Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #801
Suck it up!

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I agree. But it's not always cut and dry which is why I answer I don't know.

What if they were using your wife or child as a hostage and were threatening them?

Again, one can speculate what they would or wouldn't do. But no one knows for sure.
Agreed, there are a ton of varying circumstances that could change that outcome in my example. But in simple terms, just down to you and me, I think we would both make the same choice.

We don't know what went on between Adam and his mother yet, we can only assume. Since no one else was found dead or injured near her location, it seems that it was just him and her.

If he had reasonable access to her firearms, and he truly did have mental issues, then some responsibility of this mess is on her.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-25-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #802
Suck it up!

Went and checked several sources...Adam Lanzas mother was found dead, shot in the head with her own gun, in her sleep.

So...there was no fight, no argument. He had free access to a weapon she owned and used it on her. Then took the remainder of her legally purchased firearms and used them to slaughter a bunch of innocent kids.

In short, a person with known developmental disorders had free access to firearms. This is the root of the problem.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-25-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #803
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Ok, but you said it's somehow the homeowners fault if their guns aren't locked in a cabinet, but the house is entirely locked up and someone breaks in... Shouldn't the fault be placed on the burglar?!
of course the burglar is guilty..but
how fawking hard is it to lock up your guns when not home?..jeezus..is it that big a deal?..does doing that it infringe on your rights..really?....how many leave a gun in the glove box..heard a few mention it, how easy that is to steel..have as many guns as you want just take some care..that is all
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #804
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
you can lock your guns in the best safe on the market and if I have an unlimited amount of time, I can get in it. My guns are locked in a safe, wedged in a closet... Give me a demo saw and 20 mins and I can have them all out if I don't care about damages.

All locking your stuff up does is slow a criminal. A safe is like a deadbolt, you use it as a deter-ant to the undetermined.
i agree i worked for 10 years manufacturing security devices and they are a deterent..one that in most cases works..most criminals are not wanting to spend the time when there are easier scores to be had, but nothing is breakproof
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #805

Gun violence has dropped 50% in the last 10 years the media won't tell America that cause they wouldn't support guns if we had no gun violence the politicians want us to have no guns so they can do as they please America has 80% of all civilian guns in the world that put us as citizens the greatest power in the history of mankind all the military forces together wouldn't match the people we have armed do we really want to give up our greatest power I think not.
Kayne184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #806
Scale Detail Engineering

yeah.
I just imagine most people who steal guns (especially in Chicago) don't posses the knowledge or tools to break into a quality safe... crack heads, gang bangers and morons.

Last edited by johnnyh66; 01-25-2013 at 07:00 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #807
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayne184 View Post
Gun violence has dropped 50% in the last 10 years the media won't tell America that cause they wouldn't support guns if we had no gun violence the politicians want us to have no guns so they can do as they please America has 80% of all civilian guns in the world that put us as citizens the greatest power in the history of mankind all the military forces together wouldn't match the people we have armed do we really want to give up our greatest power I think not.
For gods sake man, use some fawkin' punctuation when you type.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #808
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
of course the burglar is guilty..but
how fawking hard is it to lock up your guns when not home?..jeezus..is it that big a deal?..does doing that it infringe on your rights..really?....how many leave a gun in the glove box..heard a few mention it, how easy that is to steel..have as many guns as you want just take some care..that is all
There is a real easy way to prevent a lot of guns from being left inside of cars.Do away with GUN FREE ZONES. Enough said.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #809
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
There is a real easy way to prevent a lot of guns from being left inside of cars.Do away with GUN FREE ZONES. Enough said.
fair enough but its not going to happen
its nice to talk about the way things used to be, or the way things should be but im talking current realities

Last edited by vonclod; 01-25-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #810
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
fair enough but its not going to happen
its nice to talk about the way things used to be, or the way things should be but im talking current realities
Its truly the only way unless all the legal CCW permit holders illegally carry in gun free zones like the criminals do.
While on the subject of guns in cars,anyone who wants to steal a AR-15 just needs to brake the window out of a park rangers car or pop the trunk on a police officers car to grab a shotgun.All the park rangers in our are do keep a AR-15 in the front of there cars and the cops do keep shotguns either in the trunk or in the front.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #811
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Went and checked several sources...Adam Lanzas mother was found dead, shot in the head with her own gun, in her sleep.

So...there was no fight, no argument. He had free access to a weapon she owned and used it on her. Then took the remainder of her legally purchased firearms and used them to slaughter a bunch of innocent kids.

In short, a person with known developmental disorders had free access to firearms. This is the root of the problem.
She may of had them locked up. Lanza was an adult he could have known the combination, knew where the combination was written down or knew where the keys were. He could have broke into where the firearms were stored while his mother slept also. Who knows.

Growing up I knew where the keys were and what the combination was. Even if I did not know either I could have found them eventually.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #812
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
She may of had them locked up. Lanza was an adult he could have known the combination, knew where the combination was written down or knew where the keys were. He could have broke into where the firearms were stored while his mother slept also. Who knows.

Growing up I knew where the keys were and what the combination was. Even if I did not know either I could have found them eventually.
She may have. She may have even given him the combination at some point, or the key, or whatever. Doesn't really matter. Knowing that he had behavioral issues she should have been that much more careful. It comes down to a serious lack of responsibility on her part.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #813
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Its truly the only way unless all the legal CCW permit holders illegally carry in gun free zones like the criminals do.
While on the subject of guns in cars,anyone who wants to steal a AR-15 just needs to brake the window out of a park rangers car or pop the trunk on a police officers car to grab a shotgun.All the park rangers in our are do keep a AR-15 in the front of there cars and the cops do keep shotguns either in the trunk or in the front.
They have done that in Chicago a few times this summer. The one time they carjacked a MARKED squad. Talk brazen...
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #814
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
She may have. She may have even given him the combination at some point, or the key, or whatever. Doesn't really matter. Knowing that he had behavioral issues she should have been that much more careful. It comes down to a serious lack of responsibility on her part.
Must feel nice to point the finger at other peoples "lack of responsibility".
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #815
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Must feel nice to point the finger at other peoples "lack of responsibility".
Then who is ultimately responsible? The person with mental issues that were beyond his control, or the person that in one way or the other allowed him access to firearms?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #816
Yashua

That my friend is a dangerous conception, to think that we as citizens would be able to set the goverment back on there heels is,,,,,, well,,,,,,,assinine.
The constitution is the final word, if, and thats a big word, IF, the goverment decided to confiscate everyone's guns, the only logical and sensible thing to do would be to tell them, No , you cannot have my guns, they will arrest me and I will sue the goverment for violating my constitutional rights as the constitution enables use to do.
IF, that word again, if it ever comes to that, revolution will not work like it did a couple century's ago. What would need to happen is everyone who owns a weapon should be of the same mind in order to put the goverment in it's place, under our feet, through the constitution and the courts.
To fire upon the goverment would be a futile and deadly action.
We the people, employer of the goverment, has the final say, if we have the huevo's to do so.
Some times I wonder if there are enough sensible, patriotic Americans any more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayne184 View Post
all the military forces together wouldn't match the people we have armed .

Last edited by CREEPERBOB; 01-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #817
Yashua

A free man (and a live man) lives to fight another day .
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #818
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
Some times I wonder if there are enough sinsible, patriotic Americans any more .
if things collapse i highly doubt it..i picture more or less an episode of walking dead..gonna be way to many chiefs and not enough indians, guys will be killing eachother
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #819
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
That my friend is a dangerous conception, to think that we as citizens would be able to set the goverment back on there heels is,,,,,, well,,,,,,,assinine.
The constitution is the final word, if, and thats a big word, IF, the goverment decided to confiscate everyone's guns, the only logical and sensible thing to do would be to tell them, No , you cannot have my guns, they will arrest me and I will sue the goverment for violating my constitutional rights as the constitution enables use to do.
IF, that word again, if it ever comes to that, revolution will not work like it did a couple century's ago. What would need to happen is everyone who owns a weapon should be of the same mind in order to put the goverment in it's place, under our feet, through the constitution and the courts.
To fire upon the goverment would be a futile and deadly action.
We the people, employer of the goverment, has the final say, if we have the huevo's to do so.
Some times I wonder if there are enough sensible, patriotic Americans any more .
While I only own a .22 pistol, and recently at that. I have thought over and over if the authorities actually knocked on my door demanding my gun, would I give it up or not. I thought if I'd go to jail for saying no was worth it. I certainly know I couldn't handle jail, mentally or physically(despite my health). I am a true blue American, I have "Old Glory" and an American flag tattooed right on my arms. I love this Country and her flag. I cry when I hear the National Anthem. I think if, in the end, if it came down to it, I would say no. That could very much change from day to day however. I'd like to think in the face of it all, I could stand strong.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #820

He or she who owns the gun is responsible common sense.
Kayne184 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM