Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Front battery mod-Need help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 03:44 AM   #1

Default Front battery mod-Need help!!

Hi guys!
Finnished my Wraith kit a wile ago. Now I want to start to modify it, starting by the battery location. I run my battery in the back, but I want to put it in the froint of the truck, but I have a small problem. From what I've seen, to put the battery up front, you need to chop the interior and the steering column, and my dad doesn't want me to cut anything in the truck. My question is. Is there a way for me to fit a small 3S 2.2 mAh battery pack up front without cuting anything?
Thanks
NunoTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Front battery mod-Need help!!

Pull the hood off and see if it fits, if it does then your good to go. If not, your options are pull out interior, pick up a spawn interior or trim your interior without your pops knowing.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

You always try these...and the method 84yoda said open hood hinges very easy mod without cutting..

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 07-26-2015 at 10:33 AM.
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My 2s 5000 mah venoms fits with zero issue. Try sliding it in sideways between the bottom windshield frame crossbar and the crossbar right behind the shock towers. You'll need something for the battery to sit on though, like the delrin tray I got from CKRC. It was only $10-$15 if I remember correctly.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #5
RCC Addict

3s 2200 will fit np just use velcro strap that come with it.
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Pull the hood off and see if it fits, if it does then your good to go. If not, your options are pull out interior, pick up a spawn interior or trim your interior without your pops knowing.
84yoda I thought about getting the Spawn inetrior, but I canīt find a part number. And I would need to paint every part of the dummies from the inside like a normal body panel right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustneversleeps View Post
You always try these...and the method 84yoda said open hood hinges very easy mod without cutting..
I've seen that type of trays, but I'm not a big fan, because I need to take a cross brace of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
My 2s 5000 mah venoms fits with zero issue. Try sliding it in sideways between the bottom windshield frame crossbar and the crossbar right behind the shock towers. You'll need something for the battery to sit on though, like the delrin tray I got from CKRC. It was only $10-$15 if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
3s 2200 will fit np just use velcro strap that come with it.

I'll try to diferent options of sliding and straping tomorow. By the way, where do you guys suggest I put the ESC and/or receiver? Because I need to make room for the battery

Last edited by THX_138; 04-01-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Merge, posts a minute apart
NunoTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunoTT View Post
84yoda I thought about getting the Spawn inetrior, but I canīt find a part number. And I would need to paint every part of the dummies from the inside like a normal body panel right?
Go onto rpp site and search spawn interior (or just spawn) and should find it super easy and there should be a part number listed as well. It comes unpainted with stickers, so just paint inside black then stick the stickers on the outside. Im sure you can find it already painted with stickers on too, but probably more money.

I would just save your money and make it work with wraith interior. Or see if your pops will buy you spawn interior since he doesn't want you cutting up wraith interior. Haha
Old 07-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunoTT View Post
I'll try to diferent options of sliding and straping tomorow. By the way, where do you guys suggest I put the ESC and/or receiver? Because I need to make room for the battery
Best place is anywhere you want it really, just sit and look at it and mess with it till you got it figured out and like it. Stock wires will limit you so just make it work with what you got.

I have my esc right next to tranny, but that won't work for you since your runnin wraith interior. Your options are up front or in back but I don't think stock wires will reach in the back, so put it up front.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Here's my setup. You can see there's still room to spare even with a 5000mah battery in there. It's hardcase too. HTH
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Yes, we know most batterys will fit up there but i think with wraith interior there's less room up front. Not sure since i don't have wraith interior in front of me.

I'm runnin 3s 5200 soft pack up front, and using stock spawn electronic box too (its longer then wraith electronic box up front). I did have to grind down some of the over hang on the plastic lid/cover for electronic box.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #11
RCC Addict

If you have a piece of Aluminum you can make one LOWER and cheaper. I made one here are some pictures.

Post #2 and #3

SDheavymetal's Wraith
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

here's my setup, I use the tray and didn't have to cut anything other than drill some holes int eh trap to put the crossbar back in.

SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynisteR6 View Post
here's my setup, I use the tray and didn't have to cut anything other than drill some holes int eh trap to put the crossbar back in.

That is fantastic!

can we please see more pictures - zoom out, side shot etc.
crashtestheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDheavymetal View Post
If you have a piece of Aluminum you can make one LOWER and cheaper. I made one here are some pictures.

Post #2 and #3

SDheavymetal's Wraith
This also requires you to eliminate the slipper clutch to fit, no?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Go onto rpp site and search spawn interior (or just spawn) and should find it super easy and there should be a part number listed as well. It comes unpainted with stickers, so just paint inside black then stick the stickers on the outside. Im sure you can find it already painted with stickers on too, but probably more money.

I would just save your money and make it work with wraith interior. Or see if your pops will buy you spawn interior since he doesn't want you cutting up wraith interior. Haha
Something to consider with the Spawn interior. It's not very deep/tall, so if you run a Wraith body without doors, you'll see a gap between the interior floor pan and the side chassis rails. Looks a bit like it's "floating" in space. No issues if you run the Spawn body or any other with full door panels. I ran into this issue building my 1.9 Wraith with a Proline Bronco body with the door openings cut out.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtestheli View Post
That is fantastic!

can we please see more pictures - zoom out, side shot etc.
Thanks! I'll try to get some tonight, although its not the exact same configuration anymore. I swapped out/added an AX2 speed transmission and Mamba Max Pro ESC which wouldn't fit up front so it is mounted out back, but the battery and RX are still up front in "Da Tray"
Old 07-30-2015, 05:03 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

As requested. Note, no modifications to the interior other than the steering column.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Is that a Dinky tray? I like that setup SynisteR6.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:56 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Is that a Dinky tray? I like that setup SynisteR6.
Thank you. No, actually its a Crawl Space "da box" as shown in one of the earlier posts by another member.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Here's my version:
Full wraith interior; just trimmed 3/4" off the back of the steering column. All the running gear is sitting on a Crawler Innovations tray. Esc, rx, bec and 3400mah 3s hard case. Your dad will never see the column.
Attached Images

DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Front battery mod-Need help!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front battery mod help Tbredon Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 08-12-2014 03:04 PM
Battery Mod clickaus Axial Wraith 8 05-28-2014 01:11 PM
Battery Mod Question md7989 Redcat Crawlers 9 04-14-2010 09:35 PM
Simple Single Battery Mod thunderwagn Duratrax Cliff Climber 5 01-08-2009 09:10 AM
EVX one battery mod???? Hillbillyking Electronics 3 02-27-2006 11:13 AM