Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Police killing innocent people happens to ALL races. Cop killings of blacks versus white are extremely close in numbers. People acting like it’s a one race issue need to stop it. The problem is that the media doesn’t show black cops killing innocent blacks, black cops killing innocent white people or white cops killing innocent white people because, for some odd reason, that doesn’t cause outrage or riots.

Most murders are committed by civilians of the same race as the victim NOT police. The numbers aren’t even close. But let’s cherry-pick what we’re outraged about just because some of those cops aren’t the same race. It’s hypocritical...so hypocritical.

And to all those wanting to cut police budgets - that is insane thinking. The population is constantly growing exponentially. Police forces are not. Cops aren’t well paid in a lot of areas to begin with. And if you want to fire bad police and rehire others that takes money.
Thank you jato!!! Someone finally saying half of what I wanted to say this whole time, I just couldnt figure out how to put it in the right words without sounding like massive dick. And theres a whole lot more I'd like to say but I have a hard time commenting in things like these cuz it's a lose lose. Theres is no agreement and I have a hard time biting my tongue anymore and cant deal with half the stupidity and over sensitive morons out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post

Look at people that were opposed to guns, then had somebody break into their house and commit reprehensible crimes. Those people wished they had a gun to protect themselves and their viewpoint changed. As the saying goes in THIS country, cops are minutes away when seconds matter.
Only problem with your logic, is when you have a country awash with accessible firearms, the guy breaking into your house is probably better armed than you are. On this basis I can't see how being able to protect yourself with a gun, gives you any advantage when the other guy has a gun too.....
Rotare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #63
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Police killing innocent people happens to ALL races. Cop killings of blacks versus white are extremely close in numbers. People acting like it’s a one race issue need to stop it. The problem is that the media doesn’t show black cops killing innocent blacks, black cops killing innocent white people or white cops killing innocent white people because, for some odd reason, that doesn’t cause outrage or riots.

Most murders are committed by civilians of the same race as the victim NOT police. The numbers aren’t even close. But let’s cherry-pick what we’re outraged about just because some of those cops aren’t the same race. It’s hypocritical...so hypocritical.

And to all those wanting to cut police budgets - that is insane thinking. The population is constantly growing exponentially. Police forces are not. Cops aren’t well paid in a lot of areas to begin with. And if you want to fire bad police and rehire others that takes money.
Do you have any sources to support your statement about all races being killed by police that also account for the % of the population that is black? Beyond numbers, it’s the circumstances behind these deaths that are troubling. Being shot in your own home, suffocated for selling loose cigarettes, choked for 9 minutes while pleading the entire time.

There also is a debate to be had about whether or not more cops is the answer. As security continues to improve with modern technology there are studies that show crime still drops even though there are less police

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2818056002

“Data shows that the raw numbers of police have declined over the past five years, and the rate of police officers per 1,000 residents has been dropping for two decades. At the same time, the violent crime rate has also dropped.”

Of course there’s also studies that show more police on the ground reduces crime as well, again. It’s a debate to be had. But I don’t subscribe to the notion that more police = more safety.

An 8% budget decrease can be handled in several ways but ultimately they’ll need to find ways to operate more efficiently and cut excess expenses. Cutting the budget doesn’t mean there has to be less cops in neighborhoods that benefit from the presence, but it does mean that priorities need to be adjusted.

Further, cutting the budget by $100 million would just keep them near where their budget was for 2019-2020. It’s not like they’ll lay off 10% of the force. There won’t be raises and bonuses but I don’t think many places in the world are seeing raises and bonuses this year.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotare View Post
Only problem with your logic, is when you have a country awash with accessible firearms, the guy breaking into your house is probably better armed than you are. On this basis I can't see how being able to protect yourself with a gun, gives you any advantage when the other guy has a gun too.....

Logic?

So in this situation you feel that you would rather not be armed because the intruder "probably" is better armed? Just WoW!

No firearms for Australia works for Australia. Does not mean it will work for the United States. This country was founded by men who fought against a government that was over reaching. This is why the 2nd amendment was the right to keep and bear arms. The entire reason for this was to ensure the government would not over reach.

You can say that in the world today you don't have to worry about that. I am glad some are confident, I'll keep my rights, as I would rather not be the guy saying "damn, I should have studied my history".
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Quote:

So in this situation you feel that you would rather not be armed because the intruder "probably" is better armed? Just WoW!

Dude, if this is how you've interpreted what I wrote, then you've missed my point altogether.....

Quote:
No firearms for Australia works for Australia. Does not mean it will work for the United States.
We have guns, we just don't think ordinary civilians need to be armed with military style assault weapons.

