Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
2008 Subaru Impreza STI WRC.
In, thanks for the chance!
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Great pictures Rodney!

Ty great fun, thanks for all the hard work you have put into getting the track set up.

Cool to see your going to make it out to one of these Jason, it's a complete blast!

I finally got a computer again after my last one died last weekend. I do have some pictures from this event as well and will get them posted as soon as I can.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Finally got a little time to get some pictures up.

I was a little disappointed in not taking as many pictures as I usually do, but I guess that will happen when your having that much fun.

Anyways, here are the few that I did get.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #64
Gettin’ back on the horse

This hasn't died in case anyone was wondering. I have been going out there every couple of weeks to work on the track and drive, and 3 times in the last two weeks making a couple additions to the track.

The newest section of the track became over grown, it was to difficult to keep it going and needed a lot of work to get good, so all the efforts of Rodney and myself have been going to the original track and adding on to that. The way the track is set up now it can all be driven from one vantage point.

Here it is as of today.

Adding to the center of the track making the laps a lot longer and adding some good technical turns.

A lot of leaves all over the ground still, but you should be able to make out most of the track.

The 10th scale rally cars and HPI mini trophy trucks are by far the funniest cars to run out there, but the SC10 4X4 is great at grooming the track.

I will be out of town this coming weekend, but the following weekend I will be there if anyone would like to come out and give it a try.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Really wish I had weekends off, I would love to come drive with you guys. The location is just down the road from me too.

Think this would be ok to run?

MT2 chassis with RS4 running gear. Haven't gotten it all together just yet (needs a transmission), but plan on running a simple 27T on 2 or 3 cell.

This thing needs some dirt on it.

Hopefully I can get some time off before too long.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #66
No idea what I'm doing

I was at Hobby Clown the other day and looked for a Lexan Rally body that would fit my Helion Animus. They had a few but nothing close. Does anyone know of a body that will fit this truck? I'd like to try out this Rally thing, but I really don't like the body on the Animus, and I want to blend in better with you guys

Wheelbase is 6.3" and the width is 7".

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 11-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Really wish I had weekends off, I would love to come drive with you guys. The location is just down the road from me too.

Think this would be ok to run?

MT2 chassis with RS4 running gear. Haven't gotten it all together just yet (needs a transmission), but plan on running a simple 27T on 2 or 3 cell.

This thing needs some dirt on it.

Hopefully I can get some time off before too long.
Assuming it doesn't dominate the class I don't see why it couldn't run with the mini trophy trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I was at Hobby Clown the other day and looked for a Lexan Rally body that would fit my Helion Animus. They had a few but nothing close. Does anyone know of a body that will fit this truck? I'd like to try out this Rally thing, but I really don't like the body on the Animus, and I want to blend in better with you guys

Wheelbase is 6.3" and the width is 7".

That is a good question, the Traxxas fiesta body's wheelbase is about 8 inches, but right at 7 inches wide. Also the Tamiya M series bodies are around the same dimensions.

Im not sure which bodies are around that wheel base, maybe try ebay?

You are welcome to bring it out and play on the track and see if this type of racing is for you, we can throw you in some class when the time comes until you decide you want a rally car, mini trophy truck, or something similar.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

i was thinking the hpi mini cup car bodies but they are 210mm-225mm wheelbase. a bit too much.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #69
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
...we can throw you in some class when the time comes until you decide you want a rally car, mini trophy truck, or something similar.
What's a good example of a mini trophy truck? Didn't even know those existed. I like the Rally cars too, but I think I'd like a trophy truck better. How many people drive them?

edit: I just found this:

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103034/

This looks like fun...would it be allowed?

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 11-07-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
What's a good example of a mini trophy truck? Didn't even know those existed. I like the Rally cars too, but I think I'd like a trophy truck better. How many people drive them?

edit: I just found this:

::HPI RACING:: - RTR MINI-TROPHY

This looks like fun...would it be allowed?
The HPI Mini Trophy Truck is what the what everyone runs. I tried using a 1/16 slash and the HPI was better for the size of the track. Also this is the class that most want to keep as a "stock" class and only real upgrades the steering servo and ESC so you can 2 cell lipo. You also can ditch the stock radio They also have been allowing adding the additional shocks to the rear suspension.

You found it while I was posting. Only thing is HPI upgraded this kit to come with a brushless system. I know that most that are in this class want to keep it a low cost class and want to run the HPI 15t motor. I think most places have these kits still around and are like $180-200 shipped.

Last edited by Rogue; 11-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #71
PapaGriz Yo

Here you go Juan. We gonna get these?

Yokohama Version
TowerHobbies.com | 106546 HPI Racing 1/12 Desert Trophy Truck 4WD EP RTR

Original TSA version
TowerHobbies.com | 103034 HPI Racing 1/12 Mini-Trophy Desert Truck 4WD RTR
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

You should! I love mine. I cooked the stock motor pretty quickly and went to a titan 12 turn. That just died on me after a couple months and a lot of driving. I will be getting another 12 turn titan, it works really well in this car. But with this type of track and several other people with the same trucks the slower speed is actually a lot of fun with all the door rubbing that is going on.

I forgot to mention at the last race we had I think we had seven of these trucks. It was a lot of fun, very relaxed and did I mention fun?

I highly recommend the HPI Mini Trophy Truck
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #73
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Here you go Juan. We gonna get these?

I have one, but I want this one.

Last edited by jason; 11-07-2011 at 07:44 PM.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

That body should be out soon!

I can't wait that is sexy!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #75
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
After I saw that body I started thinking of getting one of these just so I could run it.
Dead sexy!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #76

Quote:
After I saw that body I started thinking of getting one of these just so I could run it.
Dead sexy!
I hope you, Juan, Jason and everyone else do make it out some of these events, they are a lot of fun and a ton of laughs.

I have a couple different cars if anyone wants to take them for a test drive.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #77
PapaGriz Yo

To be honest I totally forgot about it. Juan was showing me the pics this morning and I'm excited to get something going for this.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #78

Quote:
To be honest I totally forgot about it. Juan was showing me the pics this morning and I'm excited to get something going for this.
Well if it helps persuade you even more there are some good water and rock obstacles right next to it for the crawlers, plus a really fun scale spot about 5 minutes away.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #79
No idea what I'm doing

You guys are going to make me go broke

Ok, since there are about 7 people with the HPI, if Chris gets one then I will too. I was talking to Clint last night, and maybe I can convince him to get one as well.

Honestly I don't have any interest in dumping a ton of cash into this truck, so stock is fine with me. If we can upgrade to run 2S, that would be great, but I'm fine with everything else being left alone.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

when you guys going to be doing this? i have a mini slash that i could run. once i decide to bash up the body that is on it.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote