Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2021, 07:49 AM   #1221
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Joy of joys... Now we have the omicron corona virus variant... This sounds a lot like Unicron, so thanks a**holes for ruining Transformers The Movie for me...

But, just like "drone", "onicron" sounds scary and ominous, so more people might get the shot. If you want something that will scare the younger people into getting the shot, name the next variant something that will REALLY scare them, like syphilis, gonorrhea, or herpes. Now, if you want to scare the right-learners into getting it, name it something REALLY scary, like Pelosi, Clinton (which sounds like a venereal disease anyway), Biden, or even AOC (don't even have to spell this one out...).

Yup, I can hear it now...
Fed, "Bill, you go get that shot?"
Bill, "Yeah Fred, I did..."
Fred, "What made you change your mind?"
Bill, "Well, I am going camping this weekend, and the thought having a raging case of AOC scared the hell out of me... Where you goin'?"
Fred, "Gettin' the shot, the next variant is called 'Biden'. I hear that sh!t lasts for four years... Not me brother!!!!"

//endith_rate/
wait we can get a vaccine against the biden

so dose this vaccine make it so hes nolonger a president or dose it just um lessen the effects of the biden virus

if i get the vaccine dose gas go down to only $4 a gallon

so at this point if we all take the red pill or get the biden vaccine can we eradicate this virus for good or is this virus gona stick around for another 50 years

i tryed the vote thing but i still got the biden virus will this new vaccine work on those already infected with the biden virus

Last edited by ferp420; 11-30-2021 at 07:56 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2021, 10:53 AM   #1222
I wanna be Dave

I started feeling kinda like crap on Friday of last week, thought it was just a cold and figured I’d be ok by Monday, just didn’t go to the gym over the weekend. Monday gets here A d I don’t feel any better but went ahead and worked since we’re still work from home for the time being and I can’t get coworkers sick, but mentioned it to a supervisor that afternoon via Teams. I tried some left over Albuteral from the last time I had bronchitis last and decided by yesterday morning that I needed to see a doctor. Because my insurance requires me to go to certain urgent cares and to call for their approval first, I set up to go after my shift, took me a Ralf hour to get there, called them to advise I had arrived so they could forward my records and went in. Since I had a cough, runny nose, achiness, plugged up sinuses, etc, they told me to go and wait in the car as those were all symptoms that were also associated with Covid. Shortly after getting in the car, I was called and informed that they aren’t seeing patients with Covid symptoms! What was aggravating to me is that this was after spending 30min driving in evening rush traffic to get there, only to find this out! I called the line back to find another urgent care, but it was closed and ended up setting up a TeleMed appointment, which is one of the few things my insurance covers 100%, and the doctor called me after I got home (another 30min drive, still in rush hour traffic), he was shocked that they turned me away as well.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #1223
Quarry Creeper

Whats up with the idiots driving around with lightbars and aftermarket fog lights on. Did they wire them directly to their headlights instead of a switch? Tired of getting blinded by these morons. I can't be the only one right?

I have 4 KC roof lights and 2 AUX fog lights, but the roof lights are kept covered and the fogs are on a switch.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:07 PM   #1224
I wanna be Dave

I am not for over-policing, but these off road lights need to be cracked down on. A lot of times the morons that put these on their vehicles don't have any concept of the legality of when or where they are allowed to run them, i.e. offroad. And these idiots normally come in one of two camps, those who don't really realize that their are blinding oncoming drivers, and those idiots who run offroad lights because they know they are blinding other drivers.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #1225
Quarry Creeper

When I lived in OR I was told off-road lights needed to be covered. I think some of these guys just have them on because its the cool thing. Like the lifted trucks with rock lights driving down the street. I seriously think they just use those quick splice connectors inline with their headlights, no fuses.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #1226
Quarry Creeper

Same with the idiots who drive around with their "driving lights" on. Seems every vehicle built since 2000 has them and most of them are on all the time! Tell me, in the city, with street lamps every 200 feet, why do you need these freakin' lights on? If you're that blind you shouldn't be driving at night, and maybe not even during the daytime.

A few years ago I remember seeing a proposal to integrate the "driving lights" with the high beam switch. You could have the dash switch for the driving lights "ON", but they would only light up when the high beams were on. Then, when you dimmed the high beams, the driving lights would turn off at the same time.

I think you would find all these aux lights are illegal to be run on the streets and highways no matter where you live. But, just ask your local law enforcement if they have the time to worry about something as trivial as this. I expect the response would be
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 01:42 AM   #1227
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Whats up with the idiots driving around with lightbars and aftermarket fog lights on. Did they wire them directly to their headlights instead of a switch? Tired of getting blinded by these morons. I can't be the only one right?

I have 4 KC roof lights and 2 AUX fog lights, but the roof lights are kept covered and the fogs are on a switch.
It makes me feel better that even Manly Men are starting to complain about ridiculous extra lights on trucks. If only the police cared enough to enforce existing laws. I live right on the edge between the urban and rural parts of Virginia, and there's always a lifted Jeep or a diesel pickup truck with an absurd 8" exhaust tip that's running an off-road light bar at full-blast while driving on local streets. Those things are blinding even in the middle of the day. The reason headlights are regulated is because too much light in the wrong place makes accidents MORE likely -- maybe not for you, but for other people, and public roadways don't exist for any one person's convenience; if you're on a public roadway you are required to make compromises to accommodate everyone else who also paid for the road to exist. There is this persistent belief in America that anyone can be as aggressive as they want, and it's everyone else's responsibility to deal with it. Public spaces have NEVER worked that way in ANY culture throughout human history. The biggest jerk in the tribe didn't get to be the chief, they got to leave the village permanently and go start their own tribe. Most of them died alone.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 12-25-2021 at 01:45 AM.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #1228
I wanna be Dave

Merry Christmas all!!!!

...and here is my Christmas rant.

The wife and I are not big on gift-giving anymore. We are at the point where we normally buy what we want, when we want it, given our budgets for such things, but we do like to have something for each other to open Christmas day. I have my RCs, 3D printing, and Lego building, and she has her knitting, painting, and such. Neither of us are well enough versed in the other's hobbies to really buy anything useful. But, we of course keep an ear out for things we might get each other. For my last birthday she bought me the Lego Ecto-1 Creator Expert set (this thing is big), but as a gag gift before I opened the Ecto-1, she got me a Lego Friends set. She was amazed when I was excited about it, I am not terribly excited about the Friends Lego line, but that series has a color pallet you just can't get in the other sets. So, the long and the short of it, giving gifts isn't that big of a deal, but there are times when it is...

Recently the wife has had a big career shift. It be honest, she actually now has a career. For years she has worked just as a general office worker, not really a secretary, she is very tech-savvy, heavy in spreadsheets and databases. But, hopping from job to job as I got transferred from command to command. I am not complaining about this, our lack of locational stability throughout the years has necessitated this. She has always worked, no matter where we have been, and I am very happy about that.

After I retired from the World's Greatest Navy, we settled in one spot, I shifted to my second career, and she decided that she was done being a general office worker. As a result, last month she passed her APC exam for medical coding, and she landed a job in that field.

//rant_start/
So, I wanted to get her something for Christmas that would commemorate her accomplishments, would be something she'd use, and something she'd get a giggle out of. On Amazon I found the perfect gift, a coffee mug. On it are the medical codes for caffeine abuse, and self harm; she is the self-proclaimed 'caffeine queen', and she has an unusual knack for hurting herself (accidentally, of course). On Amazon the seller said the mug was in stock, and that the expected arrival date was December 5th (about a week from the date I was looking at it). PERFECT!!! ... and ordered!!! The perfect gift, getting her well before Christmas.... WINNING...!

So, here we are, Christmas Day... Guess what.... There is no cup sitting under the tree (technically speaking, we don't have a tree, but you get the idea).
I started getting the uneasy feeling about this when I looked at the tracking information and it was for a service that was not in the U.S. Worse, there are multiple updates for status and location, but the only data they give is "null". I contact the merchant, and they say they have had some issues, but the item should be shipped in the coming week; this was three weeks ago. I asked about their tracking information, and they say that the local shipper hasn't picked up the package yet. ***sigh** I check status again around the 18th, and they have no record of my purchase. I refer them to the Amazon information and suddenly they found my transaction. They say they should be shipping it out some time in the next two weeks, and that I should have ordered it sooner that the 18th of December if I wanted it by Christmas...

Never minding crappy customer service by this company, I am annoyed at Amazon. There are certain assumptions that are to be made when ordering something, especially in today's environment when we have container ships waiting six weeks to offload at US ports. The biggest thing, if the expect arrival date is within two weeks, that should mean the item being ordered is on the same continent of the delivery address. If it is not, then there REALLY NEEDS TO BE A FRIGGIN' DISCLAIMER... Something like, "This item's expected delivery date may be delayed due to the item being shipped from overseas". I would have likely ordered the mug anyways, and found something else for Christmas day. But no....

I got a message from Amazon yesterday, it asked if I was enjoying the items and if I wanted to order another one...

//endith rant/
Old 12-27-2021, 07:49 AM   #1229
RCC Addict

We got some snow yesterday/last night.. and I already can’t stand the amount of complete morons that drive around this town with obnoxiously loud cars, well one of those Aholes decided to do donuts right outside my apartment at 3:55 am. Scared the crap out of me and did not do it long enough for me to try and identify the car.
Then the second part of this rant is partly my fault, my dog rarely wakes me up but this morning she did. I gave her access to the apartment not sure if she wanted food or what well she comes back to the bedside and hits me. I get up and she got sick, dog poop all over the front room.. smh. What a way to start the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:26 PM   #1230
RCC Addict

Rats ate my xerun sc8 wires! That is it rant over!
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #1231
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
We got some snow yesterday/last night.. and I already can’t stand the amount of complete morons that drive around this town with obnoxiously loud cars
Had one of these go by a few days ago. Older model Miata [2nd gen I think} with one of the loudest exhausts I have ever heard, and he was "on it" for maximum effect.