I guess you guys in the US should just keep doing what you've always done. At the moment you're sure showing the rest of the world how well it's all working for you.....
Old 06-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Only problem with your logic, is when you have a country awash with accessible firearms, the guy breaking into your house is probably better armed than you are.
Not normally, no. Even if they are, I have a decisive tactical advantage in my own home. I can move around in the dark, and know where all of the Lego bricks have been dropped. Also, guns are the last resort for me, I run a layered defense.

1. I live in a town were crime is low
2. I live in a state were crime is low
3. I have a good alarm system
4. The exterior of my house is lit very well
5. My doors and windows all get locked
6. I have a 120lbs dog
7. If the all of that does not turn away a home invader, as a last resort, I have a gun for every season

When I went to sea a lot I showed my wife, a certified bunny-hugger, how to use the shotgun. She stated emphatically that she would not shoot anyone. I told her, if she used it right, she likely would not have to. I told her that if she thought someone was breaking into the house, the first thing to do was to call the police, then go get the shot gun (more protests). All she had to do is rack it near the window of where the would-be invader was, and that the sound of the shotgun racking was universal, and if the person was not on drugs, they would leave. Then I told her, if the invader was on drugs, she would likely have to shoot him.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Dude, if this is how you've interpreted what I wrote, then you've missed my point altogether.....

We have guns, we just don't think ordinary civilians need to be armed with military style assault weapons.

I guess you guys in the US should just keep doing what you've always done. At the moment you're sure showing the rest of the world how well it's all working for you.....
You do understand that the "military style assault weapons" are just that, a style. They are semi automatic just like the standard hunting rifles. They operate mechanically the same way. Please don't tell me that they hold more ammunition. Anyone can reload a weapon in 2 seconds or less with practice as well as be "more armed" in your words with additional weapons to switch to.

Give me a logical reason that the "style" of a weapon should be removed? We are talking about how the firearm looks. It operates the same way a semi automatic hunting rifle does.

The issue is not the style of weapon, the issue for some states is lax laws, other states it is poor enforcement, and it is also due to people that are not all there to begin with.

Here in Chicago Illinois they had put in place a law to ban all hand guns. Since it has been challenged and relaxed. The point is however that while hand guns were banned there were many murders using hand guns..... How is this possible when there is a law banning them? Yes again if a criminal can get their hands on a gun I would rather be armed myself if my life is put in danger.

I guess in your world we should ban alcohol too as there are too many drunk driving deaths around the world, way more than any gun violence. Better yet we should ban automobiles too. Take those two things away and we would save so many lives!!!!!!

Last edited by $uicide $hift; 06-04-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Do you have any sources to support your statement about all races being killed by police that also account for the % of the population that is black? Beyond numbers, it’s the circumstances behind these deaths that are troubling. Being shot in your own home, suffocated for selling loose cigarettes, choked for 9 minutes while pleading the entire time.

There also is a debate to be had about whether or not more cops is the answer. As security continues to improve with modern technology there are studies that show crime still drops even though there are less police

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2818056002

“Data shows that the raw numbers of police have declined over the past five years, and the rate of police officers per 1,000 residents has been dropping for two decades. At the same time, the violent crime rate has also dropped.”

Of course there’s also studies that show more police on the ground reduces crime as well, again. It’s a debate to be had. But I don’t subscribe to the notion that more police = more safety.

An 8% budget decrease can be handled in several ways but ultimately they’ll need to find ways to operate more efficiently and cut excess expenses. Cutting the budget doesn’t mean there has to be less cops in neighborhoods that benefit from the presence, but it does mean that priorities need to be adjusted.

Further, cutting the budget by $100 million would just keep them near where their budget was for 2019-2020. It’s not like they’ll lay off 10% of the force. There won’t be raises and bonuses but I don’t think many places in the world are seeing raises and bonuses this year.
I said pure numbers not percentages. If you want to talk percentages only then we have to take into account percentage of everything else and that becomes messy.

To prove percentages make things very messy and often very misleading, look at this little graphic. Does this mean black cops commit more racial crimes than white cops? Obviously, it doesn't necessarily mean that.

Source: https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/...h-data/605866/

All of the police crimes you mentioned are horrible. But this happens to all races. And, as I said before, just because a police officer kills somebody of the opposite race doesn't mean race was the cause. To your earlier point, we need to focus on POLICE BRUTALITY, period. If this is turned into a race war, which has already started, then nobody remains focused on the issue at hand.

Violent crime has been trending downwards for a long time. The rates have dropped substantially over the years - long before security cameras were a common item. Security cameras have been proven to be a deterrent, but they didn't start the downward trend in violence. Does this mean we will eventually not need police at all? The answer should be an obvious and resounding "no".

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

Cutting the police budget may sound like a great idea to some thinking with their hearts, but it makes no sense to me. Each year operating expenses increase and cops have more citizens to protect. There are better places to start with budget cuts. The pensions of government officials and police would be a great start.

The Mayor of LA is an idiot cutting the police budget. It's not like his city is small or lacking in crime. And to state he's going to redirect those funds to "communities of color" is racist or at least discrimination. It's no better than segregation, but it's tax segregation if there's a term for that. Sure, give more tax money to minority programs, but then in turn give white people bigger tax breaks. It's only fair, right since we are being excluded from tax money. It'll never happen though. I'm pretty sure people wouldn't think the latter part is acceptable. This is beyond lunacy. The double standard and the hypocrisy is absolutely disgusting. The government isn't operating with equality. I can 100% agree with that. We are fighting discrimination against minorities, but simultaneously discrimination against white people and it's becoming acceptable. Every white person should be alarmed by this.

Quote:
Your statements show you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

1. Civilian AR-15's are not military grade assault rifles. Stop watching the liberal media and get educated.

2. Yes, the US has proven to the world it's the best country in the world. This little bump in the road happens in all countries. Europe was plagued with riots for a while. Even your country has race issues and riots or did you conveniently forget that? See source 1. Also, when shit hits the fan in our cities, we have the right to defend ourselves with guns. You do NOT have the right to own a gun for self defense in Australia. See source 2.

Source 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial...e_in_Australia
Source 2: https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#...rt2/div2/sec12

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 06-04-2020 at 08:39 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

So this is jacked up (violence in link):

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidbegn...355810818?s=21

The worst part is when one of the cops obviously wants to help and his buddy is like ‘nah we gotta keep up the whole tough guy charade’.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
So this is jacked up (violence in link):

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidbegn...355810818?s=21

The worst part is when one of the cops obviously wants to help and his buddy is like ‘nah we gotta keep up the whole tough guy charade’.
Proof of what I just said - police brutality happens to ALL races. This is infuriating. I hope every POS in that video is fired and arrested. Especially that two cops that pushed the man and the cop that tried to stop the other officer from helping the old man!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:37 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Your statements show you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Interesting. Someone has a different opinion than yours, and it's straight to the ad hominem replies. Well done!

Quote:
2. Yes, the US has proven to the world it's the best country in the world. This little bump in the road happens in all countries.
Bit sensitive, are we? You're entitled to your opinion, but unfortunately very few global metrics support your statement. Heck, from what I'm reading plenty of your own people think the US is an absolute basket case at the moment. But lets just all keep believing no-one has a clue but you....

Last edited by Rotare; 06-04-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Somewhat relevant:

4wd4ws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Proof of what I just said - police brutality happens to ALL races. This is infuriating. I hope every POS in that video is fired and arrested. Especially that two cops that pushed the man and the cop that tried to stop the other officer from helping the old man!
You have to love people that live in other countries chiming in with little insulting jabs at the US. Usually that behavior tells me the person is insecure with themselves. Looking out their window pointing their finger makes them feel better about themselves as they don't need to look inward.

Every person that is confronted with logic and facts does not at least reply with logic and facts which support their view. Generally they start with a veiled jab in the form of a question, they see a reply which provides a different view, with examples, and direct questions to understand the viewpoint. The OP will not answer the questions or provide logic to their viewpoint or provide examples. They either move on to another post to shoot another veiled jab or reply to the questions with another question formulated as a jab.

All I can say is if you live in your country and you are happy that is awesome. You won't see me looking up news about your country and then see me crapping all over it. Why? A. I am not insecure about myself where I need to crap on others. B. I don't give a rats ass about other countries. I care about the one I live in as it directly affects me.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

don't you dare use sound logic - then what will the media outlets use to get everybody all riled up and outraged.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:54 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

[IMG][/IMG]
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Here in Atlanta our governor has balls, National guard taking care of business

Well Done ATLANTA
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

https://www.facebook.com/wally.scham...31790390251743

Two minor incidents and some traffic issues but we don't tolerate things like riots and what-not. These guys watched and protected a peaceful demonstration, then kept some stragglers from doing anything unlawful after a group formed when the official protest ended and the person in charge told their supporters to go home.

Last edited by KJ10; 06-05-2020 at 05:42 PM.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:38 AM   #78
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
We got it all, here in Fairfield.
My friend lives like 5 minutes from that shopping center. I was a bit worried after hearing that, because he has a 5 month old kid...and I don’t trust rioters to not hit homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Asking for a friend...

You ever notice how conservative-leaning protests, like he COVID-19 lock down and 2A, to name recent ones, hardly ever turn violent? Heated, yes, but no rioting or looting. Why is it that only liberal-bent protests turn into complete shit-shows? Any of you lefties/libbies want to weigh in on this? My friend would really like to know.

And, for the record, I am 100% on the side of the 2A protests. I thought the COVID protests were idiotic. But, my friend is still asking...
This is funny. Those protestors in MI who were armed were labeled as terrorists, despite there being zero violence. Funny, no violence at the VA gun protest either...despite all those guns. Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Yes, all of the above.

Again, I don’t support the rioting and looting but I’ll play along.

I imagine watching people that look like you get unjustly murdered by the police time and time again and often without consequence generates stronger emotions than not being able to get your haircut.
Aaannnddd...this. I love how you people try to dismiss that protest because you see it as “just a haircut.” Or, it’s people’s livelihoods at risk. They have family’s to feed & bills to pay. They have businesses that they’ve put all their money & time & effort into making successful. And they have employees who rely on them. But they’re forced to close while they watch people flock into the big corporations stores... Lives are also being lost. Suicide hotlines got inundated by calls.

How about all those other people getting unjustly killed? Just the other day in Vallejo Cali, a 22 year old man, Sean Monterrosa, was fatally shot by the police. They responded to a possible looting call at Walgreens. When they showed up, Sean went to his knees & put his hands up. The cop shot him & didn’t even bother getting out of his car. Thought he had a gun in his pocket...it was a hammer. Oh, he wasn’t black though, so who cares, right? I have a few more if you’d like to them? And I’m sure I can search up & fond even more.

Oops, I totally forget to address the topic. A little light rioting happened here. A fair bit of spray painting on downtown buildings. I drove around a bit on the first morning. Didn’t see any broken windows where I looked. I did learn a new acronym though-ACAB “all cops are bastards.” I saw that about 7 times throughout the block or so that I drove. A few “f*ck 12” and one “good cop= dead cop.” I was very saddened to see even that. People care so little about where they live. There was more spray painting & some broken windows in following nights, but still it’s calmed down the last night or two.

Last edited by NoobCrawler; 06-06-2020 at 01:57 AM.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:07 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Instead of imagining; the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany have all taken measures to reduce gun homicides. Could the US learn anything from them?

Quote:
I have no desire for this country to be like an European country. Nothing wrong with European countries. I have no problem with people that do not want to own a gun or have anything to do with it.

I do have a problem with people that believe since X works for them it should work for all. Well this has never been the case and I don't see it working the same.

I grew up around guns, my father was a collector and we went shooting often. I have never owned a gun as I have not found a need for one. If I ever want one though I do not want somebody else telling me I can't.

Look at people that were opposed to guns, then had somebody break into their house and commit reprehensible crimes. Those people wished they had a gun to protect themselves and their viewpoint changed. As the saying goes in THIS country, cops are minutes away when seconds matter.

My son in law is a police officer and he even says that when it comes to crime such as breaking into a persons home, the cops really are just there to do paperwork as they are never close enough to save you.

While I do not have a gun, if I lived in an area that had me worrying about somebody breaking into my home, I would have one and I do not need anybody else telling me I cannot protect myself or my family.

I can bet that if tragedy struck your home and you lost a family member, you may look back and think, if you only had a gun to protect yourself and your family....... Yea I don't want to be in that position. If you are comfortable with it GREAT! All the best to you. As for me I'll keep the freedoms this country provides.

I am from Germany. I don`t think our gun laws (or other european gun laws) would work for the United States. Different history, different situation. In european media, the US is always taken as a bad example to argue for more restrictive gun laws over here. In fact, every gun incident (whether in the US or in Europe) is used to call for more restriktive gun laws over here.
Needless to say, more restriktive gun laws cannot reduce the number of gun involved homicides anymore (statistically), because the percentage of legal guns used in such incidents is at minimum. Our gun laws are ok, enforcing them would be more effective and would save more lives.

As said before: criminals could care less.
Stollenritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:17 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Got bad in Mexico pretty fast after a similar cop issue.

I dont think any US cops have been set on fire just yet.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riots on the left, protests on the right CM9000 Chit Chat 12 11-15-2016 12:34 PM
A peaceful cruise at the park tuanies Videos! 0 11-10-2016 09:46 PM
Manchester Riots 2011 johnnyh66 Chit Chat 6 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM