Hi John
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I wouldn't be caught dead buying a Deadbolt for $375.
You mean $525, At least that's what it is showing on my end anyway. Still quite a hefty price even if it does include $150 gift certificate for ScalerFab trail armor.

Last edited by malickie; 05-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

He's subtracting the $150 coupon.

That Axial should sell RTR for $299 at most.

So they should sell it for $450.

Then they tell you they are covering $50 in shipping, which is a joke - most decent places will ship it free.

Even then, they are getting an extra $25 profit on top of that at $525 instead of $500.

No better than an eBay seller making money because Axial's are hard to find.

I'll remember that attitude towards their customers - they make profit on their parts, too!

They should leave it at that...

Last edited by durok; 05-10-2017 at 09:15 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #164
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
In any case, I did just pull up their FB page, and there is nothing official from Axial that I can see, but 2 visitor posts on the right side asking if the company is going out of business. That's the first thing any new or potential customer is going to see. You don't lunch a new product, hype it to the moon, then let your supply dry up a few months later with no official word.... that's a fail all around. I just don't get how companies can utterly mismange the basics such as customer service and communication - especially in this age where communicating to your customer base has never so easy. There's ZERO excuse for it. Word of mouth and a few random FB replies aren't going to cut it. Especially when Losi (Vaterra) HPI and Traxxas are all looking to steal your customers.

Controlling the market niche because you are basically the only player in it will only take you so far.
Axial are just treating us like mugs that's all, go new corporate normal

They know they are the biggest name in town, and they have stayed that way because other brands are just as inept as Axial , Vaterra should have been pumping their junk hard the last few months, but you don't see them doing any thing, just sitting around doing sweet FA

I honestly hope Traxxas and HPI can get their shit together and release trucks that are grouse, and the aftermarket throws some support their way, because this more than any thing will make Axial pick up their game, and we will be the winners

Some one at Axial should send a link to the well documented failure of Nokia to their CEO
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #165
Quarry Creeper

I hope as there becomes more competition in the crawler arena the golden child in the crawler world gets knocked down a few pegs. Or in Axial's case, knocked out!
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #166
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
You mean $525, At least that's what it is showing on my end anyway. Still quite a hefty price even if it does include $150 gift certificate for ScalerFab trail armor.
I subtracted that and was thinking they were jacking the price up with the certificate to sell the thing but after seeing that they're valuing the RTR Deadbolt at $375, I almost spit out my coffee.

We just did another scale comp and my friend committed to getting his own scaler instead of running mine or other loaners. Given the current market, he ended up with a Vaterra Ascender kit, so I'll be interested to see how the Traxxas truck compares to the SCX10.2 and Ascender at this point.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #167
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
[/URL]
Meet john marketing director of axial ..... He's the one who told me in 3 months....but I said 3 to 4 months so my foot wouldn't be in my mouth....so I think I would believe this guy.....
John Shultz is not the Marketing Director at Axial. You must have misunderstood.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
John Shultz is not the Marketing Director at Axial. You must have misunderstood.
Directly from Axials blog

"John Schultz, Axial Ambassador"

Ambassador /= director of anything.

Edit: Local shop has one of everything on the shelf at normal prices, $299 for the Deadbolt.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The guy who introduced me said that....he said if you have any questions ask him, he's the marketing director of Axial, worked for feld motorsports traxxas ... Well my bad foot in my mouth again.... Sorry if I misunderstood.... And i apologize to y'all for the misunderstanding........
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

"Former Feild Marketing Manager at Horizon Hobby" (not my spelling mind you...)

Definitely not Axial. Was over at HPI for a while. Guy gets around.

Last edited by OSRC; 05-11-2017 at 02:17 PM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #171
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
The guy who introduced me said that....he said if you have any questions ask him, he's the marketing director of Axial, worked for feld motorsports traxxas ... Well my bad foot in my mouth again.... Sorry if I misunderstood.... And i apologize to y'all for the misunderstanding........
No worries. I typically do not reply to these sorts of "rumor" topics but that was worth correcting.

