Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Exclusive Review Axial Yeti ax90026

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #121
TSK
Shelf queen

Default Re: Exclusive review of the Axial YETI AX90026

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Just caved and gave RPP my money.
get to the back of the line
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #122
Rock Stacker

Plastic, non adjustable camber and steering links? Seriously? Oh well, should have known that would happen. Where the heck is a shift servo supposed to go? I don't see any logical space in those shots.
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #123
TSK
Shelf queen

Is it me or did all the haters forget this is an RTR made to fit in most peoples budget. I'm sure the kit will flow with all the metal link and balls they want. Till then, if they want a $650 RTR with metal links and such, the they can just bite it. Half the damn fun of this hobby is wrenching on these damn trucks. If it came with all the goods already, what the hell should we wrench on?.

And who cares where the shift servo goes? It obviously wAs designed to accept one somewhere.

You guys should just be concerned if whether or not it has a Deans plug.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

There appears to be a flat spot on top of the transmission near an open "tube" that looks like it goes right into the gearbox, which seems like a logical place...
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Nope that's definitely not it! Perhaps this one.

Hi-Res image

Now we know what the weight box is for. To prevent this ^^^^^^^^^^
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
I'm sure it was a decision between a weight box or a wing as far as flying is concerned... I'll take the weight box.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #127
TSK
Shelf queen

Let me apologize in advance. I'm in a foul mood and hearing people trash a sweet new rig that is designed by people who are as passionate about this hobby as we are just piss me off.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #128
RCC Addict

maybe one of the tags apply to you, see below.
You did a fine job of growling at the haters, I was quite entertained with your honesty .
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Tactic servo?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #130
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
You did a fine job of growling at the haters, I was quite entertained with your honesty .
I don't need a nap. I need the release date of the Yeti to be a month ago.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Is it me or did all the haters forget this is an RTR made to fit in most peoples budget. I'm sure the kit will flow with all the metal link and balls they want. Till then, if they want a $650 RTR with metal links and such, the they can just bite it. Half the damn fun of this hobby is wrenching on these damn trucks. If it came with all the goods already, what the hell should we wrench on?.

And who cares where the shift servo goes? It obviously wAs designed to accept one somewhere.

Yep. This is RTR...it looks to have a good base to build on and upgrade as we break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
There appears to be a flat spot on top of the transmission near an open "tube" that looks like it goes right into the gearbox, which seems like a logical place...
That's where I'd put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Throttle can help that, it's got four wheels for centrifugal inflight attitude adjustment. Let off too much front flip, full throttle and back flips, assuming the jump provides enough altitude and distance to complete the moves. Weight box will help, but the batter is already in the rear and the proper way to land a gapper like that is to nose over and land all four on the down ramp. Hard to tell from camera angle if it was clean landing lol.

Quote:
I'm sure it was a decision between a weight box or a wing as far as flying is concerned... I'll take the weight box.
I'll take both.

Quote:
x2....hmmm....I'm kinda sleepy. Nap time....no wait....ride time!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Thanks a ton for the write up, proper flogging session and sweet pics Badger and Brandon!!
I ordered mine the second I got the message from Kevin @ TCS that the pre sale was up. I can't wait to get my hands on this killer new rig!!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #133

Quote:

Or maybe it's just that we don't all drink the Axial Kool-Aid and automatically think they can't do any wrong? It's an awesome rig, but it's not perfect. I'm not sure why you would get pissed about people voicing their opinions and mentioning valid points.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Or maybe it's just that we don't all drink the Axial Kool-Aid and automatically think they can't do any wrong? It's an awesome rig, but it's not perfect. I'm not sure why you would get pissed about people voicing their opinions and mentioning valid points.

What are you finding wrong
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #135
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I;m not all over "Axial's Kool-Aid". Whats wrong with me voicing my valid opinion about the haters? The fact of the matter is this is an RTR kit, And if anyone else noticed, all the Axial RTR's have plastic links and plastic hollow balls. And then a month or two later, when Axial releases the "kit version" it has all the metal links and some other cool stuff to go along with it, and minus the electronics, it still ends close to, or more expensive than the RTR. The original JK RTR and kit are a perfect example of this.

So the fact that this is an RTR, and that people are hating the fact that it has plastic links, means they need to quit whining and wait longer for a kit.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I;m not all over "Axial's Kool-Aid". Whats wrong with me voicing my valid opinion about the haters? The fact of the matter is this is an RTR kit, And if anyone else noticed, all the Axial RTR's have plastic links and plastic hollow balls. And then a month or two later, when Axial releases the "kit version" it has all the metal links and some other cool stuff to go along with it, and minus the electronics, it still ends close to, or more expensive than the RTR. The original JK RTR and kit are a perfect example of this.

So the fact that this is an RTR, and that people are hating the fact that it has plastic links, means they need to quit whining and wait longer for a kit.
You and I should go get a beer......I love hating on the haters. I was going to respond to an earlier post about the plastic links, but you beat me to it. Yes the RTR all have the plastic links, and plastic this and that, then comes the kit with all the real goodies, nothing new there. Most everyone wanted IFS and low and behold I read in this thread someone wants to put a solid axle up front wtf. And as far as the shift servo.....I think you mount it on another vehicle and run them next to each other
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

The only thing I could do was fall on my knees, screaming "WHYYYYYYY!!!!!".

Jst when I spent my budget on an Egress and pre-ordering the Kyosho re-re Scorpion, Axial pulls ths from their hats... :P

Well. It's gonna be cheap bread and peanutbutter for the foreseeable future, because I really, REALLY want this. And those whiners that nag on about the plastic links, low-spec motors and all other things they immediately started pissin' an moanin' about, can go take a hike to someplace with rabid wolverines afaiac..

Judging by the hi-rez pics, the Yeti seems to have all the amenities I could ask for:
-easy lifted cage
-sway bars already fitted (a mst with ny reasonably fast solid axle)
-reasonable motor. 3150kv is plenty for a starters, especially on 3s
-high-quality aluminium dampers. (No more popping of damper-caps)
-scale goodies, like a full-on fuel cell, nd a filler in the cage. Just add a bit of tubing..

And drivers,.. Be it that their helmets seem to be a tad on the small size, but that's easily rectified.

And, if I understand it correctly, a 2-speed already fitted. It only needs an extra servo and a 3-channel receiver+transmitter (or maybe just an extra servo)
I nver had any trouble with the TH's 2-speed after correctly, and precisely setting the end-points.

And the size looks very good, whereas the TH, great piece of kit that it is, is a tad on the small side, but, truth be told, exactly right for a back-pack. Which is a good thing when one's real-life transport only has two wheels and runs on people-power

In short:I like what I am seeing, really, rally like it.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 06-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #138

what's the wheelbase????
krkcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #139
Pebble Pounder

Aw yeah! I remember when I purchased my TH all I wanted was Axial to release something like this. I have par taken in the juice that is Axial and I love it! So stoked for this. Plans spinning already. The multicopters will have to get some shelf time now!

Thanks for the write up and the pics Badger, you lucky duck you. As for the haters, the one thing to think about before you start to hate - you haven't driven this yet, let alone touch it. Be patient with your hate. In due time you will have the opportunity to make an informed decision of hate. You will then be respected for you hate...or not.

I say this in jest, let the good times roll!
motomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #140
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I'm excited for Axial. It's great to see a completely new platform coming out. Not my cup of tea though. I'll stick to my Twin Hammers for now. This thing is just too big and wide for my taste. I need to see one in person and watch some videos before I can form any more of an opinion on it than that obviously. No matter what I think about it, I hope it's a big hit for Axial.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2, ax90026, axial, axial yeti, crawler, from skinny kids at axial, koh, minions, nap time, rock racer, scale, shut up nigel, ultra4, yeti

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/499050-exclusive-review-axial-yeti-ax90026.html
Posted By For Type Date
Axial YETI - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum This thread Refback 07-14-2014 02:40 PM
Mini Monster Club Romand • Consulter le sujet - Axial Yeti 1/10 4WD – RTR This thread Refback 07-12-2014 03:06 PM
RCFans̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-05-2014 03:10 AM
Axial 1/10 Scale Yeti Rock Racer (IFS front/Solid rear) - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 06-23-2014 06:01 PM
RCFans̳ - ңģ̳|RCFans This thread Refback 06-23-2014 07:29 AM
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 06-23-2014 03:54 AM
New Products | Aussie RC This thread Refback 06-22-2014 02:05 PM
clubrcsherbrooke.com - Consulter le sujet - Nouveau Axial Yeti! This thread Refback 06-22-2014 07:38 AM
u4rc.pl • Wyświetl temat - Niedługo nowy model Axiala This thread Refback 06-21-2014 02:31 PM
Axial Yeti - Other makes - Tamiyaclub.com Forums This thread Refback 06-21-2014 02:20 PM
RC-TRIAL.PL :: Zobacz temat - Gara Bogdana This thread Refback 06-21-2014 01:00 PM
RCFans̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 06-21-2014 05:11 AM
RC-TRIAL.PL :: Zobacz temat - Gara Bogdana This thread Refback 06-20-2014 01:08 PM
Vintage-RC • Afficher le sujet - Axial Yeti This thread Refback 06-20-2014 12:43 PM
Have you seen the Yeti? This thread Pingback 06-20-2014 05:00 AM
AX90026 YETI™ 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD – RTR - Page 6 - RC News - Modelsport UK Forum - Page 6 This thread Refback 06-19-2014 03:00 PM
Wird der neue EXO ein YETI - RC Car Empfehlungen / Modellvorstellungen - RC-Werkstatt.de - Das Modellbau-Forum für alle Modellbaubereiche This thread Refback 06-19-2014 02:10 PM
Axial Yeti 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR This thread Refback 06-19-2014 01:59 PM
Vintage-RC • Afficher le sujet - Axial Yeti This thread Refback 06-19-2014 01:32 PM
Exclusive review of the Axial YETI AX90026 - Page 4 - RCCrawler This thread Refback 06-19-2014 01:30 PM
Axial YETI... du lourd en perspective... - Page 4 This thread Refback 06-19-2014 12:45 PM
AX90026 YETI™ 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD – RTR - Page 5 - RC News - Modelsport UK Forum - Page 5 This thread Refback 06-19-2014 09:53 AM
Новая модель от Axial 1/10 Yeti 4WD RTR This thread Refback 06-19-2014 05:59 AM
Axial YETI... du lourd en perspective... - Page 3 This thread Refback 06-19-2014 04:42 AM
Novo "carroço" da Axial! Axial Yeti! : Geral - Luso RC This thread Refback 06-19-2014 02:08 AM
Axial Yeti? (IFS front/Solid rear) - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 06-19-2014 01:33 AM

Exclusive Review Axial Yeti ax90026 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Yeti vs Twin Hammer MeanTT Vaterra Twin Hammers 85 12-01-2015 05:08 PM
Big Squid RC Yeti Video & Review thisdougsforu Axial Yeti 28 07-14-2014 08:16 PM
Axial Yeti corporatelemon Wisconsin 24 06-22-2014 07:32 PM
Axial Yeti? 2-shot Chit Chat 25 06-17-2014 10:35 AM
The Lowdown on the AXIAL YETI!! RcCrawl 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 06-16-2014 02:04 PM