Notices

Thread: Something to think about

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #81
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Now we arte getting back to the same place

what you need,and what I need,and what the guys next door needs are not the same.

Why risk your money by investing,if you are not going to harvest and enjoy the rewards it offers?

Why is it ok for one person to decide4 if another person has too much money,or thier boat is to big?

Thats is not the kind of country I want for my children,I want them to be able to live,and have the freedomw to purchace whatever they want f they work hard for it.A race car,a yacht,a condo,it doesnt matter and its no one elses buisness.
I know, we've been here before haven't we?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Now that is some funny shit
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #83
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I know, we've been here before haven't we?

Yeah,that was along night

hey duuude,its came to my attention that you have more rc's than you really need.

I think its only fair that we steel a rc from you,a tax
we will give that rc to a person who cant afford a rc of thier own,

Please pm me for the address to send this truck
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #84
Suck it up!

Quote:
hey duuude,its came to my attention that you have more rc's than you really need.

Trust me, giving that rig (or whats left of it) would be of no benefit to anyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #85
dnf

Quote:
its the same thing as deciding a richer person has too many toys,or to large a house.

Next thing you know,after the rich are broke,they will be wanting to redistribut your accumulated weath and acets too.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #86
Suck it up!

Quote:
its the same thing as deciding a richer person has too many toys,or to large a house.

Next thing you know,after the rich are broke,they will be wanting to redistribut your accumulated weath and acets too.
I think you and several other people are truly missing the point on who I'm talking about.

There is no grudge held against those that are successful and wealthy just because they are successful and wealthy. Being able to accomplish that is one of the great things about this country, and I say more power to them.

My focus is on hard core capitalists, those who do nothing more than move money around with the goal of making more for themselves. You can only prosper at that if you blind yourself to the human element and let numbers sway your decisions, and there are some very, very prosperous capitalists (Enron was one). That usually means that somewhere in the world, somebody is getting screwed out of something so that someone else can make a buck. One capitalist with lots of money and little ethics can (and will) bring down small countries for no other reason than to expand their bank account.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #87
Suck it up!

Here's one of the people I'm talking about. Yeah, the link goes to Bill Clintons online diary/blog thingy, but its the shortest read I could find that actually has usable information in it.

http://billclintondailydiary.blogspo...p-and-tax.html

After further reading, I found out that Mr Darts tax evasion prompted Congress to pass a law in 1996 to prevent all the other million and billionaires from fleeing the country and avoiding paying their taxes.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 03-05-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here's one of the people I'm talking about. Yeah, the link goes to Bill Clintons online diary/blog thingy, but its the shortest read I could find that actually has usable information in it.

http://billclintondailydiary.blogspo...p-and-tax.html
You just opened yourself up so big with that one.

The things that went through my head thinking about what is in Bill Clinton's daily diary...........

Rock Hard is right though, we all live way beyond our needs. Even the poorest in our country is wealthier than over 90% of the rest of the world. We have people claiming to be poor that weigh in excess of 300 pounds, drive new cars, and have the latest clothes and electronics.

We in this country have no clue what poor is and redistribution in a wealthy country like ours is a farce.

I have seen and been with the truly poor and downtrodden and no one in this country fits the bill. Even our homeless are better off than most.

I think people should give of themselves, but never by force.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #89
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
You just opened yourself up so big with that one.
Yeah I know, I really had to put some thought into whether or not to find a different web page to link to, but like I said, it was a short read and gets to the point pretty quickly. There is actually a lot of news on that Dart guy. Got his fingers in many many pies. And don't think the last bit of Clintons blog was a joke...Dart is on the board of directors of at least 2 different neuroscience companies.

And for those saying we need to ease up on corporate taxes, check this out...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1989...te-tax-evaders
Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #90
dnf

Quote:
I think you and several other people are truly missing the point on who I'm talking about.

There is no grudge held against those that are successful and wealthy just because they are successful and wealthy. Being able to accomplish that is one of the great things about this country, and I say more power to them.

My focus is on hard core capitalists, those who do nothing more than move money around with the goal of making more for themselves. You can only prosper at that if you blind yourself to the human element and let numbers sway your decisions, and there are some very, very prosperous capitalists (Enron was one). That usually means that somewhere in the world, somebody is getting screwed out of something so that someone else can make a buck. One capitalist with lots of money and little ethics can (and will) bring down small countries for no other reason than to expand their bank account.
So just cuz there is a person making money in a way that in your mind is unethical,they all should have to pay up?

Look,a criminal with no money and little ethics can distroy family after family,with no reason other than thier own material needs.

Those tyopes are on all levels of encome,and they will use thier tools available to propser.

Just becouse a person is making huge gains in a market,does not mean they are unethcal,or that they have made that money in a unethcal way.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah,that was along night

Hey Rock...could I trouble you for the specs on this truck?? That's exactly what I have been envisioning to play with...
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #92
Suck it up!

Quote:
So just cuz there is a person making money in a way that in your mind is unethical,they all should have to pay up?

Look,a criminal with no money and little ethics can distroy family after family,with no reason other than thier own material needs.

Those tyopes are on all levels of encome,and they will use thier tools available to propser.

Just becouse a person is making huge gains in a market,does not mean they are unethcal,or that they have made that money in a unethcal way.
Really, you don't think what that guy does is unethical? Raping poor countries of their assets, plunging them even further into the economic shithole they were already in, just so he can make a profit is a good thing to you?

Comparing this guy to a common criminal is like comparing an atomic bomb to a bb.

Read up on this guy and see how he does business. He is not well liked across the globe for a reason.

I'm also not lumping every rich person in with him.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #93
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarly Nerd View Post
Hey Rock...could I trouble you for the specs on this truck?? That's exactly what I have been envisioning to play with...
Thats my old super. Its now residing in pieces somewhere in a cardboard box in the garage. There's more pics in my profile.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:

The problem is'nt as simple as companies or individuals making vast profits in an unethical manner or not. It's rampant speculation and manipulation by hedge funds, banks and hoaders. For example, a hedge fund in London recently purchased 10% of the worlds cocoa supply and warehoused it, in order to escalate the price by causing a shortage, then sold for a huge profit, this is only one of many such practices, the major speculators on the worlds stock markets use super fast computers that buy and sell huge ammounts of stock in a split second, the average day traders and casual players don't stand a chance anymore.
One of the more ominous problems, seems to be that some corporations and financial institutions are favoured by TPTB above others, when it comes to regulation and scrutiny, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, to name a few, have both been caught red handed numerous times, found guilty and fined for laundering Mexican Drug Cartel funds, and when the bail out of the 'too big to fail' companies took place, certain businesses were abandoned in favour of others without a reasonable explaination.
Ask yourself, how can an average person become a member of the house or senate, and within a few years be worth millions, on just their salary alone.
For regular folk who have no insight into the 'closed door' dealings of the lobbyists and huge campaign contributers who donate incredible figures by proxy, to avoid the legal channels, think everything is above board and done the proper way to benefit the citizens, when that's further from the truth than people can imagine.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #95
I'm a stupid C U N T!

The only way to make people equal is to make them equally miserable. It's not a joke it, its a sad fact.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #96
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
The problem is'nt as simple as companies or individuals making vast profits in an unethical manner or not. It's rampant speculation and manipulation by hedge funds, banks and hoaders. For example, a hedge fund in London recently purchased 10% of the worlds cocoa supply and warehoused it, in order to escalate the price by causing a shortage, then sold for a huge profit, this is only one of many such practices, the major speculators on the worlds stock markets use super fast computers that buy and sell huge ammounts of stock in a split second, the average day traders and casual players don't stand a chance anymore.
One of the more ominous problems, seems to be that some corporations and financial institutions are favoured by TPTB above others, when it comes to regulation and scrutiny, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, to name a few, have both been caught red handed numerous times, found guilty and fined for laundering Mexican Drug Cartel funds, and when the bail out of the 'too big to fail' companies took place, certain businesses were abandoned in favour of others without a reasonable explaination.
Ask yourself, how can an average person become a member of the house or senate, and within a few years be worth millions, on just their salary alone.
For regular folk who have no insight into the 'closed door' dealings of the lobbyists and huge campaign contributers who donate incredible figures by proxy, to avoid the legal channels, think everything is above board and done the proper way to benefit the citizens, when that's further from the truth than people can imagine.
The issue is taxes,and rather or not the top 1% of wage earners should have to pay more of thier earings in taxes.

The way that these people earn thier money is a different issue alltogether.
If some eanr thier money in a unethical manner,or illegal manner.That is still no reason to tax the top earners more than they are currently taxed,so others can have thier benifits.

I myself dont think any company,or industry is to big to fail.My tax dollars should not be spent to bail out anycompany or bank or industry.

Let them file chapter 11 or 13 and let the market place work itslef out like ot was intended to do,its when goverment gets involved in buisness affairs that crap goes down hill.

I also dont think its "ethical" for some members of our society to recieve benifits that are provided from the money stolen by way of taxation from other members of our society.
IMO such benifits are simply masked ways of buying votes from ceretain groups

Last edited by rock hard; 03-06-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #97
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
The only way to make people equal is to make them equally miserable. It's not a joke it, its a sad fact.
Agreed. But we aren't talking about equality.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #98
RCC Addict

I don't think anyone here is justifying unethical and immoral business practices. After all, it's really separate from this discussion in relation to taxes.

I did not and do not support bail outs and special treatment. I also don't support subsidizing failing businesses. Any business should be able so survive the market on it's on merits, no artificially bolstered via tax loop holes and subsidizing. Take Amtrak as an example, I love trains, but Amtrak needs to stand on it's own or go away. It is especially irritating as many of the subsidized companies only really benefit those in the northeast yet take money away from all of us.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #99
Release your anger..

I don't know how I missed this the first time:

Quote:
I remember way back when, W did something stupid and his acceptance was way way down, Limbaugh said something like "he is our president, whether we like him or not, as Americans we should stand and support him".
Interesting comment. Yet I remembered something:

At the end of the line, Bush earned a nice fortune from the oil gouging.
As for the rest of us, we "contributed" the $700+ Billion bailout, and he essentially destroyed the political party that supported him.

Wouldn't you agree that in hindsight those who stood by him were stupid to do so? Doesn't this sound familiar ?
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #100
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
At the end of the line, Bush earned a nice fortune from the oil gouging.
As for the rest of us, we "contributed" the $700+ Billion bailout, and he essentially destroyed the political party that supported him.

Wouldn't you agree that in hindsight those who stood by him were stupid to do so? Doesn't this sound familiar ?
There were a lot of people that supported Bush publicly that are/were douchebags. I think you'll find those people no matter who is occupying the oval office. Though his seemed to be a special breed...and they all seemed to come out pretty well off at the end.

He certainly didn't do the GOP any favors. Ask Dez and he'll say Bush isn't a real Conservative. I wouldn't want to claim him either.

I'm guessing that last comment was directed at me and my supposed support for Obama. I'm neither here nor there with him at the momenet. I'm just tired of hearing everyone place all of our problems, past and present, on his shoulders, and the far-right who act like we elected the anti-Christ and that we're just two two steps from hellfire and eternal damnation. I don't care who is in office, thats an incredibly stupid and childish stance to take.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 03-09-2011 at 07:00 AM.