Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Something to think about

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #61
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Actually, my first meeting with a loan officer, she used a lot of words that I had never heard before....but instead of just shaking my head and then signing my name, I told them I'd think about it, headed straight to the bookstore grabbed a large coffee and a copy of Mortgages for Dummies and read the entire damn thing. Then, I knew a LOT more and I didn't get in over my head. I knew the loan that I wanted and searched until I found it. I am no financial genius....just had a bit of common sense and knew when I was over my head...and searched for help.

I mean seriously, when a loan is called "Adjustable Rate" can someone seriously think that the rate will go down?!?!
And the truth is that there are not nearly enough people who do that.

In this day and age its harder to feel sorry for people who "didn't know" something. So much information is easily obtained. At the same time, years ago a lot more decisions were made in good faith and trust, and sadly you just can't do that any more.

And yeah, adjustable rates. House rules, house odds. Not hard to figure that one out.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
And the truth is that there are not nearly enough people who do that.
Agreed. And that's why I said that the majority of the blame lays in the lap of the "user"....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #63
Suck it up!

Quote:
Agreed. And that's why I said that the majority of the blame lays in the lap of the "user"....
Yeah, but some of that is just plain old ignorance, not laziness, and some of it is naivete.

And it still takes two to tango. People can't hand over money they don't have without someone willing to take it from them.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And it still takes two to tango.
Yep, agreed. I never said that the banks werent doing harm to the system....
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #65
Suck it up!

Quote:
Yep, agreed. I never said that the banks werent doing harm to the system....
But you never not said that either.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But you never not said that either.
I've not said a lot of things in my life.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Arent you all glad we live in a nation that we can argue about this stuff. No mater how bad it is, we will never have a dictator, or a government that doesnt get out of power.

We can all agree that there are things that are not right with the system and things that we want to change. Well all you have to do is elect the proper candidate and things go your way.

Now there is always going to be someone who isnt happy, but thats a good thing. If we are all content with where we are, then we can never move forward.

Im proud to live in the land of the free.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #68
Suck it up!

Quote:
I've not said a lot of things in my life.
And I've never not said things I never should have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by major94 View Post
Arent you all glad we live in a nation that we can argue about this stuff. No mater how bad it is, we will never have a dictator, or a government that doesnt get out of power.

We can all agree that there are things that are not right with the system and things that we want to change. Well all you have to do is elect the proper candidate and things go your way.

Now there is always going to be someone who isnt happy, but thats a good thing. If we are all content with where we are, then we can never move forward.

Hooray for free speech.

Electing the proper candidates is harder than it looks. We just kinda have to do the best with what we've got.

Complacency is death. If everyone is happy, you're doing something wrong.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

If everyone is happy, you're doing something wrong.

What a horrible notion to live by...
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, I got the jokes. The pic Ricky put up was pretty funny actually. The McD's joke, not so much.

I don't agree with everything Obama is doing either, but its not hard to pick out those that are on the right because they're always spouting the same shit. Its old. Its tiring.

The wealth should be redistributed. The top 1% wealthiest people in this country hold a disproportionate amount of the money. The middle class is dwindling, the lower class is struggling. The economy sucks because people aren't buying anything because they don't have either the money or the credit. Letting billionaires and corporations keep their trillions in profits each year isn't helping anybody. The trickle down theory is a giant Ponzi scheme. Keep them from going overseas, make them hire American workers, and tax the bastards.

You want the economy back up and running, give the power to the people who buy shit, not to those who make the shit to buy. With demand will come supply, and with that, jobs for those that need them.

Well then what happens when the money runs out?
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by major94 View Post

However, if the "Net Nuetrality Act" passes, someone else (your government) will have the power to decide what you can or cannot see on the net.
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #72
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
What a horrible notion to live by...
Not really. You can't make everyone happy and it's pointless to try. All you can do is what is best for the common good and leave it at that. If everyone claimed to be happy, then they're either lying to you, or have been so oppressed that they see anything above the status quo as a godsend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarly Nerd View Post
Well then what happens when the money runs out?
I didn't mean that they should be stripped down to their skivvies and moved to a trailer park in rural Alabama. I'm saying that pooling a large amount of money around a small group of people hurts the economy.

This nations top two wealthiest people are also the top two for charitable contributions. As of a couple years ago, Bill Gates returns about 30% of his wealth back to the community, and Warren Buffet returns roughly 4%. After that, the percentage drops sharply to 1% and less. Keep in mind that the 400 wealthiest people in America are all billionaires.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 03-05-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Not really. You can't make everyone happy and it's pointless to try.

Yet you are making points for a redistribution of wealth, which in turn is supposed to make more people happy??

Youre overanalyzing happiness. Its much much simpler for a lot of people.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 03-05-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #74
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Youre looking waaay too deep into what true happyness is. Its much much simpler for a lot of people.
I completely agree, but when the shit hits the fan, the people with the greatest available resources need to step up and do something.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #75
dnf

Quote:
Not really. You can't make everyone happy and it's pointless to try. All you can do is what is best for the common good and leave it at that. If everyone claimed to be happy, then they're either lying to you, or have been so oppressed that they see anything above the status quo as a godsend.

I didn't mean that they should be stripped down to their skivvies and moved to a trailer park in rural Alabama. I'm saying that pooling a large amount of money around a small group of people hurts the economy.

This nations top two wealthiest people are also the top two for charitable contributions. As of a couple years ago, Bill Gates returns about 30% of his wealth back to the community, and Warren Buffet returns roughly 4%. After that, the percentage drops sharply to 1% and less. Keep in mind that the 400 wealthiest people in America are all billionaires.
There are people from all income levels who feel the need to donate.
It shouldnt be expected from the weathy,simply cuz they are wealthy.
Some people have other plans/priorities.It dopesnt matter thier income level.

The top 1% pay over 39% of the nations tax burden already.
Just what % would we have to steel from them before they have paid fair share,and then wont be taxed a penny more?

My boss averages arond 500,000 a yr.
That deosnt mean ha has more money laying around than me or you.
His house payment is more,and his utilities,property taxes,auto payments/ins.
Cost of living comfortably is more aswell.
I can get by on whataburger,he likes steak and seafood,ect.

His cost is more than mine across the board,now tax him more,and what have you done?
His monthly expenses are stil more than mine,so his likelyhood of handing out bonuses is slim,pay raises are less likey,his ability to advertise is limited,his profit goes down,and his risk is the same.people who risk more should profit more IMO.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I completely agree, but when the shit hits the fan, the people with the greatest available resources need to step up and do something.

If the tone of the replies in this thread arent enough of a eye opener to just how bad off societies mindest is, IDK what it is.

Which brings us full circle back to my first post in this thread, you should know better, you wont get anywhere.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #77
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
There are people from all income levels who feel the need to donate.
It shouldnt be expected from the weathy,simply cuz they are wealthy.
Some people have other plans/priorities.It dopesnt matter thier income level.

The top 1% pay over 39% of the nations tax burden already.
Just what % would we have to steel from them before they have paid fair share,and then wont be taxed a penny more?

My boss averages arond 500,000 a yr.
That deosnt mean ha has more money laying around than me or you.
His house payment is more,and his utilities,property taxes,auto payments/ins.
Cost of living comfortably is more aswell.
I can get by on whataburger,he likes steak and seafood,ect.

His cost is more than mine across the board,now tax him more,and what have you done?
His monthly expenses are stil more than mine,so his likelyhood of handing out bonuses is slim,pay raises are less likey,his ability to advertise is limited,his profit goes down,and his risk is the same.people who risk more should profit more IMO.
But that is his choice. Just because he makes more money that you does not mean he is forced to buy more expensive stuff to survive. Yes, he will have to reinvest if he owns a business and wants to remain competitive, but not everyone who makes large amounts of money owns businesses. Their overhead is their lifestyle in which want overrides need. They won't die without their Ferraris and their yachts and their private islands.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #78
dnf

Quote:
But that is his choice. Just because he makes more money that you does not mean he is forced to buy more expensive stuff to survive. Yes, he will have to reinvest if he owns a business and wants to remain competitive, but not everyone who makes large amounts of money owns businesses. Their overhead is their lifestyle in which want overrides need. They won't die without their Ferraris and their yachts and their private islands.

Now we arte getting back to the same place

what you need,and what I need,and what the guys next door needs are not the same.

Why risk your money by investing,if you are not going to harvest and enjoy the rewards it offers?

Why is it ok for one person to decide4 if another person has too much money,or thier boat is to big?

Thats is not the kind of country I want for my children,I want them to be able to live,and have the freedomw to purchace whatever they want f they work hard for it.A race car,a yacht,a condo,it doesnt matter and its no one elses buisness.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Im loving the assumption that billionaires finance stuff...lol
Old 03-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Now we arte getting back to the same place

what you want,and what I want,and what the guys next door wants are not the same.

Why risk your money by investing,if you are not going to harvest and enjoy the rewards it offers?

Why is it ok for one person to decide4 if another person has too much money,or thier boat is to big?

Thats is not the kind of country I want for my children,I want them to be able to live,and have the freedomw to purchace whatever they want f they work hard for it.A race car,a yacht,a condo,it doesnt matter and its no one elses buisness.

Fixed...