Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #1641
Rock Crawler

Well, I just signed up for AWCC, are any of you guys going to camp up there, or just make the trek up and down the hill for 3 days?
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #1642
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
thanks for the day guys, it was good practice for AWCC except for the oak leaves. got some good winch time in and my friend Brandon got a little taste of the scale bug.

Mike S. and Mike P. and Martin and i setup a 50 gate course that Sam ran around in 28 mins. or so for fastest time i think, awesome time for the work needed on some of the slick sections and winch lines. Martin should have results later i think.
I'll try and get them up later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Well, I just signed up for AWCC, are any of you guys going to camp up there, or just make the trek up and down the hill for 3 days?
We were trying to get a head count on how many of us were going. With night runs I'll be up there fri-sun @ the camp site
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #1643
RCC Addict

OK, I want to thank John, Brandon, Mike and Mike for helping set up and tear down. Even though this wasn't really advertised we had 12 guys come out yesterday I really didn't want to make a big deal because we're still in the planning stages of getting something regular going for the Sacramento Scale scene. Feel free to PM me with ideas for name, area other than the lake we can gtg/comp at within a 1 hour drive from Sacramento.

Ok, here are the scores from yesterday. 9 out of 12 did the coourse. Glen, Devin and there friend came to just run some trails and hang out.

1. Sam aka "que onda vato" 28.40
2. Mike/nissan_driver24 30.36
3. Brandon 1st time with a scaler 36.05
4. John/sumquack 53.01
5. Chris/brokennib 58.50
6. Mike/See65 67.00
7. Jason/jscalecrawler 76.39
8. Justin/kapp916 DNF
9. Martin/fvrr DNF

Hey Sam, mike wrote a screen name for you but I'm pretty sure you don't want me to put that up And I'm hoping what I wrote isn't offensive as I got it from a friend

After the mini 50 gate comp several of us went down towards the river for a couple hours before it started raining. See you guys next time
Old 05-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #1644
RCC Addict

Hey guys, looks like Salano county isn't too far away. Maybe a hour or so from sac.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...=1#post3117023
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #1645
Pebble Pounder

anyone goin out today?????
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1646
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
anyone goin out today?????
was out doing some scouting this morning to no avail, some areas, but very limited. working on mounting the new ramps for todays project.

you guys thinking about camping at AWCC, i talked to cisco grove today and the sites up to A-30 are pretty much reserved already. if you would like to be close to the front of the party start thinking about a reservation. there are plenty of sites in the A section available, the front one's are going first, but A-22 was available today and it's a good sized camp. i'm going up thursday night but don't have any other details figured out.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #1647
Rock Crawler

Did a little scouting today, might have found a place with some potential. Camp far west reservoir, about ten miles north of Lincoln. There are a few areas of granite just downstream of the Damn. I took a couple of quick pictures from the bridge, but they really dont do the area justice.

They good areas are downstream and to the right, I finally found and access road (Wintun Way) when I got home, I'll have to try to get down to the river sometime this week after work.
Google link:
http://maps.google.com/

9547-9599 Camp Far West Rd
Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #1648
Rock Crawler

Good looking out Chris I had thought about that spot before but wasn't sure about how to get down to it.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #1649
Relaxed !

be careful as all the property surrounding this area is private and holding an event there can fetch ya a good fine!
this area was thought of to use as the area for a qualifier but we got shut down, awesome awesome place but be cool around there!
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #1650
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post
Good looking out Chris I had thought about that spot before but wasn't sure about how to get down to it.
Looks like Wintun Way actually goes down by the river side, I have to try to head out there this week and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sococrawler View Post
be careful as all the property surrounding this area is private and holding an event there can fetch ya a good fine!
this area was thought of to use as the area for a qualifier but we got shut down, awesome awesome place but be cool around there!
Yeah, theirs a lot of private ranch land around there, and everything is pretty well posted. The area around the damn however is S.M.U.D. property, and it might be O.K. downstream on the northside, depends if the access road is gated or not. (most likely is) I guess we'll see.
There just has to be some decent alternatives within an hour of Roseville.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #1651
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
was out doing some scouting this morning to no avail, some areas, but very limited. working on mounting the new ramps for todays project.

you guys thinking about camping at AWCC, i talked to cisco grove today and the sites up to A-30 are pretty much reserved already. if you would like to be close to the front of the party start thinking about a reservation. there are plenty of sites in the A section available, the front one's are going first, but A-22 was available today and it's a good sized camp. i'm going up thursday night but don't have any other details figured out.

We need to book a spot this week. Do we need one or 2? Mike P said each spot is allowed 8 people? But not sure if it will hold 8 tents So as of now I'm guessing about 8 people 5 cars ?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #1652
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
We need to book a spot this week. Do we need one or 2? Mike P said each spot is allowed 8 people? But not sure if it will hold 8 tents So as of now I'm guessing about 8 people 5 cars ?
I just made reservations for a camp site for Friday through Sunday. The site number is A204 right across from Parker's campsite.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #1653
Rock Crawler

Nice it will be an exciting weekend.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #1654
RCC Addict

Sweet! I'm ready but going to retire the honcho and move the parts over to the truggy and finish the ftoy. Hope 1 will be ready lol
Old 06-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #1655
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Sweet! I'm ready but going to retire the honcho and move the parts over to the truggy and finish the ftoy. Hope 1 will be ready lol
Get it done soon so u can get some practice time on it before the event .
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #1656
Pebble Pounder

cut my body some more and added a back seat and finaly changed from a droop setup to a sprung steup. man i wished i did that sooner it crawls somuch better
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #1657
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post

cut my body some more and added a back seat and finaly changed from a droop setup to a sprung steup. man i wished i did that sooner it crawls somuch better
nice, wish i would have looked at your suspension saturday to see the difference, like the back seat. the woodpile looks very slick.

i'm trying to set up some gates somewhere this weekend for some practice, but don't need to keep time, maybe a trail run thru them if any one is interested. we'll see about the rain.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #1658
Rock Stacker

Is anyone going to be crawling tomoorow in saC?
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #1659
Rock Crawler

I'm down john just let us know where. I got my new winch line today this stuff is tough.

Last edited by See65; 06-03-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #1660

i am down around 10 at folsom
A.BERRYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM