Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 1/7 scale Traxxas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #141

Default Re: 1/7 scale Traxxas

god im late to the game! this thing is just plain ol’sick.. initial response to details is might have looked better with smaller diameter shock bodies but who friggun cares! absolutely amazing. going to get the ridged one. fox body looked cool at first but now the blk/red one is popping off at me. gonna cut a hole in hood and put a fake kn air intake cover slightly sticking out.. send all the scale goodies off to somebody that knows how to weather stuff and figure out how to replace rubber limit straps with nylon wratchet strap stuff.. thank you traxxas for the trx4 and thanks for the udr! time to build a straight rhythm course on my land,oh hell’ya!
Zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #142
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
they claim the super Baja rey is 7 lbs heavier than the traxxas ud4.

so id imagine with the super Baja rey weighing in at 20 lbs or so it will be a couple inches wider and longer.
UDR
27.32" Long
13.57" Wide
10.29" High
2.27" Ground Clearance
13.4 lbs

Losi SBR
30.5" Long
15.6" Wide
11" High
3" Ground Clearance
19.5 lbs
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Rc car action with this truck (air age media ) https://youtu.be/u5TeOHmQPg4
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #144
RCC Addict

Amazing how some get trucks so quick
https://youtu.be/To3GZm20o44
Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
I don't think he actually has it. Looks like a compilation of pics with his commentary.
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellyo View Post
I don't think he actually has it. Looks like a compilation of pics with his commentary.
My bad , yeah its what you said , just sold me real quick , just sitting there . lol
Old 02-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #147
Rock Stacker

The only thing i care or wana talk about is the axle.

If it could be made also for a front steering location i think it would make a cool monster truck axle

Like axle
-Center diff
-planitary drop out
-Link mounts are low but look ok
-17mm hubs even if they are not real buggy style

Dont like
- looks like 6mm imput
- threaded axles
- no matching front for now
sawback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14jimik1 View Post
Hmm not entirely true I'd have to say, quite a lot of the other people including me on the FB group prefer the Losi. But yes the Traxxas does seem to be a bit more popular. Peace.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, I have a Baja Rey and I do like the looks of the SBR, and the fact that it's a bit larger also appeals to me. I also like the fact that there is more metal in the SBR right out of the gate. That and it's slightly larger size than the UDR I think is what contributes to the 6lb weight difference. I stated over in the Baja Rey forum that while the SBR is not nearly as scale, it will all come down to performance for me. (cue the head to head shoot out!) Also, I'm sure the SBR could be made to look super scale as well, just as people have done with the Baja Rey.

Having said that, my hat is definitely off to Traxxas for the overall scale factor they achieved with the UDR. If Losi had spent the same amount of time on scale appearance, it would have been absolutely sick. But, people are going to take both these rigs and "make them there own". I have no doubt we will see someone do an absolutely insane scale rig out of the SBR.

Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be in to RC right now!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

I absolutely love the new layout. It will be so easy to pop the bottom off and change out the pinion/spur for a different track.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #150
RCC Addict

I want one but I don't even play with the go fast stuff that I already have.

Its cool to see them coming out with new rigs and stepping into new territory. I wonder what else they have up their sleeve.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #151
RCC Addict

I don't care if I get one and it's sits on the shelf, its beautiful!!!
This may sound fanboyish, but I can't help but think how this is a little more cutting edge than all the aforementioned options from other companies. When looking at it and reading the features, I sense a great deal of engineering went into design and layout. Unitized cage, chassis and body, optimized link geo. (No TT) included sway bars to compliment long travel suspension to name a Few. I'm guessing they actually test drove this before releasing. I love desert trucks so this a definite purchase.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellyo View Post
UDR
27.32" Long
13.57" Wide
10.29" High
2.27" Ground Clearance
13.4 lbs

Losi SBR
30.5" Long
15.6" Wide
11" High
3" Ground Clearance
19.5 lbs
Wow that's at on of weight difference. I'll take the 6 pounds of weight savings. That will be better in pretty much every area especially in terms of speed, handling, and battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
He doesn't have one...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have a Baja Rey and I do like the looks of the SBR, and the fact that it's a bit larger also appeals to me. I also like the fact that there is more metal in the SBR right out of the gate. That and it's slightly larger size than the UDR I think is what contributes to the 6lb weight difference. I stated over in the Baja Rey forum that while the SBR is not nearly as scale, it will all come down to performance for me. (cue the head to head shoot out!) Also, I'm sure the SBR could be made to look super scale as well, just as people have done with the Baja Rey.

Having said that, my hat is definitely off to Traxxas for the overall scale factor they achieved with the UDR. If Losi had spent the same amount of time on scale appearance, it would have been absolutely sick. But, people are going to take both these rigs and "make them there own". I have no doubt we will see someone do an absolutely insane scale rig out of the SBR.

Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be in to RC right now!
Completely agreed with what you said!

14jimik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #154

Going bonkers over this little piggy still.. feels like I’ve climbed to the top of K2 and found Ghandi.. only thing better at this point would be a large scale tamiya version of the frog.. or if hpi drops a desert truck solid axle. Either way,im happy. ..totally gonna happen.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

Traxxas did a very good job on this thing. I'd love to have one but I can't afford to drop 750+ on a RCs anymore, plus I have slowly gotten rid of my fast stuff. Not too many places to go anymore for me other than a few tracks. The only thing that I don't care for is the size, mainly cause it means the truck runs on 6S and 4S. I went down that route before with an Arrma, I got tired of the big batteries or running 2 batteries at a time. I'll stick with 2s and 3s.

Can't wait to see what ever one does with their trucks!

EDIT: I would like to echo the suggestion for Traxxas to tackle the U4 market, would like to see what they would come up with. Preferably a bit closer to 1/10th scale.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #156

ya the price is huge for sure.. gonna fab a neat little aluminum skid plate for the planetary pumpkin thingy. just kinda cool,probably totally unnecessary but nice when you remove it and the plastic housing is still in good shape. never had a dual battery car before and the forced proprietary plugs are lame. i only use deans and nothing else. everything accessible from the bottom is imaginative.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
ya the price is huge for sure.. gonna fab a neat little aluminum skid plate for the planetary pumpkin thingy. just kinda cool,probably totally unnecessary but nice when you remove it and the plastic housing is still in good shape. never had a dual battery car before and the forced proprietary plugs are lame. i only use deans and nothing else. everything accessible from the bottom is imaginative.
FABing aluminium skid plates, I really like that idea.

A quickly little off topic from me but I'm planning to do the same, how exactly do you cut aluminium plates? I'm planning to use 1mm thick plates. Any feedback would be appreciated.

14jimik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #158
RCC Addict

Has anyone seen this vid
https://youtu.be/trIVG8A07bA at the to fair talking about it .
Old 02-05-2018, 12:26 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Looked great in the vid and I think I like the size even more after seeing them handle it, since it's bigger than the usual 1/8 stuff but still smaller than a Yeti XL/Super Baja Rey. It looked great especially in the little drop test he did.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #160
Rock Crawler

Im really torn between 1x 4S or 2x 3S. I was hoping to run my Xmaxx on 8S this year. I can't afford to buy both types of batteries.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote