Notices

Thread: Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 06:30 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
Was this the place I recommended or did you find another place? It looks familiar.
Yes, and it was a very cool camp ground.

More later we need to catch our shuttle to Savannah.

Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-06-2018 at 06:35 AM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Don't know much about Savannah, St Augustine is pretty nice and has some cool things around there.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Headed to downtown Savannah for the day, any must see from anyone?

Haven't been there yet, but quick search found this list and most look interesting. There's lots of interesting history and architecture there!

https://www.thecrazytourist.com/25-b...annah-georgia/
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I do! My mouth is literally watering right now! I have family coming into town next week and I'm planning to place an order with Linton's out of Crisfield MD before they arrive.. 2 lbs lump/ 1 lb back-fin ( shipped overnight to Tx). This will make 8 large crab-cakes ( great grandmothers recipe from Baltimore) and they're truly some of the best!

I'll bet that was a real treat for Ernie and Marcia!
Being from the south I believe you made the right guess!!

We should be in Texas by next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Sorry it poured rain on you down here, will be soggy in the morning.

At least you had a nice sunset.

Happy travels!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Thank you young man, we did get a little rain. Sorry we didn't have time to get together but I did wave when we went by the Raleigh turn off on 95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
As my wife always tells me, “I’m so glad you’re handy!” That looked like quite the little ordeal with that door latch! I think most of us that play with these little toy trucks are inherently mechanically inclined. It’s just a plus that it serves some real world purpose sometimes!
Yes all that play time in the shop paid off when replacing the latch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Best time of the year to eat these blues- nice and fat, getting ready to hide in the mud for the winter.
Yes they were great, but what Cary didn't tell you was that he move half his shell pile in front of me before Lindsey took the photo!!!
Just kidding Cary, the crab was very good!!! Thanks for the good food and Grin en and pick en Vickie and Cary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Don't know much about Savannah, St Augustine is pretty nice and has some cool things around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Haven't been there yet, but quick search found this list and most look interesting. There's lots of interesting history and architecture there!

https://www.thecrazytourist.com/25-b...annah-georgia/

Ok some photos of the great Campground out side of Savannah "Savannah Oaks"

Note the Cyprus knee in the for ground, I have some of these at home thatI wood burn on.

I have some photos of historic Savannah that can post if anyone is interested, I feel like I'm boring you guys with all the pics??

Pulling out in a little while and headed to Summerfield Florida to visit with Justin and Kayla (Animal hippy). See you guys this afternoon!!!

Marcia and Ernie
Old 11-07-2018, 07:30 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Being from the south I believe you made the right guess!!

We should be in Texas by next week!

Thank you young man, we did get a little rain. Sorry we didn't have time to get together but I did wave when we went by the Raleigh turn off on 95.

Yes all that play time in the shop paid off when replacing the latch!

Yes they were great, but what Cary didn't tell you was that he move half his shell pile in front of me before Lindsey took the photo!!!
Just kidding Cary, the crab was very good!!! Thanks for the good food and Grin en and pick en Vickie and Cary!

Ok some photos of the great Campground out side of Savannah "Savannah Oaks"

Note the Cyprus knee in the for ground, I have some of these at home thatI wood burn on.

I have some photos of historic Savannah that can post if anyone is interested, I feel like I'm boring you guys with all the pics??

Pulling out in a little while and headed to Summerfield Florida to visit with Justin and Kayla (Animal hippy). See you guys this afternoon!!!

Marcia and Ernie
Campground looks beautiful. Please bore us with Savannah pics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #106
RCC Addict

You just can't post too many pics of the CtC-V2 adventure imo! Now I will say that if you need a couple ideas regarding pictures...

> Marcia sound asleep after you've printed "Property of CODYBOY" on her forehead with a Sharpie.

> Ernie standing on top of the RV in crane pose ( balanced on one foot with outstretched arms).

We're talking about "suitable for framing" here!

On a serious note- I'm wondering how y'all are adjusting to the humidity down south? I've been here in Texas over 20 years and I still to this day HATE it. Seems like every time I'm outdoors for more than a few minutes I wind up drenched!

Can't wait to see the pics with Justin and family. I know they've got to really be looking forward to meeting you and Marcia.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Had a great time visiting with Ernie and Marcia last night! Such amazing people! The Mud Pie Pit Crew adopted some new grandparents. They wouldn't leave Ernie alone especially the little one. She was all about Mr. Urnie LoL! We got a chance to run the rigs on the backyard course for a few. Pictures of Ernie's rigs do no justice. The man knows how to build an awesome rig. I'm so glad you guys made it down. You're welcome at our house anytime. Wish we had gotten more time to visit. Can't wait to see you again! Hope you guys have a save trip back west. Much love! Here's a couple pics.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
Campground looks beautiful. Please bore us with Savannah pics.

Cary, you guys should be careful what you wish for!!

Quote:
You just can't post too many pics of the CtC-V2 adventure imo! Now I will say that if you need a couple ideas regarding pictures...

> Marcia sound asleep after you've printed "Property of CODYBOY" on her forehead with a Sharpie.

> Ernie standing on top of the RV in crane pose ( balanced on one foot with outstretched arms).

We're talking about "suitable for framing" here!

On a serious note- I'm wondering how y'all are adjusting to the humidity down south? I've been here in Texas over 20 years and I still to this day HATE it. Seems like every time I'm outdoors for more than a few minutes I wind up drenched!

Can't wait to see the pics with Justin and family. I know they've got to really be looking forward to meeting you and Marcia.

Marcia read this before I could find the Sharpies and now I can't find them. I think I'd better not go to sleep before her the rest of the trip!!

Ok, I tried the crane pose, but do you realize how hard it is to take a selfie from that position standing on the edge of a motorhome????????????

this is how I feel about the humidity.

I know, it is time for an update. Pics from old town historic Savannah.

This is how we got around town.

There is no way I can remember the history of each of the building but maybe Marcia can help with some? (Nope...I was busy gawking!)

This is the cobble road down to the river front market place, it is all stones that were ship ballast from the 1800s.

This bell was rung at the end of the day so the merchants new it was time to close up shop!

Of course we had to eat at the "The Lady and her Sons" Cafι, (Paula Deans) I know, it wasn't on our diet, but "when in Rome do as the romans do"!

Back garden entrance to his home!

The Savannah historic Rail yard and turntable.

The old Cotton Gin.

There you have it, Down town Historic Savannah as we saw it through our cameras lens!

More later, I need to try to get in a few more steps on my Fit Bit before the end of the day.

Marcia and Ernie

Oh, I forgot one, me standing beside the moonshine car!

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

that is AWESOME and makes me want to leave California even more now.
sure we have history (and don't worry you will see it!) but not as cool as that, IMO. nothing here is old enough to be that neat to look at. Huell Hawser is rolling in his grave right now...

thank you Ernie and Marcia for the amazing pictures of your incredible trip! see you soon? ish?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cary, you guys should be careful what you wish for!!

Marcia read this before I could find the Sharpies and now I can't find them. I think I'd better not go to sleep before her the rest of the trip!!

Ok, I tried crane pose, but do you realize how hard it is to take a selfie from that position standing on the edge of a motorhome????????????

this is how about the humidity.

I know, it is time for an update. Pics from old town historic Savannah.

This is how we got around town.

There is no way I can remember the history of each of the building but maybe Marcia can help with some? (Nope...I was busy gawking!)

This is the cobble road down to the river front market place, it is all stones that were ship ballast from the 1800s.

This bell was rung at the end of the day so the merchants new it was time to close up shop!

Of course we had to eat at the "The Lady and her Sons" Cafι, (Paula Deans) I know, it wasn't on our diet, but "when in Rome do as the romans do"!

Back garden entrance to his home!

The Savannah historic Rail yard and turntable.

The old Cotton Gin.

There you have it, Down town Historic Savannah as we saw it through our cameras lens!

More later, I need to try to get in a few more steps on my Fit Bit before the end of the day.

Marcia and Ernie

Oh, I forgot one, me standing beside the moonshine car!

Duuuuude I didn't know you liked moonshine. I could have hooked you up

Old 11-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
that is AWESOME and makes me want to leave California even more now.
sure we have history (and don't worry you will see it!) but not as cool as that, IMO. nothing here is old enough to be that neat to look at. Huell Hawser is rolling in his grave right now...

thank you Ernie and Marcia for the amazing pictures of your incredible trip! see you soon? ish?

Glad you like all the history Chris!!

It is nice to have friends like you guys on here to share it with!

Cary, I told you 2 beers was my limit, I didn't say anything about Shine!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #112
RCC Addict

We are definitely enjoying all the pics! Keep them coming! Nothing better then a picture rich travel thread

Oh come oh Ernie it was only 82° with 85% humidity yesterday. That's great weather! Lmao!

Chris unless you like allot of 90° weather and high humidity I wouldn't recommend moving to the south.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Had a great time visiting with Ernie and Marcia last night! Such amazing people! The Mud Pie Pit Crew adopted some new grandparents. They wouldn't leave Ernie alone especially the little one. She was all about Mr. Urnie LoL! We got a chance to run the rigs on the backyard course for a few. Pictures of Ernie's rigs do no justice. The man knows how to build an awesome rig. I'm so glad you guys made it down. You're welcome at our house anytime. Wish we had gotten more time to visit. Can't wait to see you again! Hope you guys have a save trip back west. Much love! Here's a couple pics.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Marcia and I spent last night at Justin and Kayla's home!!! And what a great visit we had. While Marcia and Kayla were inside talking crafts and Whole Foods (which is the diet we are trying to follow on this trip) Justin, the girls and I were talking big boy toys on Justin's crawling course in the back yard!!!

And I must say, two of the cutest young ladies you'd ever want to rock crawl with! Here is Joss putting the 2.2 on the rocks!

Now if this doesn't warm your heart, I can't think of anything that would. I do believe she is having fun!!

Justin is putting the ascender/Trx4 portal axles on the flat through it's paces.

The Animalhippie/Codyboy fleet group picture.

While dad is playing crawler the girls and "Mr Ernie" are playing walk the balance beam logs!

Joss shows us how its done.

Norah says "But Ernie, I need help"!!!!!

You can probably tell I'm hating every minute of this!!!

Through all the fun we were having I forgot to get a photo of Kayla and a group photo. So Justin is going to do a family photo later. Sorry Kayla

To top off the evening Kayla fixed a great Whole Foods dinner and we shared crafting stories. What a super young family!!! Marcia and I totally enjoyed the evening, it was kind of hard to leave this morning!

I will post some photos in the morning of some of the terrible storm damage we saw today on I-75, 27 and I-84 through Florida and southwest Georgia. You people in path of that storm, our hearts go out to you!!!
Thanks for looking,

Marcia and "Mr. Ernie"

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Glad you like all the history Chris!!

It is nice to have friends like you guys on here to share it with!

Cary, I told you 2 beers was my limit, I didn't say anything about Shine!!!
That because you haven't tasted the apple pie. It's like drinking a home made pie.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Ok, your quiz for this post is...……… What if I was walking down the streets of Savannah in the 1800s and stopped to knock on your door, Why am I knocking on a red door????? Yes I know you know the answer!
Ernie
Old 11-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Just found this thread...pics are great!
Out sighseeing sounds fun. Helluva trip.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok, your quiz for this post is...……… What if I was walking down the streets of Savannah in the 1800s and stopped to knock on your door, Why am I knocking on a red door????? Yes I know you know the answer!
Ernie

I was thinking hospitality or sanctuary but it's been a while... not sure on that one.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #118
Oppan Gangnam Style

Hey Ernie, I just saw this thread and read through the entire thing. What an awesome trip! Please keep up the posts, looking forward to seeing and hearing more. Safe travels!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I was thinking hospitality or sanctuary but it's been a while... not sure on that one.

A home that was a safe stop for travelers. Love all the pictures and history, keep it up please!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:37 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Just found this thread...pics are great!
Out sighseeing sounds fun. Helluva trip.
Hey Chris, glad you found us, it has been a true adventure!

Quote:
Great Guess, but wrong. Sent you a PM to find out where you are around Austin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Hey Ernie, I just saw this thread and read through the entire thing. What an awesome trip! Please keep up the posts, looking forward to seeing and hearing more. Safe travels!

Hey Dean, glad you were doing a little thread "Surfing"! Thanks for the kind thoughts and we will keep posting as long as you guys keep reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
A home that was a safe stop for travelers. Love all the pictures and history, keep it up please!
Nice guess Nate, The answer is, You are probably a wealthy person and the red door signifies that your estate is paid for! There you have it, now we can start painting our doors Red, Right?

Here are a few of the storm damage photos through Florida and Southwest Georgia.

I can't tell you how many blue tarps we saw on businesses and homes!!

A little cotton anyone?

Which way do I go Google?

We spent the night in Dothan Alabama, and the campground is full of people who are displaced from their home. We are just a few miles from Panama City and Marianna, which were devastated by the storm. Once again our hearts go out to you!! We were told that only one house remains in Marianna, and that was only because it was built to with stand a category 5 storm. Very sad!

Today we are headed to Laurel Mississippi.

Thanks for looking,

Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-09-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codyboy Coast to Coast to Coast in 45 days!! CODYBOY Chit Chat 180 11-30-2018 11:33 AM
2018 US Nationals East Coast Jslick RC Rock Crawling Nationals 32 08-13-2018 05:49 PM
2018 East Coast Championship - 11th Edition Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 133 06-17-2018 02:02 PM
2018 East Coast Championship 1.9 SORRCA scale June 10th lowridinjuggalo East Coast Championship 5 05-21-2018 08:49 AM