Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 10 year Tribute Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #221
Quarry Creeper

I've been doing some mock comp scenarios. Wifey has been setting up courses for me and has a good eye. She makes some interesting gates at my practice areas. We've been working on time management and she's a good spotter.
With these new Voodoo tires and my CI foams dialed, it has become apparent I need more than my 45t Integy Mod motors. I'm getting so much grip my motors are stalling. I've got my axles built up, so more power won't hurt me. I'm gonna scour the classifieds some more for some good used motors after school shopping for 3 teenagers. Lol. In the meantime, I'm loving my crawling life.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #222
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjeeper View Post
. Tire wrapped and stayed.
Baby powder is your friend. Dust the inside of your tire before you stick the foam in it and it will help keep this wrap from "sticking".
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #223
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
Baby powder is your friend. Dust the inside of your tire before you stick the foam in it and it will help keep this wrap from "sticking".
Thanks Sam, great tip! I'm gonna tear them down and dust them up. It's better with the 6.0 foams up front, but still does it a bit.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Alright, time for an update. We had our first comp indoor last week. I placed 5th out of 6. I'll take it, didn't finish last. I was the one of the few running pins. My first run was good, but my next two sucked. Seems like the voodoos don't like dust. I'm thinking of running my shaved rovers, seemed to be the tire. My biggest concern is what foam setup to run. I have a full assortment of CI foams, but I don't remember my tune. We have a comp on Sunday at same location, so I gotta get to work taking beadlocks off and on again over and over until I get foams right. Ugh. Lol.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Hey Glen! What's ur rtr weight?

Maybe we can help with foam setup...

EDIT: Maybe a list/idea of what CI foams you have sitting around?

4lbs.. 5.25/5.5" CC with soft front, medium rear..

Up to 4½lbs 5.5" soft front, medium rear.. 5.5" CC medium front? 6" CC inner with 5.25/5.5" soft outer in the front Depends on how you like ur tires to perform. And what it rtr weight is too

Last edited by winnerone23; 01-15-2015 at 09:01 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #226
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Hey Glen! What's ur rtr weight?

Maybe we can help with foam setup...

EDIT: Maybe a list/idea of what CI foams you have sitting around?

4lbs.. 5.25/5.5" CC with soft front, medium rear..

Up to 4½lbs 5.5" soft front, medium rear.. 5.5" CC medium front? 6" CC inner with 5.25/5.5" soft outer in the front Depends on how you like ur tires to perform. And what it rtr weight is too
I'm just under 5lbs. I'm running 6in soft up front and 5.5 med on rear with my Voodoo's. I'm gonna try on some 5.5's front and rear with med on rear and soft up front. I've got every variation of C. I. foams in comp cut. Foams I got. Wheels is what I want. Wanting to go CF on every set of tires I have. Then I can just swap wheels depending on traction. I'm tired of beadlocks on and off and on and so on. Lol.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #227
I wanna be Dave

5lbs!!! What is it, a Super!
Anyways.. Yeah, 5.5" soft front, med rear should be a good starting point.. Maybe even a tuning ring up front, since she's on the porker side of thing's.. ;)
As for wheels.. Lots of great options out there..
ClassiCutCustom's has some nice glue on's.

If you have lots of tires and foams to go in all of them.. CI wheels are a solid route to go. You can get 4 sets for the average price of 1 set of CF glue on's.. Look like this..

Then hit BC-Brian up, of Lattice Innovations, for a few sets of Shift hubs.. Regular in red, slims in black

You'll be down to wheels nuts off and on in a minute and ready to crawl any terrain!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 PM   #228
Quarry Creeper

Shh, she's real self conscious of her weight. That's one reason I want to go to a minimal weight wheel. I wanna see what happens without these VP wheels. I've been comping with 1000mah packs, need to get me some 450's.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #229
I wanna be Dave

she isl a fat pig an she always will be . lol
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #230
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
she isl a fat pig an she always will be . lol
Yup, but I think you'd be happy with how well she drives. I've been very fortunate to have lots of toys in my life. This freaking thing is one of my favorites!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #231
RCC Addict

My xr drives best at about 4lb 12oz. That sound like about where your at. In Sedonas i had was regularly running 5.5 (pre comp cut) with soft front and rear
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #232
I wanna be Dave

glad its working for ya man

I sure an missing playing on the rocks that's for sure

I have some parts still but really want to trade of my wraith for a comp truck or a nive sporty an get back into it alil
or trade off my 4x4 slash
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #233
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
glad its working for ya man

I sure an missing playing on the rocks that's for sure

I have some parts still but really want to trade of my wraith for a comp truck or a nive sporty an get back into it alil
or trade off my 4x4 slash
It's working great! I have a track here at the house and a bunch of slashes. Every time I pull the trigger on the slash, I smile. But,,,,, my crawler is the one rc I take with me everywhere I go. Never know when you might find a cool rock to dominate.

I need some more steering. Mine has the least amount of turn compared to all the guys I comp with. I have STRC knuckles and C hubs. I see where I can clearance a little material off, but my tie rod hits my housing.

So, I also have a exciting set of new to me motors. They came from a Holmes team driver. 35 turn. 7.5 comm. 3 slot skewed armature. Fat wire. Lay down brushes. Light weight brush hood. Lightweight turned down can. I've had them for a couple of weeks, but haven't bolted them in. We've been running indoor a couple of times and just had a rare day to get outside. I need to get them installed and get some time with them before our next comp. One thing is for sure, they will test my beefed up axles.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #234
Quarry Creeper

Stressful day at our comp today. My 7950 gave up the ghost 2 gates in on my first course. Gears stripped. I had to resort to my cheap, high voltage backup servo. It is a little longer than the 7950 and there is a gap between the ears and the mounts. I have some shims I made out of plastic servo arms, but I couldn't find them in my spares. I wound up using my Calderwood adjustable upper link mount to make up the space. Luck was on my side because I was able to use a couple of the screw holes. Time was ticking and my fix got me through the rest of the day. Here's a couple of pics. Not what Calderwood had in mind. Lol.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

hey glen I hard you have missed me so I sold off the slash an got another comp rig so

im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #236
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey glen I hard you have missed me so I sold off the slash an got another comp rig so

im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Excellent! Glad to hear it. What'd ya get, gonna do a thread?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #237
I wanna be Dave

nothing new
just a old t1e ss on a xr
Old 03-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #238
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
nothing new
just a old t1e ss on a xr
Bitchin. I'll look for your thread. You gotta add to the excitement, it's pretty quiet around the XR scene.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #239
I wanna be Dave

im not here to make noise
just mis the action an some friends
Old 05-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #240
Quarry Creeper

I'm back! I got hooked on the indoor dirt racing scene and went full attack. I've been corrupting the crowd there for well over a year. Took most of that time to chase a setup. Since I'm finally having some success I figure it's time to bail and go back to getting my butt kicked at crawling. Wifey and I have been going to the track 3 nights a week most of the season. We live in the sticks, so that's 6 hrs of driving each week. Our comp group hasn't met up in over 2 years, so If I have to travel to a comp it's not a big deal to spend a few hours of drive time to attend. Crawling is my favorite segment of the hobby anyway.
With all that said, here's the scoop on what's been going on with my rig. I've drug it around in the back of a Jeep for Thousands and Thousands of miles with it buried under whatever I've thrown on top of it to haul. The awesome Holmes 35t motors are worn out and need sent in for rebuild. The switch I had for dig stopped working on my 4PLS. One of the micro esc's was giving out. I did buy another 4PLS to replace the old one that had been ruthlessly abused and used to beat rocks into pieces. I kinda set the new radio to my XR, but I didn't get it totally set up.
All in the past............
New Holmes 13 turn Crawlmasters, dual Holmes BR minis, and CC Bec at 7.4 Yes! More pics and less words in next update.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Tags
conflict mod

10 year Tribute Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year build off!!!! oleminer North Dakota 24 11-26-2012 11:41 AM
Its a new year..Serious build change wkcrawler4me HPI Wheely King 6 10-04-2009 07:55 AM
Axial Dorkstar tribute build ecoli Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 03-26-2008 04:29 PM
Trying to Build one again after a year and half away..got questions 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 05-03-2007 11:38 AM
Crawler Build Off This Year???? procrawler-wannabe Chit Chat 25 01-04-2006 01:13 PM