Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower513 View Post
Update, it's not the servo that I though, it's the ESC. I took out my servo and out it on my wraith and it works fine whereas on my yeti it twitches and stays all the way right.

Guess the waterproof ESC isn't so waterproof.

Time to call axial and see where we are at on a replacement.
I don't think the ESC has anything to do with how the servo acts. Unless the internal bec is at the wrong voltage somehow. Try hooking up an external bec. I think it would work just fine
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
I don't think the ESC has anything to do with how the servo acts. Unless the internal bec is at the wrong voltage somehow. Try hooking up an external bec. I think it would work just fine
Good point.

I had a cc bec set at 7v installed at time of issue. I've tried eliminating everything except radio. The box was 100% dry and I put the wraith servo on the yeti radio and it he wraith servo acted like the yeti servo.

So it has to be ESC or radio.

I'll try the radio in the AM, I've spent the last few hours breaking it down and building it back up.
Tower513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #303
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Got my Yeti today, not impressed so far...

I've had my Yeti for 4 days now and love it!!! Favorite rig yet and I've owned everything from the TLT on... Axial definitely did their homework with this car and I think they hit a home run!!! A few upgrades and it'll be hard to beat especially for $419 RTR!!!

I through in a blue monkey locker, mip shafts, carter fab stainless arms, VP double shear posts and 13t pinion to start with...

As with any RTR I went through it before I drove it... I ran through 2 3s 4000mah packs and I absolutely love this car!!! The torque is awesome and perfect for a U4...

Now the bad... The steering is lacking (obviously) but not horrible... After a few essential parts it'll be awesome... I bent up a trailing arm from the TORQUE of the motor doing hard launches on asphalt scrubbing in the Treps... All in all this is going to be a game changer...

Well done Axial and all who had a hand in this car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post

You were right, I finally decided after tearing the car apart and putting it back together that I would bind my wraith controller to the yeti and walla, it works good as new!

I guess I got way to much water into the controller from the rain, wish I had plastic bags today!

So the car was perfect and the controller failed!
Tower513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #305

Hey guy's, have a question and I know everyone has their own personal preferences. This will be my first nice rig. Stuck between the axial yeti and the traxxas stampede. Would you please point out pro's and cons of each. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
troyburge22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #306
I joined the Band!

You heard him boys, Pony up those pros and cons.. Chop Chop!!
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #307
Suck it up!

Stampede: big, dumb, nearly bulletproof. Perfect right out of the box for ham-fisted, low IQ shenanigans. It was literally designed for the lowest common denominator. Think carving a turkey with a chain saw.

Yeti: big, more fragile, requires more than a pulse to pilot. Much more capable, but not as resilient if your goals are running it into stuff at high speed. Be prepared to spend money on upgrades if you plan to thrash it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyburge22 View Post
Hey guy's, have a question and I know everyone has their own personal preferences. This will be my first nice rig. Stuck between the axial yeti and the traxxas stampede. Would you please point out pro's and cons of each. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Can't really speak on the stampede, but I had a emaxx before my yeti. The emaxx was fun and tough as hell. That being said I sold it for a yeti and couldn't be happier. You will have to dump some money into the yeti though. I know this doesn't help a bit! Lol sorry
Steven4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Duuuuuuuude, seriously. I needed that laugh after the day I've had.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #310
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Stampede: big, dumb, nearly bulletproof. Perfect right out of the box for ham-fisted, low IQ shenanigans. It was literally designed for the lowest common denominator. Think carving a turkey with a chain saw.

Yeti: big, more fragile, requires more than a pulse to pilot. Much more capable, but not as resilient if your goals are running it into stuff at high speed. Be prepared to spend money on upgrades if you plan to thrash it.
The Yeti is more capable than the 4Pede for climbing over rocks, but I'd say it's less capable than the 4Pede for high-speed running. No matter what I did I could never get my Yeti to stop tail-hopping. Axial effed-up when they designed the Yeti with no sprung-weight over the rear axle.

I'm currently working on a Twin Hammers. I have better hopes for the Twin Hammers because it has the battery positioned over the rear axle, so there's actually some inertia for the rear suspension to anchor itself to.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote

Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Wait for a Yeti or get a Slash 4x4 Ultimate today? BIGNASTY Chit Chat 19 08-30-2014 10:54 PM
Yeti captured today im gunna crawl Axial Yeti 4 08-28-2014 08:58 PM
I drove a Yeti today. Dirt51 Axial Yeti 1 07-12-2014 08:15 PM