John is a great guy and excellent representative of Axial
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #172
Pebble Pounder

Sorry, but this thread is kinda funny to me . Everyone here bitchin about how Axial should be knocked down a notch,etc. I have a cure for that . How about boycotting the axial fest, because i'm willing to bet the majority of the people complaining will be attending. The facts are that Axial will do what they want and we will all just have to wait it out and deal with it. It is what it is, Move on.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4life View Post
Sorry, but this thread is kinda funny to me . Everyone here bitchin about how Axial should be knocked down a notch,etc. I have a cure for that . How about boycotting the axial fest, because i'm willing to bet the majority of the people complaining will be attending. The facts are that Axial will do what they want and we will all just have to wait it out and deal with it. It is what it is, Move on.
Well the whole no coupon thing kind of irked me, so I build a truck out of no axial parts. My current project will also have no new axial parts. I don't plan on buying another axial rig, does that count
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #174
Pebble Pounder

100% that works.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4life View Post
If this thread is just bitching then you apparently came here to bitch about bitching. Makes sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Well the whole no coupon thing kind of irked me, so I build a truck out of no axial parts. My current project will also have no new axial parts. I don't plan on buying another axial rig, does that count
Agreed on both accounts. The no-coupons policy was the final straw that made me swear off Axial. Axial products are simply not worth the full retail price. My last purchase was the Axial SMT10 that I got before the coupons ended. That vehicle is a disaster and needs at least $200 worth of mods to make it fun and durable. That was my last Axial purchase for the foreseeable future. I plan on avoiding Axial until they get their pricing, quality, and now supply under control.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #176
Pebble Pounder

^^jato.. No your right I am bitchin a little. I should have stated my point better. Mainly about everyone bashing axial and then turning around and giving them their money. Only way I see to stick it to axial is avoid them, there products, and events. Maybe if that was to happen they might wake up and realize they are not the only game in town. I know that this will never happen just my two cents. Take it how you want.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:00 AM   #177

I back ordered the SCX10-II well in advance based on Towerhobbies reported availability, seems Axial has stuffed them again with the expected date changing to early June. I need something by July 3 for the Son's bday.

I need something as good as the SCX10-II (what he wanted) ideally thats come in RTR format and the Hard body Landcruiser LC70 will fit on (already bought it)

I'm not huge fan of the leef sprung TF2 so what else is there than I can actually buy now?

If axial cant provide reasonable updates I'm not moving into their platform.
Craggles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:38 AM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craggles123 View Post
I back ordered the SCX10-II well in advance based on Towerhobbies reported availability, seems Axial has stuffed them again with the expected date changing to early June. I need something by July 3 for the Son's bday.

I need something as good as the SCX10-II (what he wanted) ideally thats come in RTR format and the Hard body Landcruiser LC70 will fit on (already bought it)

I'm not huge fan of the leef sprung TF2 so what else is there than I can actually buy now?

If axial cant provide reasonable updates I'm not moving into their platform.
Not RTR but I've seen that Landcruiser body on the MST CFX-W. I think Asiatees has a blog post on how to get the body to fit on it.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #179

It's also strange that Axial went through the trouble to create an account on the forum then never really bothered to use it, except for a few snarky comments in posts 10, 11, 12 of this thread
tekin112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekin112000 View Post
It's also strange that Axial went through the trouble to create an account on the forum then never really bothered to use it, except for a few snarky comments in posts 10, 11, 12 of this thread

How do you prove it's really axial ?

I'm not buying it

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 G6 Availability nitrojunk Newbie General 1 04-01-2014 01:08 PM
Availability jwalker497 Tamiya XC/CC01 6 12-04-2013 01:57 AM
RX8 availability Dfl4000 Electronics 4 04-15-2013 09:21 PM
Availability artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 02-25-2010 07:55 AM