Notices

Thread: NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The ability to predict the future is a helluva skill.....you shouldn't waste it on this piddly little website, head to the horse track!
I wish with all my heart that i'm wrong.
Time will tell i guess.

But then i'm not the only one predicting the future, seems that some folks here seem confident that doing nothing will prevent this sort of tragedy happening again.

I guess if folk do the emu routine and bury their head deep enough in the sand and shut out the realities long enough ignorance starts to become bliss.

But hey you keep taking cheap shots at those that care enough to try and offer suggestions, that'll work
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
But hey you keep taking cheap shots at those that care enough to try and offer suggestions, that'll work
Cheap shot? Where was that?

Oh yeah, here it is:
Quote:
I guess if folk do the emu routine and bury their head deep enough in the sand and shut out the realities long enough ignorance starts to become bliss.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quoted so you cannot edit your post when the official findings are released
I wouldn't do that because, I am not a little bitch like you.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Ok I am going back on topic.
People talk about what it would cost to have armed law enforcement in schools and how some school districts could not afford it.
I am sure there are 3-4 or even more teachers in every school that would be more than willing to receive training and carry while at school.Then all the school district would be out is the training.I also think that would come in at a low cost if not free because i am sure that there would be law enforcement agencies and private training facilities that would be willing to give the training at little or no cost.
Then you run into the people saying ok the crazy people will avoid schools and shoot people somewhere else.
This is very possible but i will always stand by my belief that if enough people in this country will stand up and arm themselves shit like this will not take place.

Last edited by joesbruiser; 12-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Sandy Hook Survivor Looking to Sue Connecticut Over Shooting - The Hollywood Gossip

I'm sure it won't be the last.

Explains why they can't afford security.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #206
Quarry Creeper

I think I'd rather have some sort of LEO who's used to stepping on necks and sprinkling wooden shampoo on heads watching over my kids than some teacher with gun training.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
I think I'd rather have some sort of LEO who's used to stepping on necks and sprinkling wooden shampoo on heads watching over my kids than some teacher with gun training.
The way i look at this is that a cop is no different than anyone else with the correct training other than he has a badge.I am sure some people may disagree with me on that statement but thats the way I see it.
My brother-in-law is a city police officer and a hell of a guy.But if crap hit the fan I would rather know my Pistol smith was the one beside me.The training he has had as a civilian far exceeds what my brother-in-law has received as a cop.
Also my pistol smith's wife is a school teacher and i would not doubt her abilities to be able to carry and do what had to be done in a bad situation.

I also think just the thought of schools not being a gun free zone anymore would be a hell of a deterrent to some crazy person walking in and shooting people.Hell I have not seen any reports of idiots mass murdering folks in a police station.I do not believe it is because they are cops but the fact that there are guns inside that will be shooting back.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Sandy Hook Survivor Looking to Sue Connecticut Over Shooting - The Hollywood Gossip

Anyone wanna dispute that if this goes to court the plaintiff will claim that the school should have been more secure?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #209
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I can't begin to explain how stupid I think that is. It's no ones fault except the insecure pansy ass pos that did it. People are pathetic.

Normally I would disagree with the armed people in schools as I think it's ridiculous that school needs armed guards to be a safe place for children. However. Track record considered something has to be done.

I also find it interesting that these mass shootings never happen where you would expect. They aren't happening in gangster ass locations fueled by gang war or something crazy like that. They are in relatively quiet places places and being done primarily by someone with hurt feelings. Boggles my mind.

Last edited by street.terror; 12-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #210
Rock Crawler

Quote:

AGAIN it's basic maths at play here.
Less legal guns = Less guns for criminals to steal

I do accept that in the US that's gong to take time to filter down, but still it's the lives of your kids and your kids kids so the sooner the better

Surprised you mentioned Mexico as it's gun problem is a direct result of guns that are bought in the USA and sent over.
ATF Says Most Guns Used in Mexican Crimes Come From the US

The Mexican government have been begging for tighter gun control for years.
Did you actually read the rest of the statement or did you see the word mexico and have an overwhelming urge to find an article with slanted numbers? Once again, the factors that contribute to a shooting are much greater than the availibility of weapons.

Did you ever stop to think about other problems that contribute to gun violence in mexico? For example I watched a news article following a few young mexican men and the way they idolized the drug cartels their economic outlook was poor. So you think economics has nothing to do with gun violence.

Mexican government "begging" for tighter gun laws? That statement is plain pathetic. If this is what they want, why don't they shut down the cartels? It would be a start.
This to a normal person brings the question why does the mexican government say they want tighter gun laws, but do so little about it? But in your little fantacy world the only contributing factor to gun violence is the amount of guns so corrupt government has nothing to do with it.

I think about now the little light bulb in your brain has kicked on with the question of "well, what about the problems of in the U.S. government?" Yes, as an American I whole heartedly DISAGREE with the problems in the government such as operation "fast and furious." I brought up mexico because it proves that just because you put words on paper and call them laws it doesn't magically work. The problem with your little "Less legal guns = Less guns for criminals to steal" is criminals only listen to laws in the fantasy land you have in your head. The criminal will simply find them somewhere else, hey, maybe even buy them back from mexico.

If you take a look at this article you can see that yes guns can be traced back to the U.S. but it doesn't account for all guns in mexico, such as ones that cannot be traced.
Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth | Stratfor
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #211
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Cheap shot? Where was that?

Oh yeah, here it is:
I knew before this tragedy that there were a fair amount of fanatical gun owners in the USA, as said previous a few mates are in that lot.

What has really surprised me though was how flippant so many Americans can be about the lives that have been lost and the future welfare of all your kids.

Snide remarks, insults and bickering will not solve the problem will it.

So rather than waste time and energy taking snipes at me, a bloke that's trying to debate about the positives and negatives of having armed guards in schools, why don't you offer alternatives or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
I wouldn't do that because, I am not a little bitch like you.
Classy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Ok I am going back on topic.
People talk about what it would cost to have armed law enforcement in schools and how some school districts could not afford it.
I am sure there are 3-4 or even more teachers in every school that would be more than willing to receive training and carry while at school.Then all the school district would be out is the training.I also think that would come in at a low cost if not free because i am sure that there would be law enforcement agencies and private training facilities that would be willing to give the training at little or no cost.
Then you run into the people saying ok the crazy people will avoid schools and shoot people somewhere else.
This is very possible but i will always stand by my belief that if enough people in this country will stand up and arm themselves shit like this will not take place.
That's a good point about moving to softer targets and i think it's worth thinking about.

With the NRA's suggestion they have offered:

No solution to detecting or preventing these crazies from going on these rampages.
No solution for preventing or making it any more difficult for them to get weapons that are EXTREMELY effective at mass murder.

So the problem is still there in that these mass murdering crazies are still there and they will still be able to arm themselves extremely easily.

Putting armed guards at schools does NOTHING to solve any of these problems, and they're not going to go away on their own, for sure.

So as in the criminal world they will simply move onto the next soft target, play schools, play grounds, soccer practice, little league, kids toy shops the list goes on really.

If it continues at the rate it's going then in 15 years time America will be nothing more than a police state with armed guards at every entrance and patrolling every building that the public has access to.

It's completely illogical to think that armed guards can protect every facet of society.

So basically the only thing to do is to post armed guards at every place future mass murders take place, then sit with cross fingers hoping that the problem goes away all by itself, or the elves will come out in the night and fix everything.

Flippant remark i know, but that's how crazy it seems to me.

By not controlling the flow of arms to these crazies your basically putting the safety of your kids, grandkids and grandkids kids on nothing more that that it fixes itself.

Call me out if you want, but i see nothing in the future that will detect these crazies 100%.
So crazies like these WILL still be part of ALL our societies.

Some of you guys are suggestion doing nothing to restrict the sale or keep of guns.
So the guns will still be as easily available.

The only solution offered by the NRA is to have someone shoot at the shooter IF they attack a school again.
What about cinema's, malls etc etc etc

Do you see what i mean?
The problem is not being dealt with, it's simply being swept somewhere else, how can that be morally right?
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Agree 100%

It's ridiculous that anyone would sue the local authority, if it was to blame and it was a method of teaching them a lesson i could still not agree but at least understand.
To sue out of spite though isn't going to help anyone, the family are still missing a loved one, the school is still suffering only now they have even less money to implement new security measures or build another school.

I do think that the Mothers property should be sold off and ALL the proceeds given over to the families of the murdered kids.

I'll happily withdraw my opinion if facts come forward to change my opinion.
But the way i see it is, if she was more responsible with her guns this would have been prevented, or if not prevented a LOT less lives would have been lost.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #213
RCC Addict

Quote:

Is that what you've lowered your opinion down to, cheap playground insults and trolling

Very disappointing

Cute, now im a troll. Europeans

Im still standing beside my self how you live in some fantasy world, interesting enough this isnt the first time europeans have had some half cocked idea that didnt work with illegitimate numbers.

And again with the "blame game"..... now we are selling mothers stuff cause we blame her? Has there been some evidence that guns were just laying around? Well what is it the gun laws or the mother? I bet you are one who thinks we should be suing the gun manufacturer too?

Last edited by JokersWild; 12-31-2012 at 08:23 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
By not controlling the flow of arms to these crazies your basically putting the safety of your kids, grandkids and grandkids kids on nothing more that that it fixes itself.

Some of you guys are suggestion doing nothing to restrict the sale or keep of guns.

The only solution offered by the NRA is to have someone shoot at the shooter IF they attack a school again.

Do you see what i mean?
The problem is not being dealt with, it's simply being swept somewhere else, how can that be morally right?
I read what you are saying but restricting the sale of guns does nothing.
Do you still not understand the amount of guns we have that are not going to go away.As for America keeping this from being a on going problem Americans should stop being afraid of guns and start defending themselves.Don't rely on the government to put a armed guard every where and don't let the government rule where and were not to allow CCW.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #215
RCC Addict

Quote:
I knew before this tragedy that there were a fair amount of fanatical gun owners in the USA, as said previous a few mates are in that lot.

What has really surprised me though was how flippant so many Americans can be about the lives that have been lost and the future welfare of all your kids.

So rather than waste time and energy taking snipes at me, a bloke that's trying to debate about the positives and negatives of having armed guards in schools, why don't you offer alternatives or suggestions?

Classy

That's a good point about moving to softer targets and i think it's worth thinking about.

With the NRA's suggestion they have offered:

No solution to detecting or preventing these crazies from going on these rampages.
No solution for preventing or making it any more difficult for them to get weapons that are EXTREMELY effective at mass murder.

So the problem is still there in that these mass murdering crazies are still there and they will still be able to arm themselves extremely easily.

Putting armed guards at schools does NOTHING to solve any of these problems, and they're not going to go away on their own, for sure.

So as in the criminal world they will simply move onto the next soft target, play schools, play grounds, soccer practice, little league, kids toy shops the list goes on really.

If it continues at the rate it's going then in 15 years time America will be nothing more than a police state with armed guards at every entrance and patrolling every building that the public has access to.

It's completely illogical to think that armed guards can protect every facet of society.

So basically the only thing to do is to post armed guards at every place future mass murders take place, then sit with cross fingers hoping that the problem goes away all by itself, or the elves will come out in the night and fix everything.

Flippant remark i know, but that's how crazy it seems to me.

Call me out if you want, but i see nothing in the future that will detect these crazies 100%.
So crazies like these WILL still be part of ALL our societies.

Do you see what i mean?

I dont think you have read any of the posts...... there have been many things said pertaining to the sale of guns ie a system that is completely tied together not 3 individual systems for checking of gun sales. Also stated all safes being sold to be ran like cali with DOJ approval.

I think YOU keep bringing up that we should ban all guns..... well ok... ban all guns. Now go find another topic to save or bring something new to the table. Its the same on going with your posts..... its like talking to my ex wife............ was hott as hell but wouldnt quit talking in circles. So I traded up
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Nobody can ever see the flaws in their own remarks, can they?

Here's a suggestion.....until you have lived in this country and learned the culture first hand, why don't you keep your "suggestions" to yourself? You don't see people here trying to tell your country just how to dig itself out of the complete financial collapse that has recently been bestowed upon it, do you?

Cultures differ all over the world. What works in one part of the world, will not in another.

Quote:
I do think that the Mothers property should be sold off and ALL the proceeds given over to the families of the murdered kids.
Thankfully we live in a country where the government can not take everything a person owns, sell it and give it to others. But, of course, you already knew that since you are an expert on the goings on of this country, right?

Quote:
But the way i see it is, if she was more responsible with her guns this would have been prevented, or if not prevented a LOT less lives would have been lost.
Bullshit. It has already been proven that this kid made multiple attempts to purchase guns before he stole them from a family member. He was determined to gain access to weapons no matter what the cost was.

Last edited by JeremyH; 12-31-2012 at 09:15 PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #217
RCC Addict

@cbr6fs
Do you own a dog? If so, what breed?
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #218
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
@cbr6fs
Do you own a dog? If so, what breed?
I bet it is dumbfawkhound.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #219
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I bet it is dumbfawkhound.
Not quite where I am going with the question.

Depending on his answer, I'll try to make my point.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #220
Rock Stacker

Why is it now on the NRA to figure out a solution to mental health? Shouldn't that be the family/friends to recognize the problem(s) and try to get them help? The thing people need to get through their heads is that guns are NOT the problem, it's the people.

Since cbr6fs keeps saying the same thing over again, I'll repeat some things too. Since he stole guns, which is, in fact illegal, I don't think he would've given two shits if it was banned or not. Sure, ban guns, they're not on the streets, seems simple. Do you not have a drug problem in Greece? Cause we do here. And, if he didn't get his hands on the guns, he could've used MANY other devices to kill people.

Mental health issues aren't going to disappear when/if guns are banned, so that won't make a lick of difference in the end. The government needs to look at the real problem.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

NRA reccomends armed officers in all schools - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCHOOLS OUT!!!! Phantez Chit Chat 39 07-01-2014 08:23 PM
NRA speaks out CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 44 12-22-2012 12:23 PM
Yakima WA schools get it right Dragon51 Chit Chat 14 03-20-2012 06:58 PM
Georgia schools work the system JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 7 05-22-2008 10:33 AM
Voc. schools '83 chevy Chit Chat 16 04-27-2006 09:16 PM