What is the technology in play where you can have the most amplified, raspy fart can in existence that is louder than open headers? Way worse than old school glass packs.. Mind blown.
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:27 PM   #1232
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Jeeper View Post
Had one of these go by a few days ago. Older model Miata [2nd gen I think} with one of the loudest exhausts I have ever heard, and he was "on it" for maximum effect.

What is the technology in play where you can have the most amplified, raspy fart can in existence that is louder than open headers? Way worse than old school glass packs.. Mind blown.

Straight pipes.. I worked at a dealer where a couple guys had pretty new wrx Sti’s and they literally cut the mufflers out and put pipes in their place. How it’s legal? I have no clue. I got pulled over when my old bronco blew the exhaust donut out and was running that old 302 on basically open headers. Idk if it’s just the apartment living or what but I swear there’s more obnoxiously loud turds where I live now than anywhere else I’ve been before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:43 PM   #1233
I wanna be Dave

It really seems like we should be evolved passed the point of being able to bight the hell out of one's own inner cheek.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:50 AM   #1234
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
It really seems like we should be evolved passed the point of being able to bight the hell out of one's own inner cheek.
Add tongue to that rant, as well...

Even better is, after the errant bite, it swells up, so you are guaranteed to bite the same spot a few more times, as it is now a bigger target.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:51 AM   #1235
Quarry Creeper

^^THIS!! And why is it that your damn flesh and blood tastes worse than the flesh and blood on your plate?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #1236
Quarry Creeper

Where are all the damn hot wheels!? My local target is completely empty, both walmarts are low and have old stock, Fred Meyers usually has a good amount, but its old stock. I guess on the plus side its saving me money .
Old 02-11-2022, 11:31 AM   #1237
Rock Crawler

Picking up dog crap in my back yard the other day. I’m just about done and realize that the bag I had over my hand to pick the crap up had ripped and I can only assume that I picked most of the yard stogies up with my bare hands. I have 3 dogs and do my best in the winter to pick up after them every couple of days, knowing that once the snow really starts melting it’s gonna turn into a full time job. I know what most are thinking. How did this moron not realize that he was bare handing dog crap? Well, just before going out back to pick up after the dogs I did a quick snow blowing of the driveway and didn’t wear gloves like a dumb ass. My hands were frozen and had no feeling before I went out back. Lesson learned!
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:38 PM   #1238
RCC Addict

Quote:
Where are all the damn hot wheels!? My local target is completely empty, both walmarts are low and have old stock, Fred Meyers usually has a good amount, but its old stock. I guess on the plus side its saving me money .
I mean.. I had to hit up three stores to find my wife's damned panty liners ( some female dealio.. idk). But yeah.. it's hitting us hard down here... Shelves aren't bare but big sections are... soda, cereal, water, pharmaceuticals, etc, etc. One step fwd/ two steps back.. been this way here for a couple years now.

As for the HotWheels, just hit me up if you're interested in buying any regular blue cards, Treasure Hunts, or Johnny Lightnings. My HotWheels are from about 2010 to about 2017.. all carded/ mint. And my JL's are from 1980's-90's.. including Stock Car Legends. Clearing out most of my 1:64/ 1:24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Picking up dog crap in my back yard the other day. I’m just about done and realize that the bag I had over my hand to pick the crap up had ripped and I can only assume that I picked most of the yard stogies up with my bare hands. I have 3 dogs and do my best in the winter to pick up after them every couple of days, knowing that once the snow really starts melting it’s gonna turn into a full time job. I know what most are thinking. How did this moron not realize that he was bare handing dog crap? Well, just before going out back to pick up after the dogs I did a quick snow blowing of the driveway and didn’t wear gloves like a dumb ass. My hands were frozen and had no feeling before I went out back. Lesson learned!
I'm only hoping that the turds were still frozen as well. Once wet dog sh!t gets under your fingernails... ugh.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:46 PM   #1239
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
As for the HotWheels.
I only collect Datsun/Nissans. Im more into the hunt for new ones instead of buying them from people. I appreciate the offer though!
Old 02-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #1240
RCC Addict

Quote:
I only collect Datsun/Nissans. Im more into the hunt for new ones instead of buying them from people. I appreciate the offer though!
Gotcha.. no prob. Good luck on the search. I'm hoping to see more things back in stock soon. BTW I just got back from our local Wmart here and same thing... almost no HW or Matchbox on the shelves. They're out of a lot of other toys it appears as well... really low stock on Lego and RC/ drone items.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM