Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: articzap's UGC Viper II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default articzap's UGC Viper II

Up to date parts list!

XR10

UGC Viper II

Duratraxx Evader Shocks - Raceacholic Modded
Axial Black Springs

VP Front Upper Link Mount
VP Rear Upper Link Mount
Rowdy Racing Upper Link Spacers
T1E High Clearance Rear Links
Crawler Innovations Low Clearance Front Links (Losi 17* Rod Ends at axle)
Axial 101x6 mm 30* Upper Front\Rear Links

HR C-Hubs
VP Knuckles
VP Brass Knuckles
Custom Delrin/Tungsten Weight Rings
Chaotic Crawlers Tie Rod

VP Motor Plates
VP Transmission Cases
Traxxas Bushings
Axial Machined Gears
Axial Titanium shafts
Rowdy Racing Custom Battery Tray

SLW v4's
-470 Front
-600 Rear
Narrowed Sedona's w/ Double Dueces

Futaba 4PL
Futaba BLS157HV
Tekin FXR times 2
Team Br00d 45T Custom Spec'd

------------------------------------------------------

Well I've been wanting to get into crawling for a long time now, like 6 years, and finally took the plunge after finding a couple of local crawlers.

I decided to go used on my first truck. Found a good deal that I couldn't pass up.

XR10
Tekin Fxr
CC Bec
Futaba S9157 Servo
Epic 45t motors
Punk Dig

Also came with a second set of wheels and 10 sets of tires.

Right now I'm using a TQ3 thats been modded, but Futaba 4pk and another Tekin FXR are in the works. Well it is the way she sits.

Last edited by articzap; 04-06-2012 at 06:24 PM.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

That looks like a good start.

Have you had it on the rocks yet?

If yes, what are your first impressions of the rig?

Have you bought replacement bearings for the gear box's? Or planning to mod them for 5x9x3mm bearings?
RIG_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I have had it on the rocks once. I went out with my friends bully. Right now the dig is not working, a story to be told later. But without the dig, I was still almost able to go every where he did. The truck could stand to be a bit longer too. Couldn't quite get my front tires to hang on ledges like his, but a dig might have helped me get up there. Somethings I had trouble getting over, and somethings he had troubles that I went up first try.

I have not replaced anything, and as far as I know they're stock. I'm going to rock stock until they break, or until VP tranny comes out.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looking good! Id build mine just like that if I had one
Cant wait to see it all finished up...
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like it!!! You have to tell us the story on the punkdig!!!
losichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekt View Post
Looking good! Id build mine just like that if I had one
Cant wait to see it all finished up...
To this guy I owe a lot. It was his truck after all.

Thanks again man!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Those are the motors I'm running because I had them laying around from a past Berg Build. I was going to swap them for better ones but I haven't found a reason to yet. They are working really well!
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

No prob man!
Whats the story on the punk???
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Still haven't bother to get the punk up and running yet, but I did get to bash on it pretty hard tonight. In the process of rebuilding the local indoor rock course, we had to test it, to make sure its doable.

It was my XR10 along with a moonbuggy chassis berg. I must say, we were both pretty shocked at just how well the XR10 could follow almost the same exact line. Granted his crawling looked a little smoother between the dual ESC's, dig ability, and some sneaky-sneaky, but I did get through every section, minus one, where it kept eating the back right wheel. lol

I am on stock bearings and they are holding up fine. I got into some serious axle binding situations. I through enough power at it to rotate the whole chassis around the stuck wheel with no issues. It also once landed upside down in the one concave area we have, and I floored it back and forth until it flipped over.

All in all, I'm very impressed!! I can't wait for the first competition in 2 weeks. I will get pictures and maybe some video from that comp.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

So what's the deal w/ the punk dig?
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
I can't wait for the first competition in 2 weeks. I will get pictures and maybe some video from that comp.
Make sure you get that punk in and some drive time before the comp.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
WNYRCRC

The axial is nice. I was impressed how it crawled basically stock. The story with the dig is that he has not been able to get the modded tq3 yet. Once he gets a radio with the 3 position 3rd channel it will be up and running. And remember it went almost everywhere the moonbuggy did
Raceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceaholic View Post
The axial is nice. I was impressed how it crawled basically stock. The story with the dig is that he has not been able to get the modded tq3 yet. Once he gets a radio with the 3 position 3rd channel it will be up and running. And remember it went almost everywhere the moonbuggy did
thanks for all of your help yesterday! We might have to discuss the sneaky sneaky mod....
Old 11-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Had the truck at its first competition today. It was not only my trucks first comp, but mine too. Out of 12 people in Pro class, I nailed a 3rd spot finish. Truck performed flawlessly and the stock gears are holding up well. Time to start thrashing for PA next weekend. Shocks need a good rebuild.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #15
RCC Addict

So I got crazyorigin's aluminum shock caps that support revo rod ends. First I must say these caps are absolutly awesome. Everything went together perfectly. I highly recommend using some silicone on the threads of the screw that will secure the rod end, M4x10mm. Along with this, I performed a nice sneaky mod to the shocks that should prove to be very helpful in crawling. After reassembly, I have found that the caps with the rod ends make the shock assembly quite a bit longer then before, which has greatly boosted my ground clearance. I'm now sitting at 3.75", which might be to much. I'll most likely have to change the upper shock mounts, ughh.

Okay, enough talking, you want cellphone quality pictures!!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #16
Sometimes, I make things.

They look good on there bud, nice work getting them installed so fast. I hope they work good for ya, they. Definetly boost ground clearance a good bit, but w/ all the adjustability of the stock mounts it definetlly helps get it back down.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

The caps look great! Do to the extra length of them you may need to internally limit the shocks a bit. I am fighting with my proto caps right now since I have already shortened my shocks to work with the UGC proto chassis. With the cap on I have to internally limit so much I get no articulation.

I will be doing some super sneaky shock mods tonight to try and get them to work with my setup. I really want to get some feedback to crazy, but may have to wait for the v2 chassis which will allow me to lay the shocks down further.

Rig is looking great arctic!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get this thing on the rocks and see how she handles with the new shock setup. I need to calculate my cog too. I think I'm gonna crawl it the way it is at Sundays comp and see if it'll work, or if it needs to go lower.

Dt, hurry up and get that chassis dialed in, I want to get that chassis and before motorama!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
Dt, hurry up and get that chassis dialed in, I want to get that chassis and before motorama!
Waiting on Juan at this point. He is supposed to be cutting the rev2's this weekend He has been out of commission so did not get the work he wanted to do last weekend done. It should certainly be done well in time for Motorama, hoping before x-mas
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I really first production unit of the ugc chassis.