Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 10 year Tribute Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #201
Quarry Creeper

I'm still having problems with my rear uppers. Should I get a upper link mount and raise the uppers? How will that affect my geometry? Am I going to go backwards on performance?

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #202
I wanna be Dave

I got it... You need some HH 13t 500 pullers!

The skinnier diameter will give you all the room you need for ur rear uppers.. Way better performance as well! ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post

The skinnier diameter will give you all the room you need for ur rear uppers.. Way better performance as well! ;)
Haha. I wish. I'll have some in the future, when they become cheap and outdated. Lol. Seen them in action. Awesome.
Seriously, I know upper link mount will help with hitting motor. Can I use it to improve my performance also, or will raising upper rear hurt?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Baahahahaha!!! Cheap and outdated.. Ur a riot Glen!

If nothing else can be figured out to clock ur motor down, you'll need a upper link mount then.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #205
RCC Addict

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post

Very true!!! Lol
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #206
Quarry Creeper

How's this for cool? ; I was informed that I'd be filling the 5th spot for the local club in the Missouri Crawl Off. I guess there is not much interest in this segment of the hobby. I've got buddies in the hobby that don't give a hoot about a crawler. I try to show them what my rig is comprised of and what it can do. They just don't care. I think comp crawlers are wicked bad. I love my fast stuff and enjoy them on my track, but I freaking love crawling! So excited about my invite.
Got some tech to post up in a few days. Going to do 9mm bearing mod on my motor plates. The bearings are here, just waiting for my bit to hit the mailbox. I'm also ordering some aluminum chassis braces from Dlux and need some more Boss Claws to fiddle with. Voodoo's would be nice, but gotta spend slow. (it's expensive to keep up with a fleet of rc's and try to build a beast. Lol) .

Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Been working on some pin tires. I have 6 Boss Claws that don't match and are in bad shape. The beads are torn on some and I've had a fight on my hands. I've glues beads, glued cracks in carcass and shaved/cut pins. Now I'm having trouble getting the beads seated in my VP wheels.
No more of this, I've got Voodoo golds and CI foams on the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Did some practicing at my new playground. Only ran two packs before a storm rolled in. It's only about 5mins from my farm. Awesome limestone rip-rap. My bride set up some tough gates for me while I scouted around.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #209
Quarry Creeper

Quick question. Does anybody have any experience using the Axial upgrade motor plate AX30787 with the Hot Racing transmission case? I'm wanting to upgrade my motor plate and go through the front axle. Getting the occasional "pop" out of the front end in a severe bind. I have the Rc4wd gears, bushings, and 9mm mod, but the gears may be used up.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #210
Quarry Creeper

I have my rig and gear together for the Missouri crawl-off. I'm no threat, just a warm body and seat filler. Excited though. Making a weekend trip out of it.
I had an issue with my rear uppers links hitting chassis. Realized I had the spacers on wrong. I had the rod ends up against the chassis instead of spaced out. Doh! Knew something wasn't right. Thanks to Polcyn1030, I have a new set of Voodoo golds and CI foams. Man these things are sticky! I may have to tune some of the grip out. I'm taking my trusty Rovers with me and may run what I'm used to. I need some more quality time with these tires before hitting a big comp. Decisions, decisions. I'll post some pics and videos of the weekend. See Ya!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:06 PM   #211
Quarry Creeper

Missouri state championship was cool. I didn't come in last. The comp was held at Flat Nasty off-road Park. Super neat place in the middle of nowhere. The rock was a bit of sandstone and I went with the Rovers over pins. I'm happy with my decision. I made some stupid mistakes, but learned a lot. I'm happy with my finish and my driving.
Yesterday showed me that I need some better quality and smoother motors. I had a brush stick on my front motor and that killed me on the last course. My bad, I knew I should have cleaned and freshened up my motors. That sucked, but I kept my cool. Time to start trolling the classifieds for some used motors. I'd rather have new, but I'm still in Slash season and gotta spread the money out.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #212
Quarry Creeper

My Voodoo experiment has begun. I have a set of golds with 5.5 comp cuts. Soft in front and medium in rear. I'm using soft tuning rings in front and firm in rear. The rears seem to be working well, not getting stuck in holes. The front is a different situation. The fronts seem un-filled and floppy. I seem to have an excessive amount to tire wrap. When they unload, it's unpredictable. I'm considering putting an another soft tuning ring in or going with the 6.0 comp cut with soft outer. How odd would it be to run 6.0 in front and 5.5 in the rear? I'm happy with how the rear is working, just need to tame down the fronts. Opinions?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #213
www.ottsix.com

As long as the 5.5's are working out back, don't change it...but yes, try 6.0 soft up front.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #214
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
As long as the 5.5's are working out back, don't change it...but yes, try 6.0 soft up front.
Kool. Thanks for the input. I know you know these tires well. Ordering now. I've got this thing close, just a few odds and ends to tidy up and I can sleep good at night. :cool:
Old 07-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #215
www.ottsix.com

How about a pin pattern...do you have one up front at all?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
How about a pin pattern...do you have one up front at all?
Not yet. Still have full pins. Just getting a feel for the Voodoo. Excited though. Seems to really be pliable and grippy. I've done some searching, but haven't seen the one for all pattern that I'm willing to risk. Ideas?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #217
www.ottsix.com

the 'star' pattern is very basic and works great
Old 07-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #218
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
the 'star' pattern is very basic and works great
Thanks. I'll check it out. Don't want to go too crazy on brand new set of expensive tires. I've been using my trusty Rovers and have limited experience with pins. I just never bonded with my Boss Claws, but stoked about these Voodoo. I plan on sticking with them and learning their charasticsts.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #219
Quarry Creeper

Ordered my 6' comp cut, soft outer CI foams for the front. This pic is static. Tire wrapped and stayed.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #220
Quarry Creeper

Received my 6in comp cut Crawler Innovations foams with soft outer. Seems to have fixed my issue with tire wrap. I still have the option of running a soft tuning ring, if needed. I mounted without the tuning ring to get a baseline and work off that setup. Crawler Innovations was kind enough to send me a set of 6in comp cuts with medium outer as a surprise bonus. If I find my rears too small, I have the setup. What a company! I'm a country boy and retired salesman. I was raised to do business like that. Customer service at its highest. I'm in pretty good shape foam-wise, but I have a extra set of comp cut 5.5's with softs that I'm gonna pay forward and I'll run their stickers and praise their company. I see a massive difference in watching my practice videos from my old tires/foams and now. This is exciting.

Tags
conflict mod

10 year Tribute Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year build off!!!! oleminer North Dakota 24 11-26-2012 11:41 AM
Its a new year..Serious build change wkcrawler4me HPI Wheely King 6 10-04-2009 07:55 AM
Axial Dorkstar tribute build ecoli Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 03-26-2008 04:29 PM
Trying to Build one again after a year and half away..got questions 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 05-03-2007 11:38 AM
Crawler Build Off This Year???? procrawler-wannabe Chit Chat 25 01-04-2006 01:13 PM