and they are doing great as you can see mine has undergone a few changes. My buddy got a yeti and we have been out hitting trails a lot. The holmes motors took a lil bit longer to come out and I got a smoking deal on a hobbywing xerun 3656sd 4pole motor. For a $75 4pole motor it is awesome super fast been working great. I waterproofed it and my son has been jumping the wraith like crazy now. He is really liking the rig. His birthday is in 2 weeks so he is gonna get a bunch of rc stuff for his rig.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 06-01-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Father and son wraith spawn's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Father & Son Crawling Crawl Space Chit Chat 20 06-16-2014 08:23 AM
xr-10 father and son project. bert8975 Newbie General 3 03-01-2013 12:13 PM
father & son yotas zonkerd Axial SCX-10 14 08-21-2012 05:46 PM
Father-Son: Project Truggy Crawln Coles 2.2 Scale Rigs 28 08-04-2008 07:58 PM
father and son project chino438 Chit Chat 5 10-29-2007 07:29 PM