Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: "Like" Button

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: "Like" Button

On tapatalk you can just inset the image right into your post from your photo library. No need for a hosting platform. And it will resize it for you too.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #242
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Ah. I've moved on from Flickr to Imgur and I also don't post photos from mobile because Imgur linking sucks on the mobile website and in their app. You can embed or link full-size photos and that's it. I wish this forum would resize photos automatically - hopefully one day it will - so I didn't have to bother with that. On desktop Imgur happily allows you to choose different size images to embed. It's 2019. It shouldn't be sofa king hard to link to an image.
It's weird, my phone refuses to load emails over a week or so old and just flat doesn't show them from photobucket support. I fire up my cheap little tablet and there they are using the same app.

I have toyzuki V1, 2 & 3 as well as an All Time Low build going on right now. I have the parts to build a new version of the bomber with indestructible axles too if I find the time. ;lol;
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
On tapatalk you can just inset the image right into your post from your photo library. No need for a hosting platform. And it will resize it for you too.
I'd rather staple the head of my hootus to the floor than use tapatalk so that's out.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I explained why I refuse to use Tapatalk elsewhere. On Android I paid for Taptalk Pro and it wasn't worth the money because it was no better than the free version. Then they decided to go all free on Android. At some point the paid version came back, but what did I really get for my money?

Now I'm on iOS (something I regret) and there's a free and paid version of Taptalk. I don't see any reason to pay for the Pro version. But I just don't trust that Taptalk won't pull a Photobucket and hijack my photos somewhere down the line. I could use Tapatalk for photos I don't care to save like on the Funny threads, etc in Chit Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
It's weird, my phone refuses to load emails over a week or so old and just flat doesn't show them from photobucket support. I fire up my cheap little tablet and there they are using the same app.

I have toyzuki V1, 2 & 3 as well as an All Time Low build going on right now. I have the parts to build a new version of the bomber with indestructible axles too if I find the time. ;lol;
Damn I wanna see the ToyZuki builds. That's something I've always wanted to build.

Quote:
I'd rather staple the head of my hootus to the floor than use tapatalk so that's out.
Well now you have to make a choice. Use Tapatalk or fire up the live stream and entertain us!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Damn I wanna see the ToyZuki builds. That's something I've always wanted to build.

So do it. The V1 is almost done, just need to wire it up and start tweaking on it, I'm running ar44 rock jocks on it. The V2 is mostly done, ar44 rock jocks with 4 wheel steering. I'm building the V2 and ATL on 4 wheel steering VP portals for a friend. The V3 is on trx4 axles with MFR brass bits. It works really well, probably 80% as good as my sporty.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:42 AM   #246

Quote:
So do it. The V1 is almost done, just need to wire it up and start tweaking on it, I'm running ar44 rock jocks on it. The V2 is mostly done, ar44 rock jocks with 4 wheel steering. I'm building the V2 and ATL on 4 wheel steering VP portals for a friend. The V3 is on trx4 axles with MFR brass bits. It works really well, probably 80% as good as my sporty.
Every time I go to buy one there's other things with more want.

The V3 is the one for AR60 axles, correct? It'll be cool to see it on TRX4s.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Every time I go to buy one there's other things with more want.

The V3 is the one for AR60 axles, correct? It'll be cool to see it on TRX4s.
Yea tit has more rise above the axle for the big ar60 diff but just happens to be perfect for trx4 axles. No matter what chassis you get do the 2.5 t case. It has od/ud built 8nto it. It is a big reason my V3 works so well.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:49 AM   #248

Quote:
Yea tit has more rise above the axle for the big ar60 diff but just happens to be perfect for trx4 axles. No matter what chassis you get do the 2.5 t case. It has od/ud built 8nto it. It is a big reason my V3 works so well.
You said "tit"!

One day I'll build one and I'll definitely get that transfer case if it had OD/UD built into it. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #249
I wanna be Dave

i have to be the most gramaticly challenged person in america lol almost no one reads my posts but i do get a few likes here and there from the pictures personaly i was just learning how to use it lol

on a different note the rules need to be posted clearly so everyone cannread them i got a violation for a rule burried 4 links deep in the rules section so i had to read the rules then click a link thats hardly even noticable then another link and yet another link to find the rule i only read the first page and i never clicked 5he other links on the rules page and got hit with what ever i thought it was extremely stupid and then accuse me of doing it on porpose then agueing with me about it when im just saying sorry i diddent see it andnthen to fill my inbox with a bunch of screen shots that hav3 absolutly nothing to do with anything because i dident even see that screen anywere on the site and then add stuff to the threads in different colors after the fact dosent help ether that was just stupid im glad to here he isent moderating any more he just wouldent leave m3 alone i was getting pms from him for repeting words in the title of the thread i mean dude whats wrong with saying bad ass i mean dude it says bad ass on the packadge the parts come in i mean any one why buys boom racing is gona see enjoy being a bad ass on th3 packadge but i still get hasseled about it the guy seemed to go through every one of my threads looking for something to ding me over i kinda got over it but it caused me a bit of agsiaty every time there was a new message or like i sometimes would ignore the likes because i thought there might be a message from dooface and i dident want to deal with his doofaceness

another issue to me is the vender star if someone makes a realy cool part then shares it and then says they would mak3 some for other members and they get dinged i think offering a part on the forum should be ok if you make one part and sell maybe 5 of them there is no profit to share but if your selling a line of mass produced parts and are tryibg to mak3 money on this site there should be some profit sharing with the forum thats fair but to spend 100 dollors to make nothing and just help people out is unfair i would like a few a few things made by jack forum member if they fit my build its not like your gona go 5o the store to buy it orsomething
maybe do a forum store were members can sell there personal products that they make them selfs in maybe a new section in the clasified were the forum gets a portion of the sales from that subsection like if joe smith makes a skid plate or a new shock moun5 they could offer up there one product in that section and tack on a 5% fee or something for 5he site if i was selling something for $1 i wouldent mind paying a nickle to the site for there help selling 5he product i know that would be alot of accounting to keep straight but if the sale goes through the site 5hen they can take there cut off 5he top just a idea i knownno one will read this but im puting it outhere anyway
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:35 AM   #250
Quarry Creeper

I can relate to being a luddite in some ways. But when there's technology and apps available to fix the very things being complained about, I just don't get it. But, like all things in life, to each their own.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #251
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i have to be the most gramaticly challenged person in america lol almost no one reads my posts but i do get a few likes here and there from the pictures personaly i was just learning how to use it lol

on a different note the rules need to be posted clearly so everyone cannread them i got a violation for a rule burried 4 links deep in the rules section so i had to read the rules then click a link thats hardly even noticable then another link and yet another link to find the rule i only read the first page and i never clicked 5he other links on the rules page and got hit with what ever i thought it was extremely stupid and then accuse me of doing it on porpose then agueing with me about it when im just saying sorry i diddent see it andnthen to fill my inbox with a bunch of screen shots that hav3 absolutly nothing to do with anything because i dident even see that screen anywere on the site and then add stuff to the threads in different colors after the fact dosent help ether that was just stupid im glad to here he isent moderating any more he just wouldent leave m3 alone i was getting pms from him for repeting words in the title of the thread i mean dude whats wrong with saying bad ass i mean dude it says bad ass on the packadge the parts come in i mean any one why buys boom racing is gona see enjoy being a bad ass on th3 packadge but i still get hasseled about it the guy seemed to go through every one of my threads looking for something to ding me over i kinda got over it but it caused me a bit of agsiaty every time there was a new message or like i sometimes would ignore the likes because i thought there might be a message from dooface and i dident want to deal with his doofaceness

another issue to me is the vender star if someone makes a realy cool part then shares it and then says they would mak3 some for other members and they get dinged i think offering a part on the forum should be ok if you make one part and sell maybe 5 of them there is no profit to share but if your selling a line of mass produced parts and are tryibg to mak3 money on this site there should be some profit sharing with the forum thats fair but to spend 100 dollors to make nothing and just help people out is unfair i would like a few a few things made by jack forum member if they fit my build its not like your gona go 5o the store to buy it orsomething
maybe do a forum store were members can sell there personal products that they make them selfs in maybe a new section in the clasified were the forum gets a portion of the sales from that subsection like if joe smith makes a skid plate or a new shock moun5 they could offer up there one product in that section and tack on a 5% fee or something for 5he site if i was selling something for $1 i wouldent mind paying a nickle to the site for there help selling 5he product i know that would be alot of accounting to keep straight but if the sale goes through the site 5hen they can take there cut off 5he top just a idea i knownno one will read this but im puting it outhere anyway
Well Firp....I read it .... and was out of breath after three lines

Dude, find the period button on whatever you’re typing on
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #252
I wanna be Dave

Ferp needs help. Maybe some milk.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #253
Rock Crawler

So...Ferp gets to mumble rap his posts now?
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #254
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #255

Quote:

Is this Spanish? Anybody?

Just kidding. But, seriously, use periods and people will be more likely to read your stuff.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #256
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Oh fawk

Not enough ferp, too much 420?

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 03-20-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #257
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

Gonna try/attempt to comment on this part ....... While I agree the vendor fee is steep at 100$ for the return we get currently I will say 10 years ago it was worth it.

On your part about 1 guy making 5 for the fun of it or what ever. Back in the day there was lots of problems with guys 'just making them for friends' that snowballed into forum issues. Keyboard heros bringing private message business public and just creating headaches for everyone. In the end of it the seller was the crook and the buyer pretty much was screwed.

Another long history of problems was the blatant copying. Why should I design, test and produce a part and come here to sell it then have some jackhoff steal the idea and make a few for paying friends? The vendor fee doesnt protect me from the internet theft but it helps protect me selling the product here.

We've had guys even try the 'if anyone wants one pm me' route and have seen that turn into back door sales gone wrong. It helps everyone in the big picture. But thats not saying you cant ask people to make you something just becuase they arent a blue star vendor. Ive asked people in the past if they could make me something they had because I liked it or could use it on a project. Just remember and be mindful its always buyer beware so you are taking the risk, not the forums.

If the maker wants to charge you for materials or what ever thats always between you two. If the maker wants to backdoor pedal it to a mass amount then thats where it becomes sketchy and bad if caught.

Hope that helps ya .... and i read evrything correctly.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #258
Quarry Creeper

Scuse my ignorance, but did we lose the "notifications" also? are the like and notifications tied together?
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #259
Quarry Creeper

Just the fact that the term mumble rap was mentioned will probably lead to more Google hits.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #260
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Scuse my ignorance, but did we lose the "notifications" also? are the like and notifications tied together?
Yep. Better remember what thread you posted in or go to your history to see follow up conversation. That's my issue this quote should notify you somehow ......
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote

"Like" Button - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airtronics M11 settings for "push-button" dig control John Hallman Electronics 8 09-21-2010 08:48 PM
"Hide Forum" button? microgoat Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 04-05-2006 11:30 AM
project "search button",my TLT Chevy 72Blazer Tamiya TLT Crawlers 13 03-04-2006 06:57 PM