Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: articzap's UGC Viper II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Took the motors into work today and used a bandsaw to groove the set screw, then twisted it out with a flat head screwdriver. Worked out perfect.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Team Brood modded Team Epic's are being shipped tomorrow!

Huge thanks to EddieO!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Motors arrived today along with my C-Hubs and Knuckles. Going to go assemble the axles now and start prepping for the stock chassis, just as a fail safe.

EDIT: Project name change to reflect new chassis setup that I will be going with.

Last edited by articzap; 01-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #64
RCC Addict

You are going to love those Broods. I know a couple guys sporting them locally and they are pure power. I would get the stocker going temporarily, and take it back apart a couple times. Only really as needed, but lube up the gears and get familiar with taking apart the crawler. I know I'll be doing a massive overhaul in a couple weeks, and have torn the axles apart in the field numerous times. If you break during a comp, gotta be able to repair on the fly otherwise its a dns, that really sux. It will all be well worth the experience. And trust me, your patients(or lack there of if your anything like me) will be worth it.
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Ughh. Did not turn out to be a good day at all. Had tons of troubles with one of my Vanquish knuckles. The larger inner bearing would not go in period. Needless to stay a hammer and bearing driver only broke the bearing. D'oh. So tomorrow I need to pick up another bearing. So I figured in the spirit of learning the truck, continued with assembly. The same knuckle posed me another problem. The tie rod screw would not go in straight. Even with no tie rod end in there it would not screw in straight. So I was really getting pissed so I just cross threaded it in. Needless to say, I was pretty upset with that knuckle, but to blame Vanquish, I can't, because I can't prove it was a bad machining process.

The motors went in smooth. This is my first time dialing in a gear mesh, and I can only assume it's right, but I have no idea.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Since I'm switching chassis's, there is no reason to destroy the Hawk topper or Axial carbon fiber chassis. So that means it's back to the stock chassis until I get my UGC Viper. Here's a quick picture. No electronics in it here.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Well I took my first win today!!!! Such an exciting moment considering I'm still a rookie!

I would like to thank a couple of people because without them it would not be possible. Raceacholic for running the club and building me the sickest set of shocks ever! EddieO for rebuilding my Epic motors. What can I say, they are brood-ily awesome!!! A big thanks goes to DickyT who answers my PM's quickly and promptly with the answers I need.

Also thanks to Futaba and Vanquish!

Yeah, I know, it's lame to make a winners speech in my build thread.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Congrats on the WIN! Its always a good feeling to win, idea now is to try and make it a habit.
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Congrats on the WIN! Its always a good feeling to win, idea now is to try and make it a habit.
Once I have my UGC Viper it will be!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Congrats on the win! I'm glad that my answers were helpful. I am looking forward to your rebuild!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Let's take a trip.....

.....underground!

I have a comp tonight so I'll start the build tomorrow. So freaking' excited.

huge thanks to Juan and all of the underground crawlers team. Got to get this ready for motorama so I can kick some ass!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #72
RCC Addict

*snicker* I'm so jealous lol
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Last time running the stock chassis tonight. Every other Wednesday we have a cash competition. I managed to take 2nd behind Raceaholic. -7 on the first course and a 14 on the second course for a total of 7. Not bad. Tomorrow after work myself and Raceaholic will completely re-engineer the truck!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #74
RCC Addict

MMM I love cash days on the rock!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

im running my links dead middle right now on my viper with about 1/4 inch of rise front to rear...worked really really good for me tonight....its a good place to start
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Tires are done. Huge thanks to Raceaholic!!!! Going to his house to finish it up this morning. Hopefully some practice today or tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

dems sure are some funny lookin sedonuts you got their mr lol...intrigued on how they work compared to reg
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Raceaholic helped me to create an electronics tray setup. We took my carbon fiber Axial electronics tray and attached it to one delrin rod. This delrin rod is attached to an open upper link hole. We also put another link on a free front upper link hole. The tray now pivots up and allows access to the front ESC that is laying on the bottom. On the top mounts my rear ESC, RX, and battery. I might try to find a better battery solution, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited by articzap; 02-13-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #79
RCC Addict

Some more roller shots. My BRXL was DOA, so I have no idea what I'm going to do with Motorama right around the corner. I'm loving this electronics tray setup. I slightly redid it again. The battery now goes under the electronics tray. The tray folds down and the velcro secures the battery to the tray and vice versa. The electronics all mount to the top of the tray with velcro. Super slick setup. All the electronics have enough wire slack to allow it to tilt up for easier battery removal. I can even fit my 1300 3S in there.

Tomorrow I will be making the body panels.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #80
RCC Addict

I'm not at all sure how I feel about the side panels. Might do something different with those next time.