Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Axial availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #201

Default Re: Axial availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myndefuk View Post
Why is this thread showing up in miscellaneous chitchat instead of general crawlers now? I thought it would be on fire after the tower email, but I had to google it to find it
i would assume because no tech no facts just a bunch of people speculating.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #202

and i got that tower email... a desperate move to get people to backorder an axial and try to block sales of the traxxas rig.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
and i got that tower email... a desperate move to get people to backorder an axial and try to block sales of the traxxas rig.

OMG ...... not serious are you?

Your next report will be Hobbico going bankrupt and sold to Horizon Hobby ?

Luckily Tower can sell those Traxxas rigs

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #204

am i serious that i got an email that plain as day shows axial is trying to get people to backorder their product and it just so happens to be at the same time a competitor is launching theirs?

its a fairly transparent tactic. but i assume your experience in marketing and advertising trumps mine.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial availability

Then mr marketing you're experience is eons better than mine as you claimed they are trying to block Traxxas sales

I read here "no axial , the world is falling" and now Traxxas is blocking axial existing market ?
Multi national Company bringing out a new product tells me axial does have a niche worth fighting for, I've got two Traxxas and two axial, and two other brands..... I buy what I like, not the name

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 05-22-2017 at 06:24 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Traxxas designed, built, and launched a scaler before Axial figured out how to fix their FexEd label printer?

Market saturation and all that, who cares if they aren't shipping online, you can buy one new or used at nearly every hobby shop in the county.

Or maybe no one cares? The reign of Axial is actually over?
This almost made me shed a tear for Axial's sake. I mean is it true? I guess it really happened. I saw recently on a social media group that a few people got a refund on their backorderd scx10ii just so they could put it towards a TRX-4 because they had an actual date of delivery. They're comments ranged from, "It looks like a better truck", "I did it because I'm just angry at Axial, a spiteful thing" to "The weather is getting too nice to sit inside and wait on my first RC, figured they would have been ready by now"

It's almost sad in a sense.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #207

I got the Tower email too. If it's a big enough deal that you have to announce that your product is going to be back in limited stock after MONTHS of being out of stock you got bigger issues.

It makes sense though since Axial and Tower are both owned by HobbiCo.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #208
I wanna be Dave

No tech.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Then mr marketing you're experience is eons better than mine as you claimed they are trying to block Traxxas sales

I read here "no axial , the world is falling" and now Traxxas is blocking axial existing market ?
Multi national Company bringing out a new product tells me axial does have a niche worth fighting for, I've got two Traxxas and two axial, and two other brands..... I buy what I like, not the name

Hang up and Drive
you are correct about my marketing experience.

maybe you misunderstood my post but how is traxxas blocking anything? theres nothing to block... theres a huge gaping hole in available axial products to purchase, and the strategy of hobbico/tower/axial is plain as day to see.

BACKORDER YOURS NOW OR YOU WILL MISS OUT!

has tower made any mention of the traxxas rig in their emails or hyped a preorder of them? you dont think theres a vested interest in tower to try and get people to buy an axial that doesnt even exist over a traxxas thats boxed up and pert near ready to go?
Old 05-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #210

I'll just be holding out until next week, I'v ehad mine on backorder for some time now, if my order isn't filled next week i'm going to pull the pin on it and see what the traxxas reviews are like.

Would really like the SCX10-II but only prepared to wait so long, plus we're going away shortly so if its not sent next week it wont arrive before we head off so might as well just hold onto the money.
Craggles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

Frankly, I'd have to think long and hard about it before buying another Axial product. Their lack of upfront info and snarky comments on FB and on page one here speaks volumes.

Anyway, I got Tower's email too. "Look at me! I'm still relevant!" I get it, Traxxas is sucking all the air out of the room...but announcing you are finally getting a small shipment of stock is not exactly excitement building material..
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Frankly, I'd have to think long and hard about it before buying another Axial product. Their lack of upfront info and snarky comments on FB and on page one here speaks volumes.

Anyway, I got Tower's email too. "Look at me! I'm still relevant!" I get it, Traxxas is sucking all the air out of the room...but announcing you are finally getting a small shipment of stock is not exactly excitement building material..
I have to agree, I bought an scx10 for my son so he could get into scaling but seeing their comments on here makes it seem like they aren't really taking it seriously. the same with HPI and their lack of upfront information on the Venture. There are so many other options out there right now that are good and want to earn your money, why give it to a company that isn't going to work for it? my younger son wants a scaler this year, but we'll probably be looking at the MST, Traxxas or maybe even the redcat since it has a BPC chassis (not sure about that one though).

and I definitely agree with the others that are saying that the Axial Pre-order seems a little too coincidental. I wouldn't be surprised if the delivery date moves back after they've advertised this.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:23 AM   #213

Sometimes giants die as quickly as they rise to glory. I don't think that's going to happen with Axial, but they might have to eventually suck up their pride, apologize, and do some promotion to get customers back. This is what they should have been doing anyway. They are taking the exact opposite stance of HPI. HPI is coming out and saying we messed up. Please give us another chance.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #214
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sometimes giants die as quickly as they rise to glory. I don't think that's going to happen with Axial, but they might have to eventually suck up their pride, apologize, and do some promotion to get customers back. This is what they should have been doing anyway. They are taking the exact opposite stance of HPI. HPI is coming out and saying we messed up. Please give us another chance.
HPI is doing that now, but they Initially did the same thing as axial when they stopped giving out information on the venture and deleting questions about it on their Facebook page. They also didn't give e out any information about the delays due to the buyout. They didn't have to give details, but they could have said something like "we're undergoing a restructuring, but will be back in production soon". Instead they kept promoting the venture with no release date.

Axial seems to be doing the same thing with this delay. I. Both cases it has allowed rumors and speculation to take over.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
HPI is doing that now, but they Initially did the same thing as axial when they stopped giving out information on the venture and deleting questions about it on their Facebook page. They also didn't give e out any information about the delays due to the buyout. They didn't have to give details, but they could have said something like "we're undergoing a restructuring, but will be back in production soon". Instead they kept promoting the venture with no release date.

Axial seems to be doing the same thing with this delay. I. Both cases it has allowed rumors and speculation to take over.
Very true.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #216
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sometimes giants die as quickly as they rise to glory. I don't think that's going to happen with Axial, but they might have to eventually suck up their pride, apologize, and do some promotion to get customers back.
Great time to offer a pre order coupon........dumbasses
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Great time to offer a pre order coupon........dumbasses
Nope. No more coupons! Not even to save face.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #218
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
[Axial] might have to eventually suck up their pride, apologize, and do some promotion to get customers back. This is what they should have been doing anyway.
Word.
Pete9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #219
Pebble Pounder

I will be interested to see if anything is said at axialfest or to see if this drama affects the turnout.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #220
Rock Crawler

Awe, axial, and hpi left me, and they ain't call...

The only explanation owed is to the people that have paid to be on the waiting list, and not the people with the money in their pocket still sitting on the fence trying to decide if they want a SCX10II, Venture, or what ever crap-axxis has come up with.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 G6 Availability nitrojunk Newbie General 1 04-01-2014 01:08 PM
Availability jwalker497 Tamiya XC/CC01 6 12-04-2013 01:57 AM
RX8 availability Dfl4000 Electronics 4 04-15-2013 09:21 PM
Availability artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 02-25-2010 07:55 AM