Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2022, 01:37 AM   #1301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Emissions equipment is required by Federal law to be warrantied for at least 10 years. How old is your truck?

Diesel smoke doesn't seem like it's such a big deal, but the size of the particles allows them to sneak into your bloodstream through the capillaries in your lungs, and cause problems throughout your body. It's as bad for your health as cigarette smoke -- or rather, it's as bad for other people's health as cigarette smoke. When you do things in public (such as driving on roads that other people helped pay for), you aren't allowed to only consider your own needs.
So far, in my research, the year and mileage warranty is all over the place 10/100, 5/100 and 8/80 are all things that come up. My truck is a 2013 and has 77k miles. I believe if the DPF, or SCR had an actual failure, it might be a different story.

But I will look into it further.

Last edited by AK KRAWLER; 04-09-2022 at 01:53 AM.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #1302
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Emissions equipment is required by Federal law to be warrantied for at least 10 years. How old is your truck?

Diesel smoke doesn't seem like it's such a big deal, but the size of the particles allows them to sneak into your bloodstream through the capillaries in your lungs, and cause problems throughout your body. It's as bad for your health as cigarette smoke -- or rather, it's as bad for other people's health as cigarette smoke. When you do things in public (such as driving on roads that other people helped pay for), you aren't allowed to only consider your own needs.
this is complete bull sherbert your thinking of gas engines diesel engines particles are too big to enter in to the blood steam gas engines have been proven to polute way more than a diesel

just because some aholes turn there fuel up to high so they can "role cole" dosent mean all diesels are poluting

gasoline also take longer and alot more resorses to make than diesel

so its poluted more before even getting burned
and %90 of diesel exhaust falls to the ground in less than a minute gas exhaust stays in the air

then theres the fact that diesel is more efficent than gas

i used to have a 10k 5th wheel the diesel pulled it with out batting a eye it held 60mph comfertably with normal running temps one time i kinda got stuck my engine blew a oil seal and i had to barrow my freinds truck he has the same year same model truck with the big block gas motor it also had the 3spd over underdrive brownie box and was also set up for pulling 5th wheels

gas motor 4 mpg at 50mph and bearly keeping the temps out of the red

old idi diesel 10mpg at 60mph and temps never got over normal

just the differance between 4 gallons and 10 gallons should be enuff to push the diesel over the top

gallon per burned gallon diesel is cleaner and when your using half as much fuel your twice as clean as a gas enging

there is a reason we use diesel its clean and efficent there are also reasons we dont run it

it stinks it gets in to everything its almost imposable to get off your hands and over all is a pain in the back side to deal with

2 of my rigs run diesel engines one a 6.9td in the tow pig it keeps up with the moden diesels just fine with 20lbs of boost and a short straigh pipe and k&n air filter the thing keeps up with the new powderpuffs and dunomaxes and the cumings while pulling a bigger trailer the other is a mechanicly injected 6.5td in the scout its a econo motor but still pushes 400lbs of touque

the old idi diesels are extremely underated there almost bulletproof and if you do pop one you can rebuild the motor for less than what 1 fuel injector costs on a modern diesel let alone what ak is looking at holy poop thats alot of money i could build 3 motors for what they want to fix his fuel problem

my freinds all had 2000 or newer diesel trucks they spent more on maintanace than i did for my truck out right i have less than 500 in repairs in to my truck since ive owned it it also helps that i got a free parts truck so i have every single part in duplacate it had a bad injector pump but also had a freshly rebuilt motor running a sorage facility has some perks lol i get alot of free cars and stuff from people who just dont want to pay to store them anymore
i hate diesel fuel but no one sead i have to run on diesel ether used oil and algee and now im seeing reclamed plastic fuel so i really excited to try some of these alturnative fuels and having a old idi its kinda like a trash fuel motor they run on just about anything

if your comparing a honda to a full size truck the honda will be cleaner but if you load 4 hondas on the back of a truck its more efficent to move 4 hondas on the back of 1 truck than to drive 4 hondas on the road
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:20 AM   #1303
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc-93 View Post
Dig only makes sense on a custom build.
alot of rigs came stock with the dig feature it was vary comin on gear driven transfercases i have 3 with dig 1 d18 and 2 d20s and heck my subaru has the dig feature built in to its stock transfercase
there was a twin stick set up that would let you control the front axle with one stick and the rear with the other stick so you could even overdrive the front axle if you want to
Old 04-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #1304
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
alot of rigs came stock with the dig feature it was vary comin on gear driven transfercases i have 3 with dig 1 d18 and 2 d20s and heck my subaru has the dig feature built in to its stock transfercase
there was a twin stick set up that would let you control the front axle with one stick and the rear with the other stick so you could even overdrive the front axle if you want to
Are you referring to 1:1s with dig? That's what I meant.

I prefer my RCs to be scale accurate-ish in their drivetrain, and as such, dig only makes sense to me on a custom build. I imagine you could build similar functionally into 1:1 but I'm not aware of anything that comes with it/something similar already.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #1305
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc-93 View Post
Are you referring to 1:1s with dig? That's what I meant.

I prefer my RCs to be scale accurate-ish in their drivetrain, and as such, dig only makes sense to me on a custom build. I imagine you could build similar functionally into 1:1 but I'm not aware of anything that comes with it/something similar already.

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:13 AM   #1306
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
That's cool, I don't know that was a thing.

It still doesn't really address the complaint I was making a couple posts back though. The only 202x Bronco RTRs (worth the time of day anyway) don't have factory/first party optional dig. Additionally, both are solid axle trucks, one with portals.

If Traxxas has made an IFS TRX to go under the new Bronco body however, I'd feel sorry for my wallet.

smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:54 PM   #1307
I wanna be Dave

allmost all the old 1:1 4x4s that had gear driven transfercases were capable of having a dig function scouts came from the factory twin sticked so did the jeeps and the og old broncos
even old pick up trucks could be twin sticked at the factory

a twin stick transfer case allows you to control the front and.rear axles seperetly so the front axle could ether be in high netral or low also the rear axle could also be locked in ether high range or netral or low range
that not only gives you a.dig function it gives you overdrive on the front axle and yes this is on 1:1 rigs
also subaru has front dig from the factory but not the overdrive feature

so having dig and overdrive is scale for a older rig at some point in time the big 3 went to chain driven transfercases and the dig and over/underdrive features went away sometime in the 80s i think

Last edited by ferp420; 04-09-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:08 PM   #1308
I wanna be Dave

did i mention my 1990 subaru station wagon has the factory dig high/low range tcase and front or rear or 4 wheel drive
the rwd only mode isent a factory option i made that mod my self but its kinda pointless but sometimes the front end takes a dump and you have to shut the front down to avoid damage and run only on the read drive it happens more than i like to think about lol

Last edited by ferp420; 04-09-2022 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:14 AM   #1309
RCC Addict

So... gas cans.

Holy smokes... What in the hell happened with fuel containers in recent years? In my 55+ years I've used just about every kind of fuel can all the way back to the metal cans in the 70s where you just had to unscrew the lid, flip the spout, and tighten it back down. Then somewhere in the 80s-90s it all became plastic which was fine. They were still easy/ simple to use. But the past 10 years or so it seems like these nozzles get constantly updated. And each time the safety standards change, the product becomes more cumbersome and complicated to use.

I recently looked at Lowes, Walmart, Harbor Fright, TSC, etc and every damn can out there has got some kind of complex "system" that requires three hands, both feet, and twenty extra-terrestrial double-jointed fingers to get to function. "Push this red button to unlock this spring-loaded mechanism while pressing down at a 45 degree angle with 150 lbs of pressure while twisting upwards in order to activate the high tech fuel delivery system". Easy as 1-2-3!

Wound up taking 10 minutes... sweating, cussing, hands covered in gas, and a whopping 3 oz of gas in my mower tank before finally giving up and just taking the top off and pouring into a funnel. How in the hell in the year 2022 are they still having to update these designs? Have we not mastered the fine art of pouring gas into a damn gas tank yet?? As much gas as I've poured into vehicles, mowers, weed-eaters, chainsaws, generators, etc, etc... I've never had any damn issues. So why in the world do they keep making it harder to perform the simplest of tasks? . These latest designs over the course of the past few years have become absolutely asinine. I realize that this is all about storage and transportation safety but crap... I sure do miss the days of simplicity and reliability.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:56 AM   #1310
I wanna be Dave

Default Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
So... gas cans.

Holy smokes... What in the hell happened with fuel containers in recent years? In my 55+ years I've used just about every kind of fuel can all the way back to the metal cans in the 70s where you just had to unscrew the lid, flip the spout, and tighten it back down. Then somewhere in the 80s-90s it all became plastic which was fine. They were still easy/ simple to use. But the past 10 years or so it seems like these nozzles get constantly updated. And each time the safety standards change, the product becomes more cumbersome and complicated to use.

I recently looked at Lowes, Walmart, Harbor Fright, TSC, etc and every damn can out there has got some kind of complex "system" that requires three hands, both feet, and twenty extra-terrestrial double-jointed fingers to get to function. "Push this red button to unlock this spring-loaded mechanism while pressing down at a 45 degree angle with 150 lbs of pressure while twisting upwards in order to activate the high tech fuel delivery system". Easy as 1-2-3!

Wound up taking 10 minutes... sweating, cussing, hands covered in gas, and a whopping 3 oz of gas in my mower tank before finally giving up and just taking the top off and pouring into a funnel. How in the hell in the year 2022 are they still having to update these designs? Have we not mastered the fine art of pouring gas into a damn gas tank yet?? As much gas as I've poured into vehicles, mowers, weed-eaters, chainsaws, generators, etc, etc... I've never had any damn issues. So why in the world do they keep making it harder to perform the simplest of tasks? . These latest designs over the course of the past few years have become absolutely asinine. I realize that this is all about storage and transportation safety but crap... I sure do miss the days of simplicity and reliability.

And to top it all off, the buttons and levers all leak when you tip the can forward because it’s almost empty! Definitely recommend the SureCan. I’d never buy any other can unless I have to. Super easy to use and a legit spill proof can. Expensive, but great. We have 3 of them and they are money well spent. No more gas stained trailer fender where the trimmers get filled up. Simple enough even the new guys can use them lol.

These are the worst! —> https://
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...-spill-gas-can

While I’m here, we had to stop at HPM yesterday as we forgot to grab the 2 cycle gas can from the house that morning. I go in to get a regular 5 gallon can, and the fricken thing is almost $50! Decided to spend $17 on a 2 gallon. God these prices are nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 04-10-2022 at 02:58 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:56 AM   #1311
I wanna be Dave

you can buy the old spouts and they come in a kit with the spout and vent plug
being off grid in the middle of nowere and having alot of things that use gas i haul alot of fuel on a reguler basis

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Can-Spo...-127632-2357-0

you can also get the old style metal cans harbor freight sells the same cans the military uses but its got the same midwest can spout so you kinda still need the spout kit
there are better spout kits but that is the kit im using its ok next time though ill try the more exspensive spout and see how.those work
the vent is awsome
Old 04-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #1312
RCC Addict

My local Harbor Freight only had the plastic 2 & 5 gal can with the most stupidly designed spout I've ever seen. They didn't have any metal cans at all. Looks like otherwise that might've worked. Ordering online wasn't really an option either as I needed it that day.

As far as just buying nozzles separately, I might have to just do that. Good idea.

That TSC link is helpful but I've got those covered already. Plus.. wtf? $40 for a gas can! I mean they're all pretty expensive it seems but crap... where went the days of a 2gallon can for like $8. I know lol "Get with the times, old man" lol. Anyway... I was in need of a couple 1gal or 2gal cans.

Thanks, brothers!
Old 04-10-2022, 06:51 PM   #1313
I wanna be Dave

Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work... Work, school, yard work...

You see playing with or working on toy trucks anywhere up there? Building with Lego neither...

All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy... All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...All work and no play makes Scott a grumpy boy...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:04 PM   #1314
RCC Addict

I hate selling stuff, I’d rather give cars and parts away to someone I knew would appreciate it than deal with these half brained dimwits. As some of you know, I changed rigs like my boxers and when I get the same people asking to trade the same junk no one else wants to buy, for my stuff. It makes me want to pull my non-existent hair out.
That is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #1315
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
you can buy the old spouts and they come in a kit with the spout and vent plug
being off grid in the middle of nowere and having alot of things that use gas i haul alot of fuel on a reguler basis

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Can-Spo...-127632-2357-0

you can also get the old style metal cans harbor freight sells the same cans the military uses but its got the same midwest can spout so you kinda still need the spout kit
there are better spout kits but that is the kit im using its ok next time though ill try the more exspensive spout and see how.those work
the vent is awsome
@ ferp420- Hey, man. Just wanted to thank you for your advice. I went online and bought a couple spout-kits ( wasn't sure what would work best). Sent one back and kept the other one that had exactly what I needed for two cans. Used the original cap along with new spout and modded the can for the new vent. Perfect! And since it came with two, I've got another one to use for another can down the road.

Thanks again... Great suggestion.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:45 AM   #1316
I wanna be Dave

The wife is insisting we go to Disney in FL in June.. I would rather hack off my left arm - slowly with a dull x-acto - and then beat myself with it. She insists we go before the kids get too old (13,9)

I've never been there and had no desire to go.... Nothing like going to the most expensive place on earth, in the middle of the most expensive time on earth. I have no idea what she is thinking, we are a single income family by choice, and we simply cannot afford it...I expect it to be about a 10k trip...my wife disagrees, but I think she's living on Mars. Not to mention we are driving from PA in my Ram, which hoovers gas down like a sailor on leave bending elbows at the local bar.

Not to mention I generally dislike people - I can't stand crowds, and I frankly don't like Disney at all. It is one of the last places on earth I would choose to go to. I am dreading this trip in every way conceivable.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #1317
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
The wife is insisting we go to Disney in FL in June.. I would rather hack off my left arm - slowly with a dull x-acto - and then beat myself with it. She insists we go before the kids get too old (13,9)

I've never been there and had no desire to go.... Nothing like going to the most expensive place on earth, in the middle of the most expensive time on earth. I have no idea what she is thinking, we are a single income family by choice, and we simply cannot afford it...I expect it to be about a 10k trip...my wife disagrees, but I think she's living on Mars. Not to mention we are driving from PA in my Ram, which hoovers gas down like a sailor on leave bending elbows at the local bar.

Not to mention I generally dislike people - I can't stand crowds, and I frankly don't like Disney at all. It is one of the last places on earth I would choose to go to. I am dreading this trip in every way conceivable.
The nice thing though, will be the humidity... If you like that sort of thing. I can work outdoors for hours and hours with no problem when it's dry but doing the same work in very humid conditions... I'm about to collapse in a matter of an hour or so.

Seriously though... I feel for you. I won't ask but I'm wondering how much this trip might mean to your kids. And/ or why your wife feels that it's so important that they do this. I think that if I was going to take a trip down to FL, that June, July, Aug would be the worst time to go. I hope you can either get out of it or that you have a good time despite that as of now, you're not wanting to go.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:09 PM   #1318
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The wife is insisting we go to Disney in FL in June..
I hear you. Once you are in the park, and waiting hours in line for a ride, you ask yourself "did I just pay hundreds of dollars for this sh!t?"

Here is my rant of 'feeding the rat'...

A while back I get home from work, sit down at my computer. The wife is at her computer, working from home (before covid), but she was quiet, a little too quiet. After a little bit she clears her throat, and turns to me, which is never followed by good news. She said that her sister had called earlier that day, they were in a tight spot, so she leant her sister some money. Of course I asked how much, she said $1500. I told her that we were likely not going to see that money again, and should just consider it a one-time gift, and she agreed.

Two weeks later, we are eating dinner in front of the tube, and the wife is browsing FB on her phone. Suddenly the wife exclaims "THAT C*NT!!!!", which isn't a word that comes out of her mouth all that often, then she throws me her phone. Her sister was kind enough to share photos of their first day at Disney Land, and was thrill about their second day there.

Oddly enough, they did not speak for about six months. And no, never saw a dime of that money back.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:16 PM   #1319
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I expect it to be about a 10k trip...my wife disagrees, but I think she's living on Mars.
We took our kids to Disney about a month ago and you would win the bet on cost.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:17 PM   #1320
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

i remeber my first trip to dizzy land i was about 7 lol it was fun

the most fun though was when we were teenagers our parents would drop us off around dark and pick us up when they closed at midnight
we would try to meet girls and terrorize the place for hours lol

this was back when it was still cheap to get in and before child trafficing became normal

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM