Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Double J INFO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Double J INFO

Hi Fellow crawlers and (most importantly) customers.
I have a very limited amount of time to be on the net here at work and wanted to give a heads up to everyone.
I was in training Thurs & Friday (17 & 18 ) and had given my laptop to our IT people to add needed software (I was being trained on) for practice and that would assist me in other areas and why it was added to my personal computer; I still haven’t received it back yet, because our IT guy is at another location for emergency IT stuff..?? If he doesn’t show today I’ve been reassured he’ll be in on Monday.

On another note and why I haven’t been around the rest of the time.
Some know that my daughter has JRA (Junior Rumitoid arthritis - an auto immune decease) and we’ve been taking her to Children’s Hospital in Seattle and she’s been sick all week. Because of this we our selling our house, and because of other medical bills as well. So after a long deliberation we finally made the decision last week to go ahead with it, and sell.
We’ll possibly (85-90% sure) be moving to Texas this summer, because the warmer weather should help ease the JRA problems some, but not guaranteed.

This meant that we needed to “stage” our house for sale. Our aggressive realtor has taken out the home PC along with MANY other items “for now, till we find where to/or if to put them” and I’ve been fixing little things, packing up unneeded items, and getting tube/crawler projects done as well.

I will not be taking anymore tuber projects on till everything settles down, then I might take on one or two projects as time will allow.

If anyone needs any Powder coating done they need to send it in soon as I may not be able to set up the same deal as I have now. And anything other than black will take at least 2 weeks from the time I drop it at the coaters.

Storm – I went ahead and sent your stuff to the coaters and should be able to pick/ship them today.

62pyro – the Spyder B is done, but want to get approval before coating it. You’ll get pics as soon as I get my Laptop back (Monday probably) or the computer is set up again.

85- the bed is done and if you trust my judgment will get sent to PC on Monday for black and shipped on Tuesday or Wednesday. If you want Pics first you’ll have to wait till Monday.

Braceysdad – I’ve actually started yours but really do want to take my time and not rush it. But if you want it rushed I can do that.
The plan- one off scale rails made of metal so the tube can braze directly on it.

Bumper plans.

Racerrandy-TB and bumpers are done and PCed black for free for the wait.

I have a 1/6 spyder j done needing approval for PC. (sorry forgot the name as I type this)

P!nk and Halfcab the 1.9 rock racers will have to be pushed back a little more.

If I forgot anyone I apologize. I’m really in a rush at this time.

If anyone wants/needs to order a Bull (please note color. If no color is noted you’ll get black) or Trail Beater (please note on paypal long or short) through my website at www.1doublej.com. I will ship them out next week and I’ll be ordering enough chassis to sustain me through our move so there will be no disruption for these products, they will be the last on and the first off the moving truck.

With my limited time on the Work internet and trying to hurry this is what I can think of as far as projects outstanding. I also won’t be able to go through my PM’s so if you need to get a hold of me please email me at jason@1doublej.com and I’ll check those as soon as I can.

This also means I’ll be selling all of my stuff that I won’t be needing like certain parts and projects that I’ve started for myself and haven’t finished yet.

Once we are ready to move I will stop business till we are set up again, so I may not renew my start till after the move.
I will still be a vendor here as I have a lot of test projects on the board and some bigger plans for Double J Products future.

Thanks
Jason
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I hope she gets better.

BTW, welcome to Texas...soon.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Jason, great to hear from you although the news is sad and troubled. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and family. The move to Texas and warmer dryer weather should help but is easier said than done. I knew your daughter had been having heath issues and was afraid of what you have now confirmed. Thanks for the update..........Storm
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Default Hang in bro!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Jason.
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
Adilynsdad too!

Jason, I realized you have started on mine.

I can also appreciate your family problems. Family always comes first!

For now keep the money I paid but do not proceed with the build.

Once things get normal and if all is well we can then proceed.

If not well then consider it an early Christmas gift...

With the sickness I'm sure you guys can use the money way more than I can use the crawler...

Besides, what the heck am I'm gonna do with another crawler anyway???

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Jones

Last edited by braceysdad; 04-25-2008 at 10:20 PM.
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
J

Once things get normal and if all is well we can then proceed.

If not well then consider it an early Christmas gift...

With the sickness I'm sure you guys can use the money way more than I can use the crawler...

Besides, what the heck am I'm gonna do with another crawler anyway???
Same here J. Whenever and if ever is cool with me.

I will need my axles and trans back when you get a chance

pm or email.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Donkey Punch Champion!

BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Please let me know the status of my axles. I shipped out 2 maxx diffs, revo shafts and revo knuckles and you are making straight axles with them. I'd like to receive them before you move please.
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Jason,
Don't worry about mine either...I have too much sheat as it is...

We can discuss when things get in order.

Take the time to spend with your daughter and family.

John
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Good luck w/ everything, Jason.

I sent you an email about my purchase of a Da Bull chassis, PayPal payment already made on 4/22. Looks like you'll be shipping it out this week sometime. Thanks!
Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

hey thanks double J, just go ahead and send the bed after it gets back from the coaters, I can make sliders, and dont worry about the links and keep the clod body as a gift....I can take care of the rest just send my clod cab, chassis, and clodstall chassis back......much thanks and hope all goes well for you and your family...(in my prayers)

Dennis Stathem
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
Old guy

Jason,
Don't worry about that trail beater, keep the funds we'll settle up after you move and stuff. TEAM AVERY will be praying for you and your Family. Call me if you need me.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

Jason just called me and said he would be online and able to give you guys updates in the next couple of days.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Once we are ready to move I will stop business till we are set up again, so I may not renew my star till after the move.
Jason, sorry to hear about your personal issues.

Before you renew your vendor star, please read the PM I sent to you a few weeks ago and never got a reply to, and send me a reply.

Thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

jason please pm me over on warcrc about childrens. my wife has been a consultant for them in the past and she is looking into some info for you about your situation. we are also a customer of childrens as brenden has spina bifida. for those that dont know what it is please google it. lots of info "b" is in a wheelchair for life. jason please pm me. thanks, doug
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #16
RCC Addict

J I talk to you more than others on here and you know where I stand on the time issues you have, so take your time and don't worry about mine either, the little one needs your time more than I need a another crawler our prayers are with the little one, by the way got the bull going and the super secret rig is still working good
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Jj,
My heart is out to you and your family.
To help you free up some time, you dont need to do my project. You can just refund me for the tuber chassis I orderd.
Thanks, Da Hermit(formerly kumufish)
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

I really just wish he would finish my axles and send them off to me. I sent him parts so he could make me axles, so I am out of those parts too and the money I paid him. I have this rock crawler here just sitting without diffs, axle shafts and knuckles and it is worthless to me now and I resent it every time I look at it. I am beginning to think I will never get what I paid for, plus lose what I sent in to him.

Last edited by mattnin; 05-31-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Another thing too...

I know a lot of people here are sticking up for this guy, but he seems perfectly fine to take peoples money and make false promises. I know he is having hardships, but so do a lot of people here, but they aren't scamming people out of their money like this guy is. This guy does not have my sympathy. People like this ruin the sport as I am sitting here looking at this unfinished rock crawler that is worthless to me now. All the people that are sticking up for him, how would it feel if you had worthless equipment now because Double J made it that way?

I guess I have to go out and buy all the parts I sent to this guy all over again right?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:43 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

BOOO HOOO. You do not have my sympathy. I guess you don't understand what it means to be a man. FAMILY FIRST NO MATTER WHAT. That is rule #1. He is not scamming you. Scammers rip you off intentionally, this is beyond his control. After he gets his family taken care of he will probably bend over backwards to make things right with everybody.Even you, moron. His kids life is at stake and you are worried about your toy truck?????????

Last edited by fatbastard; 06-01-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: I can't think of enough bad sh!t to wish on you
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote