Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Forum dead??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2019, 07:03 PM   #61

Default Re: Forum dead??

Bunch of first world problems in this thread lol. How much for these forums? I will buy it just to get you a like button back.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2019, 01:51 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Man, I'm a forum guy and just got here a month ago. I hate hearing this.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:20 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

When a new person discovers RCC and they click on that google link, they are met with axial fest 2017 photographs. Do you think that they see that and immediately think the forum is dead and return to their Facebook groups?
Old 07-01-2019, 04:56 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

This forum dead ? How is this a dead forum when every morning I click on the "new posts" I get more than 6 pages of new posts ? That's far from dead to me. It may not have as much activity as on some facebook groups but It's not the same use ... facebook is for instant "news" and "gratification", forum is sharing knowlegde and easy access to past builds.

Back in the days I was managing a Mustang Club forum, it suffered a lot of facebook ... easier to post pics from smartphone, quick replies, etc ... but the technical content of the facebook group ? no real share of what has been done to solve this or that issue ... most posts are pics "my car", "the event I was", funny and vintage pics or vids ... no real technical content, or questions already answered so many times ... hopefully the forum is still alive, with people sharing their knowledge and using the one already posted even more than 10 years ago.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:49 AM   #65
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
This^^^

Any activity that’s still happening is in spite of the like button being removed. I get the concept, but it didn’t pan out. I don’t understand why the guns are being stuck too.

If it weren’t for the release of the element rc enduro, the ssd trail king, the vs410 pro, and even the mog and scx24, this place would be a ghost town.

Funny enough, all the people that were gung ho that the like button removed interaction have been darn near completely silent lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I bet If we started badmouthing the owners, mods and whatever, we could get noticed and blocked!

Im trying to figure out when "bad mouthing" the owners, mods, or the "whatevers"...I'm not even sure what that is... has gotten someone banned or blocked as of lately???

CORRECT...the LIKE button IS NOT COMING BACK.

For what its worth, it actually wasn't even my decision in the end. This place still currently has 2 owners and it was the decision of the owner who is in charge of the tech side of making sure the forum is running to disable it due to ad revenue...

Everyone wants to complain about it being gone but let me put it this way.... Would you prefer there be a like button and say in the next 6 months to a year no more RCC at all??? OR no like button, and RCC stays a live...

Yeahhhhh thats what its down too... Facebook and other social media platforms have hurt ALL forums across the boards. Its also the summer time and people are out actually crawling which all means less activity, this is something that always has happened.

My admin access has been finalized and I even appointed a new moderator before I left for vacation 2 weeks ago... The person is a long time member, someone I know personally, and someone who has ran his own forum as a business as well which many forget that RCC is...

With that said, turning the like button off DID increase posts, with my admin access I was able to see the data as a graph myself with my own eyes. So despite what opinions people have it did serve a greater purpose.

The future of RCC is still in talks... With that said, if I can afford to do so, I will be taking over one owners portion here. Hes currently in agreement that I would be a good fit for the position and details and such are still being worked out. As ive said in the past, things take time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
If you like something now, just post that you do.

All forums have suffered, it's not just this one.

The people that see the value of forums are still around. Maybe it will pick back up. Still a lot of info here.
Quote:
I see 7 logged in people viewing this thread right now. And this is why FB is killing forums, a group gets more action and you would rather leave than participate here too.

I love that people want to blame the like button for forum decline and not the actions of people. It's because people are lazy, and Facebook is the least effort right now. Nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest with ourselves.

^^ THIS... Thanks for always having RCCs back John, you make my fight here much easier when I know I have support.

At the end of it all, rather then just posting on facebook, post here, link your thread to facebook and bring the traffic back here... If everyone did this I bet we can, working all together, bring traction back here...

ALSO, I have admin access to the RCC facebook page as well...so if you have a cool build thread, or pic or something, share it with me and ill shout ya out on there and hopefully thatll draw people in. In order for the forum to continue on social media is gonna be a necessary evil. I still need to get access to the IG page but im working on that.

If anyone is also having any account issues so I should now be able to deal with that as well. I am still learning the admin access but I've been able to figure it out so far...

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-01-2019, 07:14 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

It's about time your access is opened up. Let's get this place spun around, I have piles of pics of builds I've been doing that I've been waiting on a star to post here. Hope you can get the deal done to take over at least half of this place.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
It's about time your access is opened up. Let's get this place spun around, I have piles of pics of builds I've been doing that I've been waiting on a star to post here. Hope you can get the deal done to take over at least half of this place.

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #68
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

First order of business, we need an enduro forum
Old 07-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Here Here!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #70
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post

Quote:
Agree!

And right after that we need a Vanquish VS4-10 section. Since the release of the VS4-10 last year and now with the release of the new VS4-10 Pro, it would be great to have a place to post our builds. I had asked last year about adding a section, but never got a response. I hope you can consider adding a section.

Mike, glad to hear you were given more control. Hope you can turn things around so RCC will have a bright future! I would be lost without all the help from the many talented members here.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #71
Sinking with the ship

Quote:

I concur, that is one of those things Im not sure of how to do, I will text John when the time difference allows it and Ill have him add a sub section for that, the Vanquish rig, and maybe the SSD rig??

-Mike
Old 07-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I concur, that is one of those things Im not sure of how to do, I will text John when the time difference allows it and Ill have him add a sub section for that, the Vanquish rig, and maybe the SSD rig??

-Mike

OMG !!!!!!!!!!

Wowsers!!

HUGE THANKS!!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
At the end of it all, rather then just posting on facebook, post here, link your thread to facebook and bring the traffic back here... If everyone did this I bet we can, working all together, bring traction back here...

ALSO, I have admin access to the RCC facebook page as well...so if you have a cool build thread, or pic or something, share it with me and ill shout ya out on there and hopefully thatll draw people in. In order for the forum to continue on social media is gonna be a necessary evil. I still need to get access to the IG page but im working on that.
Thanks Mike.

I've definitely noticed the RCC account pop up on my FB feed and it is a very simple way to direct people back here for the content.

The problem is the content: we don't have enough of it going right now. People are excited for the new releases and that is great people are discussing them here but let's get some more building going. People will act all nostalgic for the days when you had to make your own everything but just build something (even if it's all bolting onto a RTR), take pictures, and tell your story. Someone will appreciate it, someone will respond, interaction will happen, and maybe someone else will be inspired to post their own build.

How about we all get out of this thread and update some of our old threads or start new ones? I guarantee nearly everyone person that slightly cares about this site has like 3 trucks they are working on or 200 pictures of the last month of driving.

I started a new 1.9 Wraith thread today (1.9 Wraith II: A sequal to SVT's 1st 1.9 Wraith), I'll update some more threads soon and I have at least 3 more build threads to start coming up shortly.

Let's get creating.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:43 AM   #74
Sinking with the ship

Can you guys tell me if you can see the element section??? Apparently I can add it...

Bare with me as I am new to working on this end of the V bulletin

Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech - Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendoro at RCCrawler.com

-Mike
Old 07-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Can you guys tell me if you can see the element section??? Apparently I can add it...

Bare with me as I am new to working on this end of the V bulletin

Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech - Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendoro at RCCrawler.com

-Mike

I can see it, right there between the Yeti XL and Sawback sections.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Workin Great !!!!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #77
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I can see it, right there between the Yeti XL and Sawback sections.

Excellent, Ill add the Vanquish ones next
Old 07-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #78
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Excellent, Ill add the Vanquish ones next
Thanks a lot Mike!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Cant find it in tapatalk yet, Chrome is fine!

Hang up and Drive
Old 07-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #80
Sinking with the ship

Vanquish added
Closed Thread

Forum dead?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threads in Forum : Florida section dead Alexg89 General Crawlers 4 12-05-2018 02:00 PM
This massachusetts forum is dead? 666markb666 Massachusetts 15 06-14-2017 11:30 PM
Because the PTI forum is pretty much Dead S_C_I_P_I_O79 General Crawlers 9 01-26-2011 05:50 AM
gmade forum slow/dead what's the deal Lawrence_0485 G-Made Crawlers 21 10-28-2010 05:54 PM
XTM forum is dead so... Super Woody Superclass Crawlers 3 02-09-2010 11:46 PM