Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Whats your job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 11:25 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Whats your job?

I make sure the IT systems behind the financial statements that support the value of public securities are functioning in a manner that doesnt represent a risk of material mistatment of those financial statments. I used to audit banks, but that got depressing.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 11:52 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I think we start at 45k a year. But i made almost 58k with overtime. That was 3 years ago. This past year i think i made 70k only working double time on sundays plus my regular 40 hrs. Its a good deal if you stay in. Plus its the UAW. You know what that means lol.

A pay cut and I'd have to suck off the UAW? My job isn't so bad after all.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:15 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Suck off? Lol. You just show up and say check please.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #84

I do cyber things. Fun stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #85
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
I’ve spent the last 20 years working on an ambulance. Don’t know anything else, but wish I’d gone to school for CBC/machine/metal work.
It’s never too late. My first degree was finance and accounting. My masters in business administration. I’m studying programming a decade later and have become fluent in electromechanical design, pcb design, and design for manufacture. I can program and run practically any CNC or manual machine. Practically nothing I formally studied is what pays the bills. It’s nice I can do my own taxes with confidence, but that’s really all my formal education offers on a frequent basis.

It takes time and gusto. If you have a project in mind, it can drive learning through passion. If you spend any appreciable time ingesting media, there is time to spare. 15 minutes a day for a year is not much daily, but it adds up to a lot of practice.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #86
RCC Addict

I’ve been basically an electrical controls engineer for the last 2 years but I don’t have the fancy tittle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #87
I joined the Band!

I am a web designer.
Bladebringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Cant believe its been 2 yrs since i started this thread lol. Alot has changed since then.

May of 2020 i layed a mixer over in a ditch. 9 yd load, got to close n over we went. Layed there for 3 hrs before wreckers got there to sit it up. Boss man drove it to the yard n unloaded every bit of it. After ins settled, i tore out the interior, beat the A pillar back out n put a windshield in it. Drove it for a couple months n boss man bought me a 2013 mack.

May of this yr, my kw got totaled. Kid came across the line n hit me head on. Unfortunantly he didnt make it Im just glad it was me n not a car or bus with kids in it.

Weve been busy busy thru this whole covid crap n saved up. We bought a 2021 freightliner cornado a couple months ago n a new mac dump trailer also.

Hope everybody is doin better after the covid mess.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:13 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

Never missed a beat actually the China Virus has made us more money. Keep on truckin!!
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:43 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Never missed a beat actually the China Virus has made us more money. Keep on truckin!!
Same here. With all the people now working and schooling remotely, we're in more demand now than ever.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

I've been a diesel mechanic for 16 years. I like my job and most of the people I work with. I show up, do my job and go home. My boss wants me to take on more duties but the big bosses won't approve the pay like I want to take on more responsibility.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:20 AM   #92

I work as a programmer for a small company. I also study at the university at the same time as work and want to connect my life with software development at a more serious academic level. In order for me to get a promotion at the university, I must write a high-quality personal statement, which is helped by the company https://residencypersonalstatements.net/ Several writers are working to create the most attractive personal statement for employers.

Last edited by Zack Jackson; 09-24-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Zack Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Part owner in our family business; Lawn and Landscape company. Been in it since the beginning in 2016. I'm going to be the 2nd crew truck when I get my license, and eventually take it over when my dad wants to retire

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 09-23-2021 at 01:19 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:33 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Forklift operator at Pacific Coast Producers here in Oroville CA

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:52 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

I'm 40 only had 5 jobs my whole life, at 15 worked at a motorcycle repair and salvage yard, love 2 wheels, Burger King all through high school, worked at a natural gas compressor rebuilding shop a couple years until our competition bought us out, worked at a large beverage distribution warehouse for 5 years, worked my way up until I ran the place, wasn't worth it lol. Been doing plumbing and HVAC for the last 16 years at the biggest company in my city, recently promoted to assistant service manager.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:14 AM   #96

I'm starting a new job next month. It's a werehouse operator job. They say i'm gonna be loading and removing stock from trailers and stuff like that.

Last edited by Jan135; 05-24-2022 at 05:22 AM. Reason: typo
Jan135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:29 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

im a retired carpenter but my tires are almost bald again so i may have to retire again maybe some all terains this time lol

when i grow up i plan on being a profesional rc car driver/fabricator and maybe a farmer ooh that would be fun lol

Last edited by ferp420; 03-29-2022 at 08:27 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:11 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Got stuck on a job core fillin blocks with 5 gal buckets smh. The young fellar in the green shirt looks just like pedro from napolean dynamite

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:06 PM   #99

Systems Engineer for a security systems intergration company.
In english: I setup servers for surveillance cameras and access control systems, then keep them running and do tech support.
Not a bad job: typically in any given day I am "in" a dozen states and sometimes overseas, without ever leaving my home office. ;)

Anyone who has a job they fell into and wishes they could move on to something else: never too late- I did construction and ASME code welding for about 20 years before I had to get out of the trades due to injury.
dugans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:19 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Professional Chauffeur...mostly corporate contracts in the SF Bay Area (especially tech & financial companies), but also a number of well-known celebrities (movies, TV, music, sports, etc), and others I can't legally disclose.

While our primary area of coverage is the greater SF Bay Area, I, personally, have driven clients to/from as far north as Mendocino, as far east as Lake Tahoe, and as far south as Los Angeles.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Whats your job? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RADIOS: Whats needed and whats a good price tag losikid Electronics 3 02-08-2011 10:20 PM
whats swx? and whats a super? SpaceBalls Newbie General 17 08-05-2009 11:41 AM
whats hot, whats not. post good and bad setups and products TomEGunn General Crawlers 9 05-28-2009 07:29 PM