Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10"

I am a active member of N.E.R.C.C and have comp'd with N.E.R.C.C recently... last comp was in August.. I took First place in 2.2 comp class with best overall time and no penalty points... I am currently lookin into Boston Crawlers.. I would love to comp with them sometime... i just found out they have a winter points series goin on! iI am definetely interested in getting in on it if possible.. I also heard RC Madness was havin some type of points series? If so im also interested..Will have to look into it.. That spot is definetely a sick spot Robbob... I had a really good time over there.. You could set up a hundred gates out there and never use the same rock twice!!! That hill of Granite ledge is a good 20-30ft tumble to the bottom and is fairly steep so a fall here could be game over (for you or the rig) this rock is very smooth and slippery in spots... Thanks for your kind words guys... I am fortunate to have such a nice playground to practice comp crawling on so close by..
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #82
Custom Carbon Fiber

I havent comped with NERCC in a couple years, their comps usually fall on the Saturdays I work. Good group of guys though, always had fun with them.

Boston had a winter series but lost the location when Wicked closed/owner moved.

The RC Madness winter series is put on by ECRC Crawlers, its the 3rd season we're having it there. Nice spot indoors and they have an indoor offroad course you can play or even race while your there.

We've got the season posted in the regional threads on here and at our site www.ecrcrawlers.org

We get guys from MA and RI that come to it. Maybe we'll get to see ya there.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #83
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Nice lookin spot fo sho.

You weren't tryin to throw a little angle at this pic, were you? Trees generally don't grow like that & tennis balls don't stick to vert very well...

That would be a killer spot for a BIG comp. Is it a public park type deal?
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

My fiancee took all the pics.... shes not a very good photographer..lol. .. this place is a public park and comps have been held there in the past... here is video of me crawling that the jagged rock in yhat angled pic..
http://static.photobucket.com/player...4_100130-1.mp4
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the season info Robbob... I will definetely have to get down there to comp with you guys... Thats too bad about Wicked R.C.. its always abummer to lose a hobby shop locally...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

From where I'm standing, that's still fricken steep!

ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Its definetely a steep climb... no question about that!!! That is one of the toughest, most jagged areas in the entire park... There is a link to a video of me crawlin that section in this thread..
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Went to RC Madness yesterday to take part in E.R.C.C's Winter series opener.... Between fighting with C.C. b.e.c problems (somehow the positive /ground wires insulation ended up with breaks in them resulting in the b.e.c crapping out taking my steering power away) and some bad desicions on my part as far as choosing which penalty points to take. ...I ended up with 7th place in the opener.. .... The courses were layed out with some tough gates that had out of bounds areas close by just waiting for your rig to make one bad move!! Definetely some challenging courses... I had alot of fun. .. It was a great time with a great group of very talented drivers with very capable rigs... These guys can definetely drive and setup courses that would put any pro driver on his A GAME... .. Here are some pics from the first comp... Cant wait for the next comp... see ya boyz soon!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #89
Custom Carbon Fiber

Glad you made it yesterday. Truck looked good, its a hard place to gauge a rigs ability and setup. If you can get a setup that works and has bite then you'll do great on the summer stuff.

See ya in December.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Robbob... those strategically set"out of bounds" are a very nice touch.. I will have to implement those into my practice sessions...
Old 11-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Did a lil tuning today.. put softer 1.04 springs in the front.. here is some test& tune video
http://static.photobucket.com/player...124_145638.mp4
http://static.photobucket.com/player...124_150017.mp4
Old 02-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Haven't posted any new updates on this rig in a while.... My front boss claws where pretty worn so I ended up getting a new pair. I decided to shave the side walls on these... After using the old ones stock and getting descent grip I decided to see how they would grab with this tire mod! I was a little sketchy about it at first... I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good set of tires, but "No guts! No Glory!" So out came the belt sander and this was the result...

Stock Boss Claw

Finished product

Wiped down and on the rig

Inner shot ... I also replaced the servo arm with a better one

After finishing up I took it to my testing grounds....All I can say is wow!! Wish I had done that to the Boss Claws along time ago! These tires grab rock with authority!
I'm really happy with the over all result! The performance of the Boss Claw is a night and day difference to the stock unmodded tire!
Just ordered a Rowdy Racing Electronics mount so moving the electronics out of the chassis is next ! Hopefully moving the electronics forward will also give me that little bit of extra edge in comparison to being sprung weight in the chassis!

Last edited by D19er; 02-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Very nice job! By Far my favorite comp tire..
You think they work now, run some packs on em and throw a good pin cut to em and see ur next step in night and day difference.

What's ur foam setup ur running? It helps make a huge difference as well..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Winnerone...I'm currently just runnin the stock memory foam that came with the tires..... I need to hook up with Crawler Innovations and see what he can do for me... I will try a pin cut in the future.. I had a cut on the last set so When I do it I might try a different pattern.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Very nice job! By Far my favorite comp tire..
You think they work now, run some packs on em and throw a good pin cut to em and see ur next step in night and day difference.

What's ur foam setup ur running? It helps make a huge difference as well..
Also ..will be contacting you in regards to possibly purchasing some carbon fiber Bling!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Very cool! Whenever ur ready, I just got motor guard material in and starting ti fill orders and ship this week. :thumbup:

Oh wow! Stock foams... You have a couple more stages of night and day coming then... Foams for one and a pin cut for 2.
Are ur wheels narrowed to 1"? Or stock width? Cause they will help make some difference as well.

I have a pic of a couple diff pin cuts I Really like, much better then every other row like you had.. a few guys are running it now and really like it as well.

What's ur rtr weight? (for foam setup info) I'll help where I can.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Very cool! Whenever ur ready, I just got motor guard material in and starting ti fill orders and ship this week. :thumbup:

Oh wow! Stock foams... You have a couple more stages of night and day coming then... Foams for one and a pin cut for 2.
Are ur wheels narrowed to 1"? Or stock width? Cause they will help make some difference as well.

I have a pic of a couple diff pin cuts I Really like, much better then every other row like you had.. a few guys are running it now and really like it as well.

What's ur rtr weight? (for foam setup info) I'll help where I can.
Post up that pic so I can check out that cut if you do t mind... My scale is not working right so I will weigh it at the post office in the morning so that with some help from you guys I can get headed in the right direction with my foam setup! Thanks man!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

I'll post the pic up. If you want to see how motoj550 liked the cuts and see the pics.. check out his thread, about 20 threads down, from post 65-78..
Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Decided to go with the cut Winnerone suggested as it seems to be working quite well for him.... Hopefully it will give me the performance I'm looking for... Will test out tomorrow .

Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Just got my mounts and servo guard from "Rowdy Racing"!! Just want to let you guys know that Rowdy is an awesome vendor!! He filled my order and got it to me fast! He shipped the order and it was here in one day! Thanks Rowdy!

Time to clean up this rats nest...

Will be back with the finished goods soon!

AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...Chaotic Switch........ "The Wicked Tuna" Chaotic Crawlers Axial XR10 165 03-29-2013 05:54 PM
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM