Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #841
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
I turned on mixing mode, but it doesn't change anything for me. EPA only affects the ch2 ESC. I'm still using the v1 software. Would this be the reason?

Tomi
The EPA's you need to set for each channel. The curves will apply though. Old software would not effect that.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #842
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The EPA's you need to set for each channel. The curves will apply though. Old software would not effect that.
Thanks guys!

All problems solved.

Last edited by Tomy; 02-26-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #843

Default Oh, the irony...

Just bought a 4pl here in Japan. Paid $280 which seems like a little (maybe a lot) over what most guys can get them for in CONUS, but it seems like it's out of stock everywhere and with the shipping here via USPS, it probably would have cost me about the same anyway (plus I got to take it home right away vice waiting 2 weeks ).

Anyway, I LOVE this radio over my POS I had hooked up to my Berg, but here is the irony or ironies...

The radio is a B010 ser # so it needs the update. Call the LHS and they were clueless. Called Futaba CORPORATE headquarters in Osaka and *they* also had not heard about the "update", but like all good Japanese customer service reps he took my info and promised to call me right back.

About 10 min later, he calls back and asked where I got the information of the software update, so I told him the internet. The he tells me that he had to call an upper level executive (whom was also surprised) that I had this information! What!?

Anyway, I told him the essentially the whole freakin' world who had any interest at all in the Tx was aware of this update since OCT thanks to Harley. He goes on to explain that the Japanese market is *just* gearing up to offer this service to customers, and it wasn't quite ready for prime time.

So there you go...the global market has expanded so fast that now companies have *no* clue what's going on in their own back yard...thought y'all might get a kick out of the info.
Konish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #844
Quarry Creeper

Default 4pl trigger adjustment

I tried to adjust the trigger to be more like 50/50 than the factory 70/30. As per the manual I can get the whole trigger to move forward and backwards but the 2.5 screw that is supposed to move the netural point dosnt move a thing. It may be messed up but it's a new radio never adjusted anything. What is happening is I set it up on my LCC first and when I go into reverse it's to jumpy I could get used to it but didn't know if I could adjust the trigger for more reverse movement. I will be setting up my xr10 once I get my gears but didn't know if I need to send it back again (firmware update) to check this out. Thanks
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #845
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konish View Post
Anyway, I told him the essentially the whole freakin' world who had any interest at all in the Tx was aware of this update since OCT thanks to Harley. He goes on to explain that the Japanese market is *just* gearing up to offer this service to customers, and it wasn't quite ready for prime time.

So there you go...the global market has expanded so fast that now companies have *no* clue what's going on in their own back yard...thought y'all might get a kick out of the info.
Even though I worked with the engineers in Japan to get the update done sometimes everything doesn't really get spread around. The US market is really what controls the crawling related items and the Japanese don't always know what is going on. I am just glad they do what we ask them even if it takes a lot of translation.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #846
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
I tried to adjust the trigger to be more like 50/50 than the factory 70/30. As per the manual I can get the whole trigger to move forward and backwards but the 2.5 screw that is supposed to move the netural point dosnt move a thing. It may be messed up but it's a new radio never adjusted anything. What is happening is I set it up on my LCC first and when I go into reverse it's to jumpy I could get used to it but didn't know if I could adjust the trigger for more reverse movement. I will be setting up my xr10 once I get my gears but didn't know if I need to send it back again (firmware update) to check this out. Thanks
Just put some expo in your reverse curve. I don't think there is anything wrong with your radio.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #847
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Harley. I will mess with the expo ,end point , and mmp settings settings to smooth it out but isn't the radio supposed to be able to move the neutral point on the trigger to be 50/50 forward/ reverse. Radio it self is great. But the 2.5 screw in the front either comes out or goes in and hits the trigger. Just wondering if it was suppose to move the trigger like it says in the manual if not I'm ok with it if so it will need to be looked at. Thank you again love the radio so far.

Last edited by Gso125; 03-01-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #848
Rock Crawler

I have a question for you Harley. I just got my 4pl, I bought it used. It doesn't have much use on it and looks new still. I asked the previous owner if it had the software update. He told me he didn't know, so I am assuming that it does not have it. I have only messed with it a little bit, and my xr isn't 100% together yet so I can't test it fully. So how do I tell of it has been done or not?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread. I'm using my phone and didn't read every page. Thanks in advance.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #849
20K Club

Just go to the video I have posted and see if you are able to program the dual ESC option to a switch rather than only PS1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
I have a question for you Harley. I just got my 4pl, I bought it used. It doesn't have much use on it and looks new still. I asked the previous owner if it had the software update. He told me he didn't know, so I am assuming that it does not have it. I have only messed with it a little bit, and my xr isn't 100% together yet so I can't test it fully. So how do I tell of it has been done or not?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread. I'm using my phone and didn't read every page. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #850
Quarry Creeper

Just brought the radio to the hobby shop and they looked at it and we figured it does not have the ability to mechanically move the trigger for a more 50/50 split like my traxxas radios. The screw in the manual was for stopping or limiting the trigger from moving in reverse. I put in some expo and it took away most of the jumpiness and I got my answer and feel better I didn't mess something up on the radio. Thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #851
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just go to the video I have posted and see if you are able to program the dual ESC option to a switch rather than only PS1.
Thanks Harley. I'll check it out when I get home to a real computer.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #852
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Just brought the radio to the hobby shop and they looked at it and we figured it does not have the ability to mechanically move the trigger for a more 50/50 split like my traxxas radios. The screw in the manual was for stopping or limiting the trigger from moving in reverse. I put in some expo and it took away most of the jumpiness and I got my answer and feel better I didn't mess something up on the radio. Thanks

Having similar problems with quick reverse. What is this "expo" you talking about. What settings in the radio is it in
dusty sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #853
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty sweep View Post
Having similar problems with quick reverse. What is this "expo" you talking about. What settings in the radio is it in
In the throttle menu I went up into throttle 2 menu and in expr I put in -17 and also in expf i put in -20 to calm it down a bit on the jumpiness. This is my first crawler setup so I need to get a feel for it and may need some more adjusting as I go.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #854
Rock Crawler

Quote:
In the throttle menu I went up into throttle 2 menu and in expr I put in -17 and also in expf i put in -20 to calm it down a bit on the jumpiness. This is my first crawler setup so I need to get a feel for it and may need some more adjusting as I go.
most of the guys around here use an expo of closer to -60 for both F(forward) and B(brake/reverse)

that makes it butter smooth.
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #855
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rry View Post
most of the guys around here use an expo of closer to -60 for both F(forward) and B(brake/reverse)

that makes it butter smooth.
Thanks I will give those higher settings a try and see how it works.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #856
Pebble Pounder

Location: The Dirty Dirty, A-Town, ATL, The A, Hot-Lana, ATLANTA GEORGIA

Quote:
Yup, thats all you need to do
I was able to adjust my throttle curves with the Hotwire and take the "jumpy" reverse symptom away. I'll have to look into the 4pl settings when I get a chance
mrdrinksalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #857
Quarry Creeper

Using some expo makes mine alot smoother also, I was kinda worried about it having an effect on how fast my rig built wheelspeed for full throttle launches. It seems to be fine though.
LEADFOOT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #858
Quarry Creeper

Does anybody know what the max voltage is for the rx?
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #859
Rock Crawler

look at the 1st post in this thread
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #860

Hello,

I'm a proud 4PL owner from Belgium
I've read through the whole thread before I bought this radio, I wanted to know what I was going to buy. But I have still one question. The update, what does it change to the transmitter besides offering more options for the dual ESC programming? I have bought a B010 version, so I don't have the update. But I don't know if I really need it...
Zjeraar is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM