Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 10 year Tribute Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

I just pulled my old style 5.25" inners out of my fronts to give the 5.5" CC inners a go at it(I wanted a little better side hilling out of my rig and with Battle Ground coming up as more of a rip rap type of crawling, less chance to get stuck in as many holes), but am using the 5.25" outer. Then again, im sub 4lbs..
You might be better off with 5.5" CC soft and medium...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I just pulled my old style 5.25" inners out of my fronts to give the 5.5" CC inners a go at it(I wanted a little better side hilling out of my rig and with Battle Ground coming up as more of a rip rap type of crawling, less chance to get stuck in as many holes), but am using the 5.25" outer. Then again, im sub 4lbs..
You might be better off with 5.5" CC soft and medium...
Great. This adds a new dimension. My bluff is limestone slab, but most of the rock in our area is rip-rap. Does that mean the 5.5's may be best for me? C.I.'s site recommends 5.25 for my weight. Spoiler Alert,,,, I'm getting confused again. Lol. What about comp cut, what about rings?

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

I say 5.5 Med rear and soft up front no rings my opinion
cliff1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Nothing against the site or Eddie, but you Don't want 5.25" foams at ur weight!
Soft and medium for sure. Get tuning rings, but not sure you'll need them.
Im sub 4lbs and after a little use, the 5.25" soft are too soft for most ppl.. I run them, but am use to them that way. My one set of BC's have the beat 5.25" CI foams with a tuning ring, just to keep them from bein too flat.
5.5" CC soft and medium will be what you want. After some use, then you could add a tuning ring, if you wanted.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #165
Quarry Creeper

Kool thanks. Comp cut?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Comp cut.. CC... CC 5.5" CI foams... Lol..
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Comp cut.. CC... CC 5.5" CI foams... Lol..
Doh!! Alrighty then, ordering now.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #168
Quarry Creeper

Ordered Crawler Innovations comp cut 5.5's in medium and soft. Don't think Eddie liked me going against his recommendation of 5.25's. My total was also about $7 higher than the website showed. Oh well. Just hope they dominate over the memory foam I have. I'm sure they will, even if I went too big.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Your foam choice won't be regretted.. Specially over memory foams!

Funny tho, they costed you more then the website added to to.. Hmmm. Weird
Old 05-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Your foam choice won't be regretted.. Specially over memory foams!

Funny tho, they costed you more then the website added to to.. Hmmm. Weird
It's no biggie. $36 total. Just caught me off guard. I'm stoked about using them. Still fooling with my BC's trying to get the three I have left off the wheels. Bout to give up and just get 4 new to me. I priced Voodoo's. OUCH! Gonna b a while for that. I can buy a bias farm tire for one of my 1:1 Willys for the price of 4 Voodoo's. Not cracking on the price/value, they're just not in my Wifey's budget this month. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Got my Crawler Innovations foams today. Sweet product and no imperfections. They feel great. Can really notice an improvement just on my practice pile here at the house. While I was at it, I hit my sidewalls on the belt sander. I went easy on them and already getting some tire wrap. I'm very happy with my tires and foams for now. I'll do something towards a pin tire in the future, but I'm gonna run this setup for a while.
One of the next thing on my to do list is attaching my Rowdy battery mount to my Hot Racing tranny case like Conflict did. Kudos to him for figuring out how to connect the two together. I will finally be rid of my battery flopping back and forth. I've also got to cut a relief in my Custom Fiber motor guards on left rear. My link hits and limits my articulation. I've still got some link changes to make, just haven't done it yet.
Here's a during and after pic.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

I took care of my Rowdy battery mount flopping around. Did Conflict's mod to attach Rowdy mount to HR trans case. Works slick. I was a little off with my eyeballing, but it worked perfectly. The dang transmission fought me the whole way. I'd get something done, then realize I skipped a step. Was after my bedtime. Here's some pics of the process. Wishing I'd have taken the time to de-anodize my little green spacer.
I thrashed to get it done before leaving Sunday morning for Mothers day. Wifey and I stopped by Park where last comp was. I wanted to work on lines I struggled with. Went well. Got some decent video, but the good stuff is on wife's phone. Here's a video of a cool Rock. I messed it up, but saved it and made it. Free Crawl 5-14: http://youtu.be/C3Gqg1HYdsU
Here's a video of today on my pile here at the house. Not much to see, it just eats everything. Gotta add my other rocks and re-vamp. Free Crawl 5-14: http://youtu.be/C3Gqg1HYdsU

Last edited by jollyjeeper; 05-12-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

HA HAAA, looking good Glen. By the way that has a nice ring to it "Conflict Mod"
Conflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #174
Quarry Creeper

I goofed on the videos. Left out my video from the other day at my practice pile at the house. Here it is. Practice pile 1: http://youtu.be/pAQ7E6l8PUY
I went to the park again with a buddy yesterday. He's playing with a Redcat RS10. He's left the rear steer on and has better servos and bec. He also found a way to put 60t 540 motors on it and is running droop. It's actually amazing what a rig that has less than $200 in it will do. He has a Losi Comp, but this thing is his go-to. I'm gonna get my son one when after he does some farm work for me. I'm impressed with how durable and capable the RS10 is.
Here's a shot of us yesterday.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

I changed my front uppers. Moved them to the top of the chassis. It got dark on me and I didn't get to test. I hope to see some results, good or bad tomorrow. I also turned my cab backwards. I'm noticing some wear on the roof, so I flipped it to wear on a different edge. (I know, I know. My cabs on backwards. Whatever. Lol). Working on getting some pin tires. Just hoping my source has a full set pretty un-cut. Although, my source has been right about everything he's told me to do and advised. I'd like to start from scratch and pay more attention to some of your guys cuts and YouTube videos also.

Last edited by jollyjeeper; 05-14-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Actually... Ur cab is on the OG way and it use to be that the other way, now the Only way, was "backwards".. Lol..

The cab was one of the main reasons I original bought the chassis to start with.

Can't wait to hear how testing goes.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #177
Quarry Creeper

Fun little update. A buddy of mine owns the quarry down the road from my home bluff. He told me yesterday I could have a key and play/hold comps any weekend or evening. I have a freaking quarry anytime I want and it's only a mile from house!! I can ride my 4wheeler there, nuthin but backroads. I was getting bored with my bluffs and completely lost interest in my practice pile. This place should give me plenty of challenges.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Checked my mail today and I received 2 cut and shaved Boss Claws from Winnerone23. They aren't cut as aggressively as his standard cut, but I can work up to that. I've got 2 brand new ones on the way yet for the rear. I'll shave them and go from there. That puts a set of siped/ shaved Rovers and a set of pin tires in my arsenal.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

If I may.. I'm sure Motoj550 will agree.. Run the set you got from me on the rear, you can cut them any way you want, and they will work.
If ur goin to work ur way into "My" cut, on the front, you will have to work ur way into it with the fresh set. The row that's missing in the set I sent you Won't match up to my cut..
After the many results and moto's results for this season, The front cut is where it's at! (For me)...
Old 05-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
If I may.. I'm sure Motoj550 will agree.. Run the set you got from me on the rear, you can cut them any way you want, and they will work.
If ur goin to work ur way into "My" cut, on the front, you will have to work ur way into it with the fresh set. The row that's missing in the set I sent you Won't match up to my cut..
After the many results and moto's results for this season, The front cut is where it's at! (For me)...
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll take another hundred looks at your thread. Haha.

Tags
conflict mod

10 year Tribute Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year build off!!!! oleminer North Dakota 24 11-26-2012 11:41 AM
Its a new year..Serious build change wkcrawler4me HPI Wheely King 6 10-04-2009 07:55 AM
Axial Dorkstar tribute build ecoli Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 03-26-2008 04:29 PM
Trying to Build one again after a year and half away..got questions 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 05-03-2007 11:38 AM
Crawler Build Off This Year???? procrawler-wannabe Chit Chat 25 01-04-2006 01:13 PM