Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Forum dead??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Forum dead??

What’s the deal hear lately? There seems to be almost no action, the view counts move much more slowly.

Is this forum dead?

Where is everyone going if not here?

Seems weird since there are so many crawling options in the market today. My .02.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Forum dead??

Does seem fairly dead. The crawler groups I follow on Facebook get a lot more action. Anne that’s where everyone went. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 06-29-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
What’s the deal hear lately? There seems to be almost no action, the view counts move much more slowly.

Is this forum dead?

Where is everyone going if not here?

Seems weird since there are so many crawling options in the market today. My .02.

I would hit the like button, but we don't have it anymore!!!
Ernie
Old 06-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I would hit the like button, but we don't have it anymore!!!
Ernie
Old 06-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

This^^^

Any activity that’s still happening is in spite of the like button being removed. I get the concept, but it didn’t pan out. I don’t understand why the guns are being stuck too.

If it weren’t for the release of the element rc enduro, the ssd trail king, the vs410 pro, and even the mog and scx24, this place would be a ghost town.

Funny enough, all the people that were gung ho that the like button removed interaction have been darn near completely silent lately.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I bet If we started badmouthing the owners, mods and whatever, we could get noticed and blocked!
Old 06-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
Does seem fairly dead. The crawler groups I follow on Facebook get a lot more action. Anne that’s where everyone went. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What are the Facebook groups? I’m in Dallas. Would like to find folks to go crawl with every so often. I’ll take any suggestion.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yes it does seem a bit dead on the forums. That includes me lately too. I havent had the time lately to check up like I use too. To much going on lately. Summer is here and it's also close to the 4th and everyone heading out and doing fun summer things, except me.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I think with the advent of FB groups a lot of forums are suffering. Numerous other forums I visits on occasion don't seem to have the activity they used to.
RCC 10 years ago you could hit new posts every 30 minutes and see all new shit.
Now that I think about it, it's about the same time they buried the Nylint subforum.
Resurrect it and I bet the forum does as well.
He'll, I bet DirkDigler might even come back
Old 06-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Its just quicker to answer all the questions people ask than here,
people read(here) then don't want to answer, takes time i guess for the right person to answer a specific question here, while on FB ask it'll get answered within seconds to minutes, a big difference. That's how i see it. Just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I keep up with the read hear, but dont always comment. As far as fb, got away from it n all the drama it brings.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2019, 01:41 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I'm thinking more are spending their time outside running RC's and other summer activities, I am any ways.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

What are the FB GROUPS? Seems like I need to move on. Not much life here left...

Where can me and my 18 rigs socialize?? A sample below...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

can not yet mounteded, hence crooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #15

New here, but I've been on various forums since back in the days of dial up in the 90s (BBS back then, and that will tell my age).

One thing I think that has also affected forum participation is the advent of so much freely available information. 5 years ago, there probably weren't 15 videos on how to do X on youtube, you had to come to a place like this to ask a question. Second a forum is one more thing to register to, login in, etc, with no app notification popping up on your phone. For a lot people using social media to have the same discussion, it takes one click on their phone to subscribe and off they go.

Lastly, and I'll probably get flamed for this, the whole "use the search button newb!" attitude on forums as a whole doesn't help. RC Crawler isn't too bad compared to some places (one forum I was a member of would ban members for failing to use the search function). Newer members, the life blood of a forum, usually all ask the same questions, and believe me I understand that it gets old to answer the same questions everyday. However what's my motivation to even join the forum, if the only interaction I have is to use the search function and read old threads, as the only answers I get to my questions are "use the search button!"
Old 06-29-2019, 03:55 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Every other forum I'm on has a notification drop down to bring you back to participated threads. They don't want participation they don't encourage it or promote any thing. Not doing another star
Old 06-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCi in ATX View Post
...However what's my motivation to even join the forum, if the only interaction I have is to use the search function and read old threads, as the only answers I get to my questions are "use the search button!"
Your motivation is the desire to give back and make posts on your experiences so that those that come after you have something to pop up in their searches.

Try making a build thread on a Facebook group...

I'm a member of several "enthusiast groups" for both RC's and vehicles. The amount of idiots in those groups is 10 fold higher than anything I have seen in a forum. The amount of useful information I get off of these groups is few and far between. All the real knowledge is in the forums.

Forums are slowly going away so it seems and it sucks.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Hopefully everyone is out crawling! Most forums I frequent are slower during the summer due to summer activities. That said, I absolutly despise Facebook groups and the morons that seem to frequent them, I feel like my IQ drops 10 points just reading all the misinformation that gets posted there.

Last edited by Inspector86; 06-29-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I am a member of a local FB group just for the ability to see what is happening locally and to see what is for sale locally. RCC is a much better place to find useful info on builds, parts, rig set-up, etc.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Hopefully everyone is out crawling! Most forums I frequent are slower during the summer due to summer activities. That said, I absolutly despise Facebook groups and the morons that seem to frequent them, I feel like my IQ drops 10 points just reading all the misinformation that gets posted there.

^^THIS^^
Closed Thread

Forum dead?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threads in Forum : Florida section dead Alexg89 General Crawlers 4 12-05-2018 02:00 PM
This massachusetts forum is dead? 666markb666 Massachusetts 15 06-14-2017 11:30 PM
Because the PTI forum is pretty much Dead S_C_I_P_I_O79 General Crawlers 9 01-26-2011 05:50 AM
gmade forum slow/dead what's the deal Lawrence_0485 G-Made Crawlers 21 10-28-2010 05:54 PM
XTM forum is dead so... Super Woody Superclass Crawlers 3 02-09-2010 11:46 PM