Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Interest in Rally?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Sweet!!! Now I can't wait, mine should be here tomorrow.
Lookes like the wheels are 2.2, I've got some tires I made for my Slash that should work well.
They are standard TC sized 1.9's.

I was looking into these when they first came out, and I'm now kicking myself for buying a brushless monster truck instead of one of these, although the MT is pretty fun, these look like they would be much more fun.

Tower does have the "easy pay" option on these, but it looks like it's only $15 off $150 unless someone has a different code for the $25. That makes it 3 $60 payments.

I just ordered the last parts to get the Rally Truck running, but will be working Saturday. I might try to stop by the track next Wednesday to check it out and try out the truck.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 11-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #142
PapaGriz Yo

HPI says they are 2.2 and last I knew Juan had 1.9's on the Hilux. In the pic the wheels look bigger than the Hilux wheels.

I'll find out for sure tonight. I just got word from my daughter that a big box from Tower arrived.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #143

Ready to rumble

Jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #144
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
Ready to rumble
Sweeeet! The grey and orange looks great. How did you get orange wheels?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #145

Quote:
Sweeeet! The grey and orange looks great. How did you get orange wheels?
Painted with the same paint I used to paint the body. So far, so good
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #146
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Painted with the same paint I used to paint the body. So far, so good
I was looking hard for a clue that you painted them but they looked perfect, like they were molded in orange. Nice work.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #147

Quote:
I was looking hard for a clue that you painted them but they looked perfect, like they were molded in orange. Nice work.
They look good in the pic but have their flaws. Can't wait to get some more dirt on them Went to the track after the swap meet and burned a pack. Track has a lot of potential.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #148
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Got home from the hospital, and it was on my doorstep. This thing is cooler than I thought. I guess I was thinking it would be smaller and cheaper feeling, but I'm surprised by the size and heft. I can't imagine the tires lasting more than a few hours though...they feel pretty hard. And I'm pretty pissed about one of my running light stickers being put on crooked.

Those are functional light buckets, just pop the fronts off. They are super solid, add another pair of shocks to the rear and its ready to go!

The stocks tires actually last quite some time. I really don't have any wear on mine after 15+ 3800mah battery packs.

Quote:
HPI says they are 2.2 and last I knew Juan had 1.9's on the Hilux. In the pic the wheels look bigger than the Hilux wheels.

I'll find out for sure tonight. I just got word from my daughter that a big box from Tower arrived.
They are indeed 1.9. But you got to keep the stock tires on, it keeps the field level. The mini trophy trucks are really the do not modifiy class, plus I promise with how tight the track is they don't need anything.

Rig is looking great Chad! Leave it to you to have a fancy paint job.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #149
GJM
Rock Stacker

Can someone pm me with directions to the track. I do not think I will have a car but want to come watch and hang.

Gary
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #150
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
The mini trophy trucks are really the do not modifiy class, plus I promise with how tight the track is they don't need anything.

We're allowed to swap electronics right? I plan to run 2S, and want to put my spare BR-XL in there. I also don't want to poke out someone's eye, so I want to put my spare 3PM-X receiver in there. I'm leaving the stock motor in until it burns. I can live with keeping everything else stock, but plan to wear those tires out quickly at the "North Boys Top Secret Trophy Truck Test Facility"
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #151
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Can someone pm me with directions to the track. I do not think I will have a car but want to come watch and hang.

Gary
I got you covered Gary.
Would be great to have you out and I have some rigs you can test drive.

Quote:
We're allowed to swap electronics right? I plan to run 2S, and want to put my spare BR-XL in there. I also don't want to poke out someone's eye, so I want to put my spare 3PM-X receiver in there. I'm leaving the stock motor in until it burns. I can live with keeping everything else stock, but plan to wear those tires out quickly at the "North Boys Top Secret Trophy Truck Test Facility"
Oh yeah, just stock motor (or close) and tires are the big ones. Tires I guess are not super critical, but should go for something the same size.

I run 2 cell lipo, a Savox servo, spektrum receiver and sidewinder ESC in mine. I did burn out my stock motor after ten packs but just went to a 550 can 12 turn titan, almost identical speed as the stock 540 can 15 turn.

Dialing in the suspension locking diffs and all that is fine as well, just want to keep the speed and traction similar with all the rigs for now.

If down the road everyone wants to make it an open class we can do that.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #152
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
They look good in the pic but have their flaws. Can't wait to get some more dirt on them Went to the track after the swap meet and burned a pack. Track has a lot of potential.
Can't wait to see it in person Chad.
Quote:
plan to wear those tires out quickly at the "North Boys Top Secret Trophy Truck Test Facility"
Oh yeah!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #153
GJM
Rock Stacker

Just pay pal-ed a guy for a TT-01. Hoping that it gets here before Saturday. Either way I will be down to check out the track and catch up with you guys.

What tires are people running? Any suggestions on a body and who has them in stock here in town.

Looking forward to it!

Gary
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #154
No idea what I'm doing

I got notice that my batteries just shipped....doubt they will be here before the end of the week

So I just bought one at Hobby Clown Going downstairs to start swapping parts right now.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #155
Rock Crawler

so im guessing i need to snap the trx rally together for saturday...havent gotten the pro up yet...hope you guys dont mind the go kart
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #156
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Just pay pal-ed a guy for a TT-01. Hoping that it gets here before Saturday. Either way I will be down to check out the track and catch up with you guys.

What tires are people running? Any suggestions on a body and who has them in stock here in town.

Looking forward to it!

Gary
I ordered the HPI 4470 because that's what Tower had in stock. Once I find the HPI 4471 I will order them.
::HPI RACING::

From the pics it looks like most guys are running the Tamiya rally tires.

I took a quick look at HT west when I was down there and didn't see a rally body, but I might have missed something.

Be good to see you Gary.

I took the Mini Trophy out for a test drive today. Except for the broken front bumper (broken in the box) it's working great and I can't wait to run it on Sat.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #157
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
So I just bought one at Hobby Clown Going downstairs to start swapping parts right now.
ARRRGHHHH!!!! I HATE THIS STUPID HOBBY!!!!!

Guess what just showed up on my doorstep. I'm soldering on more deans right now. Oh well, at least I'll have plenty of juice to practice with.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #158
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:

I took the Mini Trophy out for a test drive today.
Are you running the stock electronics still?

EDIT: Also for anyone else running the Trophy Truck...does your right rear hang further down than the left? I thought I was imagining it until I put the belly on a flat surface with the tires just off of the table. The right side hangs down further than the left.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 11-16-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #159
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
ARRRGHHHH!!!! I HATE THIS STUPID HOBBY!!!!!

Guess what just showed up on my doorstep. I'm soldering on more deans right now. Oh well, at least I'll have plenty of juice to practice with.
I might buy it from you. All I really have are two 4500 7.2v NiMh cells from Cody's Wheely King.
Quote:
Are you running the stock electronics still?

EDIT: Also for anyone else running the Trophy Truck...does your right rear hang further down than the left? I thought I was imagining it until I put the belly on a flat surface with the tires just off of the table. The right side hangs down further than the left.
Running it all stock for now. The slipper clutch was really loose when I tested in the basement. After running today it's still a bit loose but running good. It's not stupid fast but it's fast enough and handles great. Once I tighten the slipper some more it should accelerate faster.

I have not noticed the right side drooping more. I'll check it tonight though.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #160
R.I.P. Chip

Those of you with the HPI Trophy trucks, MAKE SURE you tighten your wheels. My TT has less than half a pack through it, spun a wheel hex in less than 5 mintues.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote