Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Axial availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #141
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial availability

Good to know guys thanks for the heads up. Makes me thankful I have a good local hobby shop that has been around longer than i can remember. I do have a kit on order with them so when production comes back on line hopefully I will have a place in line to get one.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #142
Quarry Creeper

After following this thread for some time it would have been nice for Axial to have made a statement on their issue right from get go. All they seem to put up is a smoke screen and when May arrived change the dates to just string buyers along. They have played games long enough for me to ever trust them.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

I hear what you are sayings sherbs. I don't feel lied to like you do - when I reached out to Axial the response was that they were shifting factories, which seems to be the consistent story. Still, I like companies that are frank and honest with their customers, and Axial has not been forthcoming with the full story. The comments from Axial people about "having a good laugh" about some of the rumors seems kind of crappy. There's a bunch of people, customers of Axial, who care about the hobby and I think the company should show some respect for them. I think they should have just issued a fuller statement earlier. People tend to respond pretty well to plain honesty, in my experience.

(I get that "if I don't like it I can take my business elsewhere" - true, and I still think it's better for companies to show respect for their customers.)
Pete9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #144
Quarry Creeper

Yes Pete9, I feel the way I do because Axial went about their problem the way they did. A simple factual statement would have went a long way for them.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #145
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
I think I'm still going to stop by and check out their selection. I love stopping by hobby shops while I'm out of town. It's not really out of the way for me so it's a nice stop in a long drive from buffalo, ny to allendale nj.
It is actually a cool store, not much for crawling I'd admit. They are more focused on track stuff. I just go to look at all the stuff they have. I actually went one day looking for a servo, low and be hold they had it but it was really expensive. I told the one kid behind the counter and I said how expensive it was. He went and looked and then marked it below what I would have payed for it on the internet. Told me to never be afraid to ask about the prices as they make mistakes often.

My experience has been good with that place. But then again I am an easy going guy and am willing take drives to hobby shops for the fun of browsing. I'd say stop by and see what they offer (covers many hobbies)!
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #146
psn
Pebble Pounder

X2

The place is huge and even the wife whom could care less about anything R/C was impressed

There aren't many (any?) hobby shops like this left

If you are into radio control (and trains) its worth the trip.

Last edited by psn; 05-08-2017 at 08:22 PM.
psn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 AM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
The comments from Axial people about "having a good laugh" about some of the rumors seems kind of crappy. There's a bunch of people, customers of Axial, who care about the hobby and I think the company should show some respect for them. I think they should have just issued a fuller statement earlier. People tend to respond pretty well to plain honesty, in my experience
This, in a nutshell. You don't seriously inconvenience your customers or put off new ones and then just make snarky jokes on FB. There should have been an official notice posted on their website from day 1 that all official inquiries should be referenced too, and updates given if timeliness aren't being met. That's how it works in a professional company...

This is a joke from a PR standpoint.....is Axial taking PR lessons from United and PEPSI?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
This, in a nutshell. You don't seriously inconvenience your customers or put off new ones and then just make snarky jokes on FB. There should have been an official notice posted on their website from day 1 that all official inquiries should be referenced too, and updates given if timeliness aren't being met. That's how it works in a professional company...

This is a joke from a PR standpoint.....is Axial taking PR lessons from United and PEPSI?

Me thinks you get "news" from social media....... That is the real problem today. I don't bookfarce so I have to read ......

Im also trying to see where Axial still doesn't control the crawling market niche

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Im also trying to see where Axial still doesn't control the crawling market niche
Axial was first. That's so important in gaining market share. But they have lost chunks over time even if they are still "in control" as you call it.

I think their share is about to get suddenly smaller with the release of the Traxxas. The HPI Venture, IMO, will merely be a blip on any company's radar. But while Axial continues to mishandle things they will continue to lose market share. It's almost as if HPI is now controlling Axial with the bad management.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

I don't get news from social media. I barely look at FB anymore, and never bother with twita-insta-snapchat-o-gram. That garbage is for the kiddies.

Axial is a scale pioneer and has drive the scaler/crawler market to new heights both with their products, sponsorships, events and general presence in the community. I'm not badmouthing for the sake of it, just pointing out my frustration as a longtime significant customer (and former business analyst.)

In any case, I did just pull up their FB page, and there is nothing official from Axial that I can see, but 2 visitor posts on the right side asking if the company is going out of business. That's the first thing any new or potential customer is going to see. You don't lunch a new product, hype it to the moon, then let your supply dry up a few months later with no official word.... that's a fail all around. I just don't get how companies can utterly mismange the basics such as customer service and communication - especially in this age where communicating to your customer base has never so easy. There's ZERO excuse for it. Word of mouth and a few random FB replies aren't going to cut it. Especially when Losi (Vaterra) HPI and Traxxas are all looking to steal your customers.

Controlling the market niche because you are basically the only player in it will only take you so far.

Last edited by OSRC; 05-09-2017 at 08:07 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #151
Quarry Creeper

In somewhat related news, I just browsed the crawler selection at Tower Hobbies, and pre-orders are up for both the Traxxas (est. mid May) and the HPI (ext. mid June).

Hardly anything available from Axial in terms of kits, maybe a Yeti XL or Yeti Kit.

Market seems primed for either one of those two, more than likely Traxxas, to take a nice bite out of this market.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Old I know but sounds like an explaination of the problem.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

If axial can't get their act together I will look elseware for my trail truck needs. I like the traxxas and hpi trucks but no kit version = no dice for me. I love kits and if a vehicle is made in kit form I go for that. If hpi or traxxas come out with kit versions it's a no brainer. More likely hpi will come out with one. I've also been eyeing up the g made Komodo. Once again, playing the waiting game and only time will tell where I end up.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Old I know but sounds like an explaination of the problem.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
If I were going to Photoshop a Press Release/Letter, I'd make sure to get the company address correct.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial availability

I just watched a video of carpet wheelies, stoppies (good brake) and "cruise control" not a bump seen , I'm passing now, not sure Axial still has competition yet.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
If I were going to Photoshop a Press Release/Letter, I'd make sure to get the company address correct.
Errythang on FB is troof.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #157
Rock Stacker

As available for sale Axial ->

https://www.scalerfab.com/products/a...ab-trail-armor

https://www.scalerfab.com/products/a...ab-trail-armor
Cyberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #158
RCC Addict

I wouldn't be caught dead buying a Deadbolt for $375.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #159
RCC Addict

Meet john marketing director of axial ..... He's the one who told me in 3 months....but I said 3 to 4 months so my foot wouldn't be in my mouth....so I think I would believe this guy.....
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #160
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post

Meet john marketing director of axial ..... He's the one who told me in 3 months....but I said 3 to 4 months so my foot wouldn't be in my mouth....so I think I would believe this guy.....
Dude, he's a marketing director, he's not going to tell you "we don't know". He's going to give you the best case scenario to make it sound better. That's what marketing does. It happens all the time, it's the same reason HPI gave an early release date, and then backed off of that over and over again.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 G6 Availability nitrojunk Newbie General 1 04-01-2014 01:08 PM
Availability jwalker497 Tamiya XC/CC01 6 12-04-2013 01:57 AM
RX8 availability Dfl4000 Electronics 4 04-15-2013 09:21 PM
Availability artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 02-25-2010 07:55 AM