Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Scale series calander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Sunday at Lutz 9:00 start. Round 4 of the scale series.
For those that don't know, directions to Lutz here
Hope to see you there.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
We will get started at 9:00. There is no cost for the scale events, but there is an option to donate money to a BBQ/Party fund that will happen after the series is done. Time that really depends on how many show up. I'm thinking of trying something a little different at this event and run the hill climb and time trials first and then finish up with the gated course. The first two events usually go really fast and the gated course is the one that is most time consuming. That way the ones that need to get out of there can do so but running first in the gated run.
Sweet! I've got no time constraints, but ALI might have to be somewhere by 3 or 4, I think. Since he drove me to comps when I had no license I agreed to drive for the next few comps.

I got some angle aluminum to make some easy frame rails, and I'm going to cut a quick chassis drop out of some lexan i've got. This should at least get me running for this weekend.

Are we planning on having any water hazards? If so, I'll need to silicone my elecs to prep them for that.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #123
RCC Addict

There is a creek/drainage ditch that runs through where we're going to be. In most spots it is not very deep, but there is always a chance with water. I'm really not one for getting everything too wet. You can probably count on some water, but usually most of us don't want to go more then axle nut deep. I usually don't set up courses, so when we're there getting set up any input on course design is always welcome.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm thinking of trying something a little different at this event and run the hill climb and time trials first and then finish up with the gated course.
Another question... about the hill climb and time trial.

I can put in either a 27t or 55t motor (since I've still got to build it) with a 19/87 pinion/spur. which would be recommended for the whole day, taking consideration for the hill climb and time trials?

Basically, what is everyone else running sunday?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #125
RCC Addict

From what I know, I think most people run 35/45t motors. I know there are a couple that are running the Traxxas 21t e-maxx motors. As far as gearing goes, I don't think that they strat too much from stock. In my 1.9 I think I got a 16/87 and the 2.2 I'm pretty sure is 14/87 still. Wheel speed is good for those events, but too much seems to hurt you more then just being consistant and not taking any gates.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #126
MODERHATER™

Can I run my rock racer with a 4700 Mamba? Or would it be too fast for technical spots?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Can I run my rock racer with a 4700 Mamba? Or would it be too fast for technical spots?
We actually have a class for a rock racer. I can't remember if your rock racer is a tubed chassis or not, but there have been four of us that have them. Basically only requirements we have are metal tube chassis, drive shafts for now. It's a development type of class and we have been gauging interest and direction that we want to go with it.

If it is not a tube type chassis, then it would go into the normal 1.9/2.2 classes. I know Kris ran his CR-01 with a brushless last year and did ok, but the technical sections did hurt him.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
From what I know, I think most people run 35/45t motors. I know there are a couple that are running the Traxxas 21t e-maxx motors. As far as gearing goes, I don't think that they strat too much from stock. In my 1.9 I think I got a 16/87 and the 2.2 I'm pretty sure is 14/87 still. Wheel speed is good for those events, but too much seems to hurt you more then just being consistant and not taking any gates.
55t it is then...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #129
Gettin’ back on the horse

I wont have my rig ready, but Ill come by and hang out for a bit.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #130
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
We actually have a class for a rock racer. I can't remember if your rock racer is a tubed chassis or not, but there have been four of us that have them. Basically only requirements we have are metal tube chassis, drive shafts for now. It's a development type of class and we have been gauging interest and direction that we want to go with it.

If it is not a tube type chassis, then it would go into the normal 1.9/2.2 classes. I know Kris ran his CR-01 with a brushless last year and did ok, but the technical sections did hurt him.
Im pretty sure he has a couple campbell buggies to run.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Wow! what a good day guys! Thanks for all those that came out today, especially the new guys that made it out for the first time. I also have to apologize for not being prepared for that many people. Next time I will have more timers and clip boards to get people run through and not as much down time for everyone, again I apologize for that.

I can't thank Jeff enough for scoring most everyone today and setting up course. Rodney, Chris and to all those that also helped, thank you.
I also would really like to thank James and the Ryans' for coming over from Grand Junction to run with us today. Long haul for you guys and hope you had a good time.

I will get scores and pictures posted up as soon as I can.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out today.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #132
MODERHATER™

Well dam, that was today? I lost most of the day, my tummy is upset I ope to make a scale comp someday....:-(
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well dam, that was today? I lost most of the day, my tummy is upset I ope to make a scale comp someday....:-(
I was hoping to see you, since your signature does ask if we have scalers.

J/k, hope you start to feel better and can make it to one of the events.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Todd,

Had a great time today Some of those trucks are amazing. It motivated me to keep building. Thanks Jeff for taking score. I bought an RC4wd light set and have a brand new Bronco body in the package. Any good posts or ideas in regards to light buckets for a lexan body?
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
Todd,

Had a great time today Some of those trucks are amazing. It motivated me to keep building. Thanks Jeff for taking score. I bought an RC4wd light set and have a brand new Bronco body in the package. Any good posts or ideas in regards to light buckets for a lexan body?
Check out Big Bird's 4-Runner. He made some simple light buckets out of the lexan scraps leftover from a different body.

Here's the specific post about the light buckets:

4Runner Scale "BigBird" Build

Quote:
It was on the colorado crawling event calendar... :?

Quote:
Wow! what a good day guys! Thanks for all those that came out today, especially the new guys that made it out for the first time. I also have to apologize for not being prepared for that many people. Next time I will have more timers and clip boards to get people run through and not as much down time for everyone, again I apologize for that.

I can't thank Jeff enough for scoring most everyone today and setting up course. Rodney, Chris and to all those that also helped, thank you.
I also would really like to thank James and the Ryans' for coming over from Grand Junction to run with us today. Long haul for you guys and hope you had a good time.

I will get scores and pictures posted up as soon as I can.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out today.

Definitely a fun day, I can't wait to get my body finished and make it to the rest of the events.

Thanks to everyone that made this happen!

Great group of guys here!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #136
RCC Addict

Scores for the day

Course 1 was Hill Climb
Course 2 was Time Trial
Course 3 was Gated
Everyone got there scale points deducted off of there gated course score.
To get the scores I figured out were everyone finished 1 through whatever place and then gave first place 100 points. Each place after that was 5 points less then the one before it.

1.9 overall

2.2 overall

Don't forget that we are dropping one event from the series.
There is only 3 of us that have made it to every event, so our overall scores are higher.
If you keep your scores the way they are and deduct the lowest from JGoodall, RPMJ and Rogue in the 1.9 class the points would be:
JGoodall @ 856
Rogue @ 822
RPMJ @ 793

The 2.2 Class would be:
Rogue @ 880
Jgoodall @ 875
RPMJ @ 850

Thanks again everyone for coming out today and I'll get pictures up later.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #137
[HOONIGAN]

Thanks Todd, Jeff and everyone else, it was an awesome day........ I had a blast and I'm stoked to see all the new faces and the old ones too:-P Thanks to the Grand Juction boys, I think a few of us are planning on making it to a couple of your events.

Last edited by RPMJ; 11-08-2009 at 08:58 PM.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Looks like I was at least consistent in earning 6th in 2.2s... not bad for cardboard and masking tape!

BTW, how do the scale deductions calculate into the scores again?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #139

Default yesterdays scale comp

Great comp, good job monkey. I am surprised your rig did not melt in the water.

Thanks to the guys behind it all, can't wait to be at more of these!

I will also volunteer to judge/time if needed (when I don't have a time constraint)

Thanks!
AliBabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

hey ali....when ya gonna come do some basement wheelin?
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote