Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Something to think about

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #101
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

I'm guessing that last comment was directed at me and my supposed support for Obama. I'm neither here nor there with him at the momenet. I'm just tired of hearing everyone place all of our problems, past and present, on his shoulders, and the far-right who act like we elected the anti-Christ and that we're just two two steps from hellfire and eternal damnation. I don't care who is in office, thats an incredibly stupid and childish stance to take.

Uh... I was going for the recurring theme of leaders abusing public office for personal gain, high gas prices before election year, and eventual oblivion.
I recently was theorizing the right is at war because the nightmares and frustrations of the previous administration is still haunting them.. except this time it isn't one of their own.

So much for the razor sharp famous Duuuuuuuuuuude wit.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #102
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Uh... I was going for the recurring theme of leaders abusing public office for personal gain, high gas prices before election year, and eventual oblivion.
I recently was theorizing the right is at war because the nightmares and frustrations of the previous administration is still haunting them.. except this time it isn't one of their own.

So much for the razor sharp famous Duuuuuuuuuuude wit.
Its early. My brain doesn't fully come on line until sometime around 10 a.m.

But yeah, you've got a point. The buddy system was clearly at work there.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I'm just tired of hearing everyone place all of our problems, past and present, on his shoulders, and the far-right who act like we elected the anti-Christ and that we're just two two steps from hellfire and eternal damnation.
Agreed.....the blame DOESN'T rest on one person's shoulders. I think that most people are pointing their fingers at him for retaliation from the same thing happening to his predecessor.

IMO, it doesn't seem like Obama has learned anything from Bush. We seem to be headed down the EXACT same path with Libya as we were with Iraq. I certainly hope the US does nothing more than force the UN to make a decision on this subject, rather than just sit on their thumbs and spin....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Bush screwed up, that is the truth. Thing is, he is gone and Obama is here now. Obama is screwing up even worse, which is my issue. I have to take issue with him and the others in power now. Clinton screwed up too, but again, he is gone.

Obama has been a train wreck on every single level. His domestic policy has done nothing to help the current situation. His foreign policy is lackluster and wreaks of naivety and inexperience to say the least. Irrelevant of the past the present rests on his shoulders and nothing I can see him doing his pushing us in a good direction. The only major accomplishment he has is pushing a massive healthcare bill which is opposed my the majority of Americans and has nothing in it to fix major issues facing healthcare in this country. The worst thing is that so many who voted for it and Obama himself are clueless as to much of what it actually does.

I don't like McCain but completely distrusted Obama and saw his intentions and inexperience as a major issue. Had Hillary gotten the nomination I would have voted for her over McCain.

In reality though I am a person who leans heavily libertarian and wants whole lot less government. I also want our military brought home from all foreign places and used to protect our borders, ports, and other points of entry. I want us out of the UN and to stop funding them in any way. I want them moved off US soil and the building sold.

I support treaties which leave powers still to their respective governments in the end. Treaties have to serve the respective members equally or they should be gotten out of. The UN is a quasi governmental entity seeking more and more power and sees itself as the worlds government. This does not work for me as they cannot have our interests in mind while protecting everyone else's interests as well. The fact is the UN is a farce which can be seen simply be looking at who is on the UN human rights panel (they just now decided Libya may need to be removed from this panel, geez, who would have thought?)

Last edited by TexasSP; 03-09-2011 at 08:45 AM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #105
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Agreed.....the blame DOESN'T rest on one person's shoulders. I think that most people are pointing their fingers at him for retaliation from the same thing happening to his predecessor.

IMO, it doesn't seem like Obama has learned anything from Bush. We seem to be headed down the EXACT same path with Libya as we were with Iraq. I certainly hope the US does nothing more than force the UN to make a decision on this subject, rather than just sit on their thumbs and spin....
I think a lot of people will throw blame on the Pres, no matter who he is, it just comes with the job. And a lot of people have it in their head that the Pres is like a king who can just do whatever. He can't. It doesn't work that way. If he wants something done he's got to appease everyone who will have a vote in making it come to life.

We don't need to get involved in Libya any more than we are now. We've done enough work, its time for someone else to step in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Bush screwed up, that is the truth. Thing is, he is gone and Obama is here now. Obama is screwing up even worse, which is my issue. I have to take issue with him and the others in power now. Clinton screwed up too, but again, he is gone.
Which is why there is not enough money in the world to make me want their job. You may not agree with the person, but you gotta respect their position and the decisions they've got to make.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote