Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #1761
Quarry Creeper

So I wanted to ask here before I went and fried my rx's I have the r604fs and just wanted to make sure running 3 cell lipos is ok with it?
laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #1762
RcBros Hobbies

Your rx is typically supplied power by a bec or your esc.

If that is what you are also doing then yes, 3s is fine.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #1763
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Winch Setup

****Attention Stage3 winch owners******
You must change your servo mode to "normal" instead of the default "high speed" to control the Stage 3 winch!!!!

This thing is very adjustable and can run a winch in many different ways.
I would program one of the dials to a multi step adjustment. The more you have the finer detail you will be able to adjust in spool speed.

I would personally set it between 20 and 50 step rate.

Here is how I would do it:

Go to the Systm menu and set DISP-SEL to SRV-VIEW

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

Next go to the DIAL menu and set one of the dials to channel 3 (or 4). For this example I will say DL3 to CH3 (this is the dial on top of the remote).

Then scroll over and change DL3 from "2 / NOR" to "30 - NOR" (this is the where I was saying the 20-50 range)

Now your winch will have variable speed

Good luck
I followed this set up for a servo winch and I'm having a small problem. Is there a way to increase the deadband? The dial is very sensitive in the center to stop the winch from spooling one way or another.
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #1764

So I recently got a LCC and a Futaba 4pl and set it up following the Losi Crawler guide on this thread. Everything works except when I engage the throttle forward or reverse the wheels don't move but I can hear the motor trying to move. The dig also moves but it seems like it only moves to 2 different positions shouldn't there be a 3rd (1 for front dig/1 for rear dig/ and 1 for 4WD)?

Also the wheels on the LCC will not turn/spin when everything is off, they are locked up. Is this normal?

It has a Epic 21t motor and a Goat 3s(properly linked to transmitter).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #1765

Correction to post above:

Now that I look at it closer the dig does have a middle (or third) position. the difference between middle and fully rearward is shorter than middle and fully forward. I guess that is normal?

Still having the issue with the wheels not turning as explained above.

Last edited by Joe226; 01-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #1766

Problem solved. Exposed the pinon and spur gears to find that they were about 1/4'' apart.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #1767
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe226 View Post
So I recently got a LCC and a Futaba 4pl and set it up following the Losi Crawler guide on this thread. Everything works except when I engage the throttle forward or reverse the wheels don't move but I can hear the motor trying to move. The dig also moves but it seems like it only moves to 2 different positions shouldn't there be a 3rd (1 for front dig/1 for rear dig/ and 1 for 4WD)?

Also the wheels on the LCC will not turn/spin when everything is off, they are locked up. Is this normal?

It has a Epic 21t motor and a Goat 3s(properly linked to transmitter).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Quote:
Correction to post above:

Now that I look at it closer the dig does have a middle (or third) position. the difference between middle and fully rearward is shorter than middle and fully forward. I guess that is normal?

Still having the issue with the wheels not turning as explained above.
Quote:
Problem solved. Exposed the pinon and spur gears to find that they were about 1/4'' apart.
LCC is a worm drive correct? If so, it's "almost impossible" to spin the wheels against the worm drive.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #1768
dMb

Can you help me with this, hopefully is not me losing it

I have set-up my 4PKS with my XR10 using 2FX-R escs, the radio is programmed according to set-up video for mixing for the xr10

at first I noticed that when switched on and I pulled the trigger the wheels where moving backward on the front ( lets ignore the back wheels for now) I checked the radio and the servo position for channel 2 is (norm) so nothing there… then I thought I would recalibrate the esc so I followed the instructions for the FX-R it finds neutral then goes to finding full throttle but when I pull the trigger nothing happens it cant find anything and is just waiting so I push it into reverse it then find it (what it presumes is full throttle) then it waits for me to push it into reveres so then I pull the trigger and is finds reveres but that should be full throttle it seems the setting in the radio is wrong way round!?

by the way the cables to motor are connected correctly (M+ is going to red side of the motor and M- to black side).

any one seen this before? Is there some setting I have missed? Or should I ask what have I done wrong?
dMb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #1769
Pebble Pounder

Harley, my quick question is how can i set program mix 1 and program mix 2 to BOTH mode act (ON)? my program mix 1 is mode act (off) and program mix 2 mode act is (on)? any way to make the mode on both of them act on? thanks.
inline6power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #1770
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
Harley, my quick question is how can i set program mix 1 and program mix 2 to BOTH mode act (ON)? my program mix 1 is mode act (off) and program mix 2 mode act is (on)? any way to make the mode on both of them act on? thanks.
If you are referring to the dual ESC setup then they don't need to both be on. Just set it like I have it on the instructions and run with it. It's the most efficient method.

If you are just talking in general, than the on and off is just ran by your toggle switch. Every time you hit the button it will change the on and off setting.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #1771
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
If you are referring to the dual ESC setup then they don't need to both be on. Just set it like I have it on the instructions and run with it. It's the most efficient method.

If you are just talking in general, than the on and off is just ran by your toggle switch. Every time you hit the button it will change the on and off setting.
Think you misunderstood me. When I turn my radio on I only have front wheel drive because program mix 2 is off by default. I want 4x4 when I turn the radio and then click off front or rear drive. Right now I always have to click program mix 2 when I first turn the radio on to get 4x4. Any way to have 4wd set to on as standard then click 8t off as desired

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #1772
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
Think you misunderstood me. When I turn my radio on I only have front wheel drive because program mix 2 is off by default. I want 4x4 when I turn the radio and then click off front or rear drive. Right now I always have to click program mix 2 when I first turn the radio on to get 4x4. Any way to have 4wd set to on as standard then click 8t off as desired

No, you will always have to enable the mix when you turn the radio on.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #1773
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Got ya. Wasn't sure if there was a way to have it enabled by default. Thanks a million for the quick help bud. Appreciate it

Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #1774
I wanna be Dave

Question for the man...Harley

I did this set-up:

Winch Setup

****Attention Stage3 winch owners******
You must change your servo mode to "normal" instead of the default "high speed" to control the Stage 3 winch!!!!

This thing is very adjustable and can run a winch in many different ways.
I would program one of the dials to a multi step adjustment. The more you have the finer detail you will be able to adjust in spool speed.

I would personally set it between 20 and 50 step rate.

Here is how I would do it:

Go to the Systm menu and set DISP-SEL to SRV-VIEW

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

Next go to the DIAL menu and set one of the dials to channel 3 (or 4). For this example I will say DL3 to CH3 (this is the dial on top of the remote).

Then scroll over and change DL3 from "2 / NOR" to "30 - NOR" (this is the where I was saying the 20-50 range)

Now your winch will have variable speed

Good luck

I got the servo to work...but my issue is when I turn my transmitter on and plug the battery in the winch starts to spool. I have to stop it with the DL3 dial. I don't run an on-off switch. This is a 3pk and R603FS rcvr...it's a HeyOK servo winch. If I leave the transmitter on and unplug the battery and plug it back in it doesn't do it. How can I get it to not do it initially??? Thanks in advance Harley
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #1775
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That seems to suck. I don't have to do that on my hacked GT3B, my son does not have to do that on his 4PL.

Is this something that can be addressed in a firmware update?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #1776
I wanna be Dave

REF: Post #1774

Nothing ??? Anybody got any clues ??? I'm stumped
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1777
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
REF: Post #1774

Nothing ??? Anybody got any clues ??? I'm stumped
So are you using a HeyOK controller with it?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1778
I wanna be Dave

yes I am...

thanks for getting back to me Harley
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1779
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
yes I am...

thanks for getting back to me Harley
If the display for the channel is centered then there really isn't anything the radio can do differently. That is something happening in the servo controller. Sounds like an odd feedback or something.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #1780
I wanna be Dave

I did notice that the display indicated +100 for the ch3 in the servo view...but I couildn't get it to go back to zero. I'll have to look into it again when I have my transmitter in front of me. I'm at work

I believe that's it....not sure how to adjust the ch3 to zero though...

thanks Harley

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM