Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2010 Rules Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

The wheel weight thing was discussed, and ultimately it was decided impossible to know the weight of every wheel out there, and we did not want to eliminate any thing by accident.

as for the tube bed, truggy thing, it is important to note, you do not have to have a spare, that rule was written as a rule of thumb for size. We did not want someone to build what amounts to a very small tube rear section, and try to pass it off as a truggy
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post

you would get a front bumper, sliders and exo. It does not look like that rear bumper attaches to the frame anywhere.
Thanks, sounds fine with me....

Rear bumper attaches to a bracket at the back of the frame...just can't see it in those pics.....

Quote:
• Winching / Rescue , you +2, get help +10 (a winch point is received each time a winch hook is anchored.) * see below *

• Winching:

- if you use YOUR winch on YOUR truck, +2 , each time the hook is anchored.
- if someone winches you or tow straps you , Rescue +10, each time the hook is anchored.

Winching question....if using another truck as only a point to winch from...is that considered a "rescue" or "help" and a +10?

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 01-04-2010 at 11:30 AM.
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #43
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I don't really see a good place to post this so....

How can someone become involved with the creation of these rules for 2011?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The wheel weight thing was discussed, and ultimately it was decided impossible to know the weight of every wheel out there, and we did not want to eliminate any thing by accident.
Makes sense. Unless this rules is exploited (hopefully it won't be) then I agree that it would be fine as-is.

Quote:
as for the tube bed, truggy thing, it is important to note, you do not have to have a spare, that rule was written as a rule of thumb for size. We did not want someone to build what amounts to a very small tube rear section, and try to pass it off as a truggy
Understood and I agree with your concerns. Can a tire fit if it's been "deflated", i.e. no foam and is forced to conform to surrounding tube work in order to fit?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just about to start on this build and want to have the whole rig's vision put together before I begin working.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
Thanks, sounds fine with me....

Rear bumper attaches to a bracket at the back of the frame...just can't see it in those pics.....

Winching question....if using another truck as only a point to winch from...is that considered a "rescue" or "help" and a +10?

hey josh, its considered a +2 on that. we are going to change to this winching format.
ggooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I kinda see where most of these rules are designed to keep everything ''scale'' spirited but i have to ask another question.

Never being into 1:1 crawlers i had to look around. I see more than a few trail rigs that just dont run a bed at all (its just the frame rails with some ghetto trailer lights hanging off the back, LOL). I'm planning a killer backhalf for my 6x6 but i was just curious where rigs like this would stand?
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Makes sense. Unless this rules is exploited (hopefully it won't be) then I agree that it would be fine as-is.

Understood and I agree with your concerns. Can a tire fit if it's been "deflated", i.e. no foam and is forced to conform to surrounding tube work in order to fit?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just about to start on this build and want to have the whole rig's vision put together before I begin working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
I kinda see where most of these rules are designed to keep everything ''scale'' spirited but i have to ask another question.

Never being into 1:1 crawlers i had to look around. I see more than a few trail rigs that just dont run a bed at all (its just the frame rails with some ghetto trailer lights hanging off the back, LOL). I'm planning a killer backhalf for my 6x6 but i was just curious where rigs like this would stand?
The idea of "big enough to hold a spare flat" was to keep the bed area scale to the build.

if you run a 4 inch tire, then your bed area must be 4inch x 4 inch, same if you run a 5.5 inch tire and so on.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
The idea of "big enough to hold a spare flat" was to keep the bed area scale to the build.

if you run a 4 inch tire, then your bed area must be 4inch x 4 inch, same if you run a 5.5 inch tire and so on.

So if i make mine a tank carrier can i use the tank to get me back on course? (just kidding)

Ok cool, as stated i've never really been into competing with scalers but it sounds like so much fun now my head is just busting out ideas.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #49
Say hello to my dactylion

Just some questions/suggestions to clear a few things up a bit. This is directed to those that are on the Scale Nats rules committee. Any “guessing” by others will not be helpful. I can guess at stuff myself.

Street Class & Trail Class Sections

• No wheelbase limit- wheelbase must 'fit' vehicle concept/body.
• Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.

These two points contradict each other a bit. Buy fitting in your wheel wells you may not “fit” with in the vehicles concept. Such as with flat fender and/or a comp cut rear. I understand the rule… but the contradiction may confuse some. Maybe it could say: • Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells of the concept/body

Scale points Section
5. Interior (lexan cover -1, w/half driver -2, 3D Interior -3, with action figure
human driver " atleast 75% of body " ( -5)

A bit confusing to me. I think it is trying to say that when a driver is used you have to have at least 75% of the figure left to receive the -2 driver points. (So no torso/leg less drivers allowed). Is that right? If so maybe it could read: 5. Interior; lexan cover -1, 3D Interior -3, driver added -2, (Driver must be a human driver with at least 75% of body remaining.) Max of ( -5)

15. Drivetrain Accessories: 3D engine, exhaust, fuel cell, hitch, mud flaps " must have atleast 2 "

Could be confusing… …mud flaps " must have atleast 2 “ Does this means must have two mud flaps or you must have at least 2 drive train accessories to get an accessory point? Assuming that you mean the first option it should read; 15. Drivetrain Accessories: 3D engine, exhaust, fuel cell, hitch, mud flaps (one pair)

Al in all this looks great guys… good job with the rules. I know personally that rules can be brutal to nail down. That’s all for now.

Disclaimer: If I have offended anyone by this post tough sh!t. If I haven’t, next time I’ll try harder.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
Just some questions/suggestions to clear a few things up a bit. This is directed to those that are on the Scale Nats rules committee. Any “guessing” by others will not be helpful. I can guess at stuff myself.

Street Class & Trail Class Sections

• No wheelbase limit- wheelbase must 'fit' vehicle concept/body.
• Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.

These two points contradict each other a bit. Buy fitting in your wheel wells you may not “fit” with in the vehicles concept. Such as with flat fender and/or a comp cut rear. I understand the rule… but the contradiction may confuse some. Maybe it could say: • Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells of the concept/body
The wording here is odd, I'm sure that's from combining the new and old rules, the idea is to make sure the tires are some what in line with the wheelwells of the rig, as in stretched is ok, but the back of your tire shouldn't be outside of the body. Not sure if there is a better way to word that.

Quote:
Scale points Section
5. Interior (lexan cover -1, w/half driver -2, 3D Interior -3, with action figure
human driver " atleast 75% of body " ( -5)

A bit confusing to me. I think it is trying to say that when a driver is used you have to have at least 75% of the figure left to receive the -2 driver points. (So no torso/leg less drivers allowed). Is that right? If so maybe it could read: 5. Interior; lexan cover -1, 3D Interior -3, driver added -2, (Driver must be a human driver with at least 75% of body remaining.) Max of ( -5)

Lexan interior is the only way a 1/2 driver will get points

3d interior must have 3/4 driver.

Quote:
15. Drivetrain Accessories: 3D engine, exhaust, fuel cell, hitch, mud flaps " must have atleast 2 "
Quote:

Could be confusing… …mud flaps " must have atleast 2 “ Does this means must have two mud flaps or you must have at least 2 drive train accessories to get an accessory point? Assuming that you mean the first option it should read; 15. Drivetrain Accessories: 3D engine, exhaust, fuel cell, hitch, mud flaps (one pair)
2 mudflaps
Quote:
Al in all this looks great guys… good job with the rules. I know personally that rules can be brutal to nail down. That’s all for now.

Disclaimer: If I have offended anyone by this post tough sh!t. If I haven’t, next time I’ll try harder.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #51

Quote:
Lexan interior is the only way a 1/2 driver will get points

3d interior must have 3/4 driver.
5. Interior (lexan cover -1, w/half driver -2, 3D Interior -3, with action figure human driver " atleast 75% of body " ( -5)

Ok it could be that it is Monday after a big holiday but... To get ANY points for my 3D interior I MUST have a driver? Or is it, IF I use a driver in a 3D interior it has to be 75%, and I do not get any points for adding a driver in a 3d interior, just that a 3D interior must include a driver to receive points?

Currently it is kind of worded so that I NEED a driver with a 3d interior in order to get any points for that interior.

Is the ( -5) 3d interior with a driver or Max or ( -5)

I think all of this is just a matter of correct punctuation & correct formating, really, that is so confusing for me.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Lexan interior -1
Lexan interior with half driver -2

3d interior -3
3d interior with 3/4 driver -5
Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Nice job Andy.....do you have the day off?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Nice job Andy.....do you have the day off?
Yeah, and nothing better to do, getting snowed on, and all my builds are waiting on parts
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #55
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
I don't really see a good place to post this so....

How can someone become involved with the creation of these rules for 2011?
You need to be in a club that has an active scale comp series such as UT, OR, Or WA, then we prefer that the rules member is someone heavily involved in club decision making and event running.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #56
www.team3sixrc.com

Matt am I still making the straps for this? that should help keep them tires locked in without an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles View Post
I have a question.

• If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the Scale Nationals Committee members.
• A tubed bed must have a Functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds).

I don't have a tailgate or a floor, and if it's considered a tube bed a spare won't fit laying down. Unless I put it on top. Is this OK? If not what needs too be changed?

team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Was it decided if there will be a cc-01 class or not? If so, what are the rules for that?
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
Was it decided if there will be a cc-01 class or not? If so, what are the rules for that?
I think that was passed on in favor of a different event to be named later
Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #59

Quote:
I think that was passed on in favor of a different event to be named later
RC battleships.. YEAH!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-E1...eature=related
Old 01-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #60
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
RC battleships.. YEAH!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-E1...eature=related
I have been thinking about building one of those for a little while, but maybe we can put a spin on it.
They have to haul your crawler to the shore.

Start with the crawler on it and try to get it to the shore and through a course. Your rig sinks to the bottom and cant be driven you lose.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote