Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: PaloAltoK5's Y-Town XR-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #101
Sometimes, I make things.

I am thinking of upgrading to the B1R esc's, so far what I have read of your thread you seem very happy with them. My main questions on them are how long of runtimes are you putting on them before having heat issues if any? And how is the startup on them? Thanks, I am not happy with my current radio and esc setup and am looking to upgrade.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I am thinking of upgrading to the B1R esc's, so far what I have read of your thread you seem very happy with them. My main questions on them are how long of runtimes are you putting on them before having heat issues if any? And how is the startup on them? Thanks, I am not happy with my current radio and esc setup and am looking to upgrade.
Thanks, yes I am happy with them. I have not had any heat issues, I have been running the TP 3s/45c 1350's and 850's, in practice for about 30 mins before switching and of course comps, which are 4-10 minutes per course. All of the other characteristics are the same as the FXR, startup is nice and smooth. For example, at the Midwest Challenge, with the current motor setup, Tekin 45t HW, I use about 205ma per 4 minute course, and they never heated up.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #103
RCC Addict

So I send a PM to Krawlfreak, thinking to buy some new panels for the BJ v4 and Mini.....Then this box full of goodies shows up today!!

So I had to take everything out and see just what was up!!

Yep, the new panels were in there!! Two sets even!!

But then, I noticed Christmas came early!!

Looks like I'll be re-building the XR10!! Man she is gonna be smokin' hot with this, the new skins and the new Lunsford Rock Grinder Links!!

Check back for the build up, I'll be starting it tomorrow and have a few tricks up my sleve!!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

That chassis look's sweet. Interested in those lunsford link's. Are they pre bent or do they come straight and you bend them.
sdmf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf7 View Post
That chassis look's sweet. Interested in those lunsford link's. Are they pre bent or do they come straight and you bend them.
They come straight my friend, the bending is done by you or who you ask to do it.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #106
RCC Addict

So, time to start the CF BJ v4.2 Build, first thing I had to do was remove the axles from the old Chassis.

Next I moved the electronics over to the new tray.

Then I took the 3mm die from my tap kit and carefully worked each hole by hand....that sounded dirty...lol

I am still waiting on my new links and skins, so I just wanted to mock up the chassis. I used some Traxxas CF shims to protect the chassis while I was test fitting.

Then I had to go do some stuff with my son, but I'll get back to this later...keep checking back!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Looking good Art!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Very nice Art The CF is sexy!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #109

Thanks for the reply on the B1R's. I ordered a pair and am ordering my radio soon also, I am goonna pick up some bigger caps for them too just in case. I am looking forward to this new setup, it will not only look much better but hopefully perform much better too. I am currently running an M2 and DX3E.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the reply on the B1R's. I ordered a pair and am ordering my radio soon also, I am goonna pick up some bigger caps for them too just in case. I am looking forward to this new setup, it will not only look much better but hopefully perform much better too. I am currently running an M2 and DX3E.
Sounds good. Just remember, I recommend using 3s or 2s li-po's with them and keep your motors 45t or higher and they shouldn't even get warm. The bigger caps will help even more. An external BEC is a must have.

Like I said, I am running the 45t hand wound pro's on 3s and haven't had an issue.

Another thing, keep your wiring clean, make sure the caps are oriented correctly and so forth. The caps come with small insulating sleeves, I recommend putting them on when you wire it up, to prevent any unnecessary contact with the wrong connections, i.e. shorting out.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #111

I have a CC BEC already and will be running 2s sometimes but mostly 3s. My motors are Br00d 45t LE Doubles, so our setups will be very similar. If I change out my motors I will be going with a 50 or 55t but hopefully these ESC's and some tuning will take care of the punchy startup I am getting w/ the M2. I will be mounting them on the axle with one of my motor mounts I have leftover, hopefully I can only have wires passing thru my chassis, I want as little sprung weight as possible, it already works well w/ all the electronics in the chassis, I am hoping for a noticable improvement. Thanks for the great build thread and thee input, hopefully we will inspire some more people to try these little guys out.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have a CC BEC already and will be running 2s sometimes but mostly 3s. My motors are Br00d 45t LE Doubles, so our setups will be very similar. If I change out my motors I will be going with a 50 or 55t but hopefully these ESC's and some tuning will take care of the punchy startup I am getting w/ the M2. I will be mounting them on the axle with one of my motor mounts I have leftover, hopefully I can only have wires passing thru my chassis, I want as little sprung weight as possible, it already works well w/ all the electronics in the chassis, I am hoping for a noticable improvement. Thanks for the great build thread and thee input, hopefully we will inspire some more people to try these little guys out.
Sounds interesting, can't wait to see the setup pics! Mounting them to the rear motor or front? If the front, guessing you'll be putting the battery on the top of the axle like many other builds?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Those Carbon fiber Sides look a little naked
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Those Carbon fiber Sides look a little naked
Just waiting for the Mail lady deliver my goodies!! The rig is gonna be naked till they arrive, I don't want to have to tighten and remove the screws to many times, I am lazy like that, lol!!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #115

I may have room on the front axle in front of my battery. I made a few motor rings that have a flange for mounting a flat plate, i have my battery on that, i have some smaller 3s packs on order so i can finalize my setup, the 3s packs i already had were a little too long. Once i get all these parts i can redo my upper links as needed and get rid of the allthread.

I think all the electronics will be too much to fit on the front axle, but i am going to try that first and if not, i will make a plate to put all them on and mount it on the rear, this will probably be what i end up doing, i would rather just mount all the electronics in one spot, and the rear is probably gonna be the best place for them.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Definitely need to see pics!!

Quote:
I may have room on the front axle in front of my battery. I made a few motor rings that have a flange for mounting a flat plate, i have my battery on that, i have some smaller 3s packs on order so i can finalize my setup, the 3s packs i already had were a little too long. Once i get all these parts i can redo my upper links as needed and get rid of the allthread.

I think all the electronics will be too much to fit on the front axle, but i am going to try that first and if not, i will make a plate to put all them on and mount it on the rear, this will probably be what i end up doing, i would rather just mount all the electronics in one spot, and the rear is probably gonna be the best place for them.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #117
RCC Addict

So I figured I'd post up what is in this rig for all to know:
  • Axial XR10
  • Y-Town Beetlejuice V4 Pro Carbon chassis
  • VP Transmission cases
  • VP Motor Plates
  • VP DH2, SLW, or Stock wheels
  • VP Front Upper Link Mount
  • Axial Knuckles, Chubs, Lockouts
  • Axial long throw steering arm
  • Team Tekin 45T HW Pro's
  • Dual Tekin B1R's w/Tekin TT3543 - 25V 1800uF 4S/5S Caps
  • Futaba 4PKS
  • Hitec HS-7980TH Servo
  • CC 10A BEC
  • PAK5 Werks battery tray
  • Axial Machined Steel Gears w/Titanium shafts
  • PAK5 Werks Steering link
  • Lunsford Ti Upper & Lower links w/ revo rod ends
  • Stock Servo mount & rear brace
  • PAK5 Werks .9 lb springs
  • Hot Bodies Wht Sedonas/Losi Boss Claws
  • Crawler Innovations Foams
  • ThunderPower 3S 65C Battery packs 850 & 1350
  • PAK5 Werks Motor Skids
  • Tekin 16 gauge Wire and Deans Plugs
  • Krawler Koncepts Custom Skins
  • Coming Soon - Erik D'Lux Knuckle weight system
Just waiting on a few things in the mail to finish the re-build. I want to be able to put it all back together at once!!

Stay tuned!!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Love that Carbon Fiber!

It's gonna be so light and sweet

If you're going to make some new body panels just thought I'd let you know that Jeremy has the full body panels now. He sent me a set and they're cut as perfectly as you'd expect from him

Can't wait to see some action pics when you finish!
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
If you're going to make some new body panels just thought I'd let you know that Jeremy has the full body panels now. He sent me a set and they're cut as perfectly as you'd expect from him.
You mean these??

Old 03-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
You mean these??

Oh Hell Yeah!!!!!!!
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote