Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #2462
I wanna be Dave

Walked in, Came home with me..... BUT not one single dollar came out of my wallet! Consignments are fun!
More comes tomorrow, so I’m busy this weekend!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:46 AM   #2463
I wanna be Dave

I had screwed up the RPM caster blocks and bearing carriers on my Bandit project when I drilled them for a 1/8 RC10T outter front hinge pin, So I went to order replacements from RPM as all other sources were out of stock on the carriers and finally got my order 2 weeks later, which included X-Maxx roof skids instead of the carriers. Since it was handled via Shop-A—Arron, a LHS got the order, so I called them, they didn’t have the carriers and refunded the cost of those and sent a making label to return the X-Maxx part. I ended up ordering the green Al carriers direct from Traxxas with parts for my E-Revo redo a couple hours later.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #2464
I wanna be Dave

For the twin-powered H&M Drifter Micro, the electronics and hardware have arrived from Offshore Electrics - two Seaking 60A ESCs, two Leopard 2845-2960kV motors, two TFL 55mm Stinger Struts, a 65mm center-mounted rudder, Du-Bro "Pull-Pull" system for steering (still waiting on the servo), and almost everything else (except servo, servo mount, and props) needed for the build.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:37 AM   #2465
Quarry Creeper

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #2466
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post

Oh, boy.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #2467
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Oh, boy.
Mailed everything off today, and dropped off the CLEO copy. We'll see how long the wait is this time.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #2468
RCC Addict

I guess this is worth posting. Old a/c had been in service here in Central Texas for 20yrs. It took it's last dump on a day that was 104* last week. Home warranty co wouldn't approve hvac replacement... only compressor replacement ( no surprise). I fought with 'em on this but in the end... no dice. So like any homeowner pushed to the brink... I brought in our own a/c company. Wife and I went through 4 days/ 5 nights of absolute misery... taking turns sitting in the car with the a/c running... no 110 window units to be found for temporary relief, and unable to afford 5 nights in a hotel. We actually slept in the bathroom on the ceramic tile floor lol. By the time all was said 'n done, I also wound up cancelling our home warranty contract. We're tired of being at their mercy and being forced to accept so many limitations.

This was a huge decision to make when comparing cost of compressor replacement through the home warranty company vs choosing our own a/c co and having it done right. I had no idea how bad the evap-coil was until they pulled it out... completely clogged, leaking oil, and heavily corroded. So in the end we feel we made the right move... adding value to our home and now having the piece of mind of a reliable and efficient hvac system.

Anyway... pics of the old...

And here's the new unit...

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #2469
I wanna be Dave

Ugh. Replaced one of mine last fall. No fun when it’s 110*+ in the attic. Sweating so hard you’re sliding all over your flip flops.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #2470
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ugh. Replaced one of mine last fall. No fun when it’s 110*+ in the attic. Sweating so hard you’re sliding all over your flip flops.

Man... yeah I try to stay out of my attic as much as possible. Our temps during all of this reached 93 inside the house. I can't imagine if I'd had to have gone into the attic. Luckily the evap coil/ heat exchange is in it's own little closet on the main floor.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #2471
I wanna be Dave

Coincidentally, my 3rd floor apartment had its A/C completely die during one of the recent several weeks of over 100deg heat that we've had in Austin.

Went a few days without while the complex got its sh*t together, and they finally installed it.

Teleworking can be a real pisser when you're drenched in sweat, taking IT support calls in your oven-like living room!

Here's my new baby:
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 PM   #2472
RCC Addict

Wow, durok! Yeah the heat has been hitting so hard all summer long and I think last week was about the hottest. We were feeling nauseous and I had headaches into about the 3rd-4th day. Night time temps inside were hovering around 89-90 degrees. There was literally nothing that we could do inside the house that was bearable... besides taking showers lol. Glad you got yours replaced. I really like these units.. made in Houston too which I like.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #2473
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Wow, durok! Yeah the heat has been hitting so hard all summer long and I think last week was about the hottest. We were feeling nauseous and I had headaches into about the 3rd-4th day. Night time temps inside were hovering around 89-90 degrees. There was literally nothing that we could do inside the house that was bearable... besides taking showers lol. Glad you got yours replaced. I really like these units.. made in Houston too which I like.
What brand is your new one?

Houston, huh?

They got the swamp humidity there...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #2474
RCC Addict

Same as yours. Their quality has really improved over recent years. The Goodman at our old rental unit ( 1100 sq ft) was installed in 1992 and lasted until 2016. 24 years is a damn good run here in Texas. Yep.. manufactured down in H-town.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:10 AM   #2475
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Same as yours. Their quality has really improved over recent years. The Goodman at our old rental unit ( 1100 sq ft) was installed in 1992 and lasted until 2016. 24 years is a damn good run here in Texas. Yep.. manufactured down in H-town.

All mine are Goodman. I didn’t realize they were out of Houston. Our saving factor was that we have a 2nd story and open living room. We were able to crank up the 2nd floor AC to cool the rest of the house which had it running about 22/7. Ordered from Ingram’s Water & Air Equipment online for a decent price. I did everything but sweat the copper together and charge it.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:11 AM   #2476
RCC Addict

Quote:
All mine are Goodman. I didn’t realize they were out of Houston. Our saving factor was that we have a 2nd story and open living room. We were able to crank up the 2nd floor AC to cool the rest of the house which had it running about 22/7. Ordered from Ingram’s Water & Air Equipment online for a decent price. I did everything but sweat the copper together and charge it.
I sure wish that I could've saved some money and done this job myself but there was no way... I have no experience with this type of thing. The fan/ condenser unit went in quickly/ easily but the evap coil was another story. I can understand why these guys make good money lol. Just a shame that it cost what it did. It's going to take us a while to recover financially from this one.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #2477
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I sure wish that I could've saved some money and done this job myself but there was no way... I have no experience with this type of thing. The fan/ condenser unit went in quickly/ easily but the evap coil was another story. I can understand why these guys make good money lol. Just a shame that it cost what it did. It's going to take us a while to recover financially from this one.

No doubt they earn their summer money in the south.

Plumbing the new air handler was simple since it was the exact same size just conventional and not a heat pump. I got a bundle of paracord and used the block and tackle pulley system from my deer skinning hooks to lower the old one down and hoist the new one up. Got the new one wired in and turned on the recirc fan then looked for extra holes with a lighter. Sealed those with that aluminum tape and good to go.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #2478
RCC Addict

Ordered a body, wheels, tires and printed roll cage for drift build thats coming, even though the build isn’t even close to being ready for all of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #2479
RCC Addict

Quote:
No doubt they earn their summer money in the south.

Plumbing the new air handler was simple since it was the exact same size just conventional and not a heat pump. I got a bundle of paracord and used the block and tackle pulley system from my deer skinning hooks to lower the old one down and hoist the new one up. Got the new one wired in and turned on the recirc fan then looked for extra holes with a lighter. Sealed those with that aluminum tape and good to go.

Pretty slick! Where were you last week?!?! lol. I'm just glad it's done now as we're back to remodeling our bathroom and I'm a pretty sweaty guy even with a/c running lol.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #2480
I wanna be Dave

EcoPower WP120T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM