RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly 3810 View Post
Do you have directions to Buffalo creek Thanks
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...3db5455c24edca
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #63
Powered by Awesome

I still might be able to sneak away for a bit this weekend - undertermined yet though
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #64
R.I.P. Chip

I am out for sure now, Patrick talked me into going to Oklahoma;)
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I am out for sure now, Patrick talked me into going to Oklahoma;)
That B###%%$tch....:-P
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Looking at the forecast, it's not looking to good. I'll keep watching the weather and make a decision on Wed,Thursday.

I'm also unsure if I really want to keep this series going, with only 3 guys showing up at the last event and no one really showing any interest that they want to make any of the future events. No real point of keeping track of anything if no one shows up.

I'll see what interest there is here in the next few days, if there seems to be no interest I'll see if someone else wants to take the lead, otherwise I'm done.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Looking at the forecast, it's not looking to good. I'll keep watching the weather and make a decision on Wed,Thursday.

I'm also unsure if I really want to keep this series going, with only 3 guys showing up at the last event and no one really showing any interest that they want to make any of the future events. No real point of keeping track of anything if no one shows up.

I'll see what interest there is here in the next few days, if there seems to be no interest I'll see if someone else wants to take the lead, otherwise I'm done.

Sorry to hear this. I was definitely planning on going to the lutz and the daniels park events. Coal creek was just too far for me for a scale comp.

Unfortunately, scalers take a backseat to the comp crawlers around here. I think you need to make the locations more centrally located if you want more people to show up (daniels park, lutz, finishline?)

I know there are at least two guys down here in the springs that would show up to any palmer park comp
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
Sorry to hear this. I was definitely planning on going to the lutz and the daniels park events. Coal creek was just too far for me for a scale comp.

Unfortunately, scalers take a backseat to the comp crawlers around here. I think you need to make the locations more centrally located if you want more people to show up (daniels park, lutz, finishline?)

I know there are at least two guys down here in the springs that would show up to any palmer park comp
Comp Crawlers are 100% the main course, but honestly I would hate to see scalers get that big, comps are taken way to seriouly, look at my day yesterday

At Daniels Park there were 9-10 guys which I was more then happy about.

As far as being centrally located, only Coal Creek one was a ways out, but for me it's close to home. Buffalo Creek was decided after talking to some of the guys. I did not choose that location, after that one was picked the rest were posted. Besides Buffalo Creek is 75 miles from my house, Daniels Park is almost 60, Palmer Park is over 100 miles one way from my house.

I have asked people that have shown up to events where they would like to have events, Palmer Park has never come up, so it was never listed on the locations. You have been the only one from the Springs to show any interest in it, but yet to come to any. I know that you race and have yet to finish your build, and fully understand that life takes priority over playing with toy trucks, but I really don't want to take the time to organize, sort scores and post up about it if no one wants to take part in the events.

Now I have no issue with doing it, I just want to have more then three guys show up for an event, other wise I would canceled it and reschedule for a different day that works for most of everyone. For the last event I knew there are some that were not going to make it, but honestly when there were just 3 of us up there it was more of a gtg then a comp. No one posts that they are planning to come so I have to assume that the normal crowd is going to, when they don't I feel like I'm wasting time.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Default ****location change****

Location change for this weekends scale event. It has been changed to the possibility of bad weather up in Buffalo Creek. It is now what I've named "The Alley". It is located basically at Belview and Broadway in Englewood. For better direction PM or call Jeff (JGoodall) as I have not been there yet.
Hope everyone can make it.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #70
Gettin’ back on the horse

I would be right there with you guys, but I will still be workin on my scaler for a couple more weeks at least.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #71
Rock Stacker

Brad was nice enough to give us the use of his yard for a comp. I'll get some pics so everyone can see what he has built for the scalers.

Been hearing about some builds out there. Anyone have pics of a new project?
Jgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

here's what I was cooking up:

Although it's going to be a couple weeks before it's ready. (Still have lots to do to it.)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Location change for this weekends scale event. It has been changed to the possibility of bad weather up in Buffalo Creek. It is now what I've named "The Alley". It is located basically at Belview and Broadway in Englewood. For better direction PM or call Jeff (JGoodall) as I have not been there yet.
Hope everyone can make it.
SWEET...what a great place. VERY chilled.....Looking forward to it
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Just so there is no confusion and talking with some. This event will be on a Saturday instead of the normal Sundays as some took time off from work to make it up to Buffalo Creek. It is still at Brads house-alley, pm/call Jeff (JGoodall) for direction. We'll meet there at 9:00am.
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I would be right there with you guys, but I will still be workin on my scaler for a couple more weeks at least.
Hoping that you'll make it soon Ty. Your work is always nice, and you'll usually beat on it pretty good. We'll look for you at the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
here's what I was cooking up:
Although it's going to be a couple weeks before it's ready. (Still have lots to do to it.)
Looks good, need to get that thing done and put some scratches on it!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #76
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoodall View Post
Yeah I'll do a build at some point.

Quote:
Hoping that you'll make it soon Ty. Your work is always nice, and you'll usually beat on it pretty good. We'll look for you at the next one!
You sure can count on me for that, Im going for real scale this time, trying to better myself.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #77
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoodall View Post
My CGR Blazer is done and running. My OG Bruiser is all running. My Axial TR is running. I have a new Toyota truggy in the works, it should be sick.

Bad thing is they are all 1.9's.

I need to pull out my wreckluse and build it as a 2.2 scaler.

I'll make it to another scale comp soon, I really wanted to go to BC this weekend.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Looks good, need to get that thing done and put some scratches on it!
I've still got to make a new chassis for it, and figure out where all the electronics are going, and paint it, then I can start beating the crap out of it. (It's a roller now, so I'm already beating on it.)
Oh yeah, and I need to get a winch for it.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #79

Fevorishly working on a scale Tamiya hilux, looking like I may make the event , but, the truck will look like crap. Just going to watch or help anyway I can.
rollover3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #80
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Yeah I'll do a build at some point.

You sure can count on me for that, Im going for real scale this time, trying to better myself.
Looking foward to seeing something. Been a week already and your not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
My CGR Blazer is done and running. My OG Bruiser is all running. My Axial TR is running. I have a new Toyota truggy in the works, it should be sick.

Bad thing is they are all 1.9's.

I need to pull out my wreckluse and build it as a 2.2 scaler.

I'll make it to another scale comp soon, I really wanted to go to BC this weekend.
1.9 is the largest class right now. The SCX made the 1.9 a great starting point but 2.2 is where the rigs start to get creative.

Really wanted to go camping but just couldn't pull enough people to make a comp out of it. Still want to do one more camping trip before to much snow covers the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracear View Post
I've still got to make a new chassis for it, and figure out where all the electronics are going, and paint it, then I can start beating the crap out of it. (It's a roller now, so I'm already beating on it.)
Oh yeah, and I need to get a winch for it.
Put some electronics in and drive it. Scalers never really get finished, always something to change or add to them.
Jgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote