Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off

well i got a new DX4C a few days ago to replace my DX3E and one of the issues i am having is my settings for switch assignments dont seem to be getting saved into the model memory.

i can set switch A for aux 1 3p and switch B for aux 2 3p, now regardless of whether i do this before or after binding if i turn my radio off and then on again my switch assignments end up going to default of INH even though i have set them countless times for this model memory.

now have i missed something or have spektrum changed how things should be saved per model memory and just decided to really not be clear about it at all in the very basicly detailed manual??

then on top of that my account summary page for spektrum where i get told if there are new firmware updates tells me that there is in fact a firmware update for the DX4C but do you think i can download it or find the "download" button it tells me to click to get the newer firmware.

does anyone else that decided to get a DX4C have these issues at all? or with similar new spektrum radios.

ive been a spektrum user/fan since pretty much the beginning but this is really &#$%*&! me off and its probably going back to the store next week if horizon hobby/spektrum dont respond back to email offering advice/info/solutions.
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off

well now its doing it all the time with the srs4210 not just the sr300,no matter what it wont save the switch assignments for aux channels or trims, so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #3

I am having the same issues with my DX4C regarding the switch settings not being remembered. Any luck on a fix for this?
Java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i ended up getting it to work after many hours of binding and rebinding the same rx over and over, i think i also at one point wiped the model memory and then copied over one of the newer unused locations over into its place just to make sure everything was default then set all my initial settings and bound, now its ok with both my receivers and seems to behave now.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #5

I'm having the same issue with a dx4c that I just purchased. I found that it only clears the switch data on the model that I'm using when I power it down. I've bound several times, guess I'll try binding it a few more times.
texas4x4hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #6

Same issue with mine, won't keep the switch setting. Also web site says there is a firmware update to click below, but nothing happens when clicking on the update button.

I may just take mine back instead of trying to rebind several times.
JKMICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

in the end for me i think it was a case of :

resetting the model memory

copying a blank unused memory location over the one i had been using and just reset, an extra measure that everything is over written to default

bind tx and rx

adjust switch assignments

bind again

power down both then turn on and check switches

i think i had to do this several times then for some reason it just started working ok again.

since then i have been able to bind another rx and change switch setup and it keeps them.

apparently their is no firmware update download, its an error with their site, or at least thats what they told me.

i did have a complain about the problem it was having and the fact that all they reallly wanted to do was fob me off somewhere else.

maybe it does have a bug that they need to do a firmware update for so email them and let them know.

aside from that initial headache im enjoying the radio now its working right.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #8

Sorry for the bump and not to start another thread with a similar topic.

I have the same issue with my DX4C on my wraith. Switch settings go to inhibit when I turn the transmitter back on. Tried everything, even the above posters solution and still the same thing.

I emailed Spektrum (twice) and finally got a response:
Quote:
"From your description, we feel that the best solution is to send the unit in for Service. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. "
Question im asking is should I send it in? Because I paid $140 with 2 AVC receivers (wanted because waterproof, don't need AVC for rock crawling) and I expect my product to work as advertized.
Other than shipping costs, IDK if the service for the item is free or not.

Or sell it on eBay as I sell items there anyway and use the profit to buy a Futaba radio? I would highlight the issue with the transmitter. I do like a 4ch that's affordable to control my lights and eventually a winch or rear steering.

Last edited by Brickman; 02-12-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

it took me 2 months!!!! to get a response from the incapable people at spektrum/horizon, the issue is firmware related and they even told me that they are working on a firmware update but with no release date.

needless that was in november and again in december when i chased them back up, and no supprise as yet of anything from them.

if its a firmware issue which they state then their really shouldnt be any need to send it in as thats the whole point of the SD card slot on the radio as with any other spektrum TX.

i have also come across others in my area that have been having this issue and spektrum/horizons lack of getting this fixed is getting to the point now i think where we need to look at gathering as many dx4c users info as possible and looing at a class action lawsuit, we have paid for a faulty product and the manufacturer has been made aware of the issue and not done anything to fix it.

i program microchips and understand the whole saving settings to eeprom, most of my circuits i make for our local guys have the option of altering settings to suit and saving those settings to always work in that way until changed by the user.

its not that hard to fix but clearly they cant be bothered to even attempt.

i would love to start a class action suit but have not got the faintest idea how to get one going here in canada for a cross the border dispute, but if i ever see or hear of one already being started by a p*$$ed of customer ill be joining it as well.

tony
Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #10

Well crap i just found this thread after starting a new one about this... i guess im not the only one having this issue.

This really blows and what i dont understand is how can it effect some but not all?
Dajeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Has anyone found a solution yet? I was able to finally get my winch to stay programmed on aux 1, but then I added a snow plow that articulates with a servo and it would only work on aux 1 and I moved my winch to aux 2. And now I can't save any switch positions, even if I go back to just running my winch on aux 1
Cowboy6080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Have you tried copying a blank model to the one you use and starting over?

I'm also curious what receiver are people with this problem using?
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

In my case it was a SR300WP

Not tried it with the stock 4ch RX yet
SilmarilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

mine is with the srs4210 and sr4200, the issue is the model memories themselves not saving the assignments, i stopped using memory 1 as that was the one that kept doing it for me, so far its behaving
Old 03-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I have 5 cars hooked up to my dx4c. I had some initial setup issues, but no problems after I reset it the first time, 6 months or so ago.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I have tried copying a blank model, I can save my model, and all my settings except switch assignments. It always goes back to inhibit. I am using the srs4210 that came with the radio

*I just tried copying a blank model again, and it worked..... No idea why it wouldn't before*

Last edited by Cowboy6080; 03-29-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy6080 View Post
I have tried copying a blank model, I can save my model, and all my settings except switch assignments. It always goes back to inhibit. I am using the srs4210 that came with the radio

*I just tried copying a blank model again, and it worked..... No idea why it wouldn't before*
Dont use model 1 go to 2 or higher it worked for me
Dajeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajeepman View Post
Dont use model 1 go to 2 or higher it worked for me
Yeh I had always tried from model 1-5 today I copied model 20 and it worked flawlessly
Old 03-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

When you copied the model over what was the first thing you did? I'm wondering if there is a process that is causing this otherwise how would only some people have it and others don't? After setting the channel are you scrolling up to the back button or are you long pressing the scroll wheel to go to the main menu? It could be something little like that
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novarider View Post
When you copied the model over what was the first thing you did? I'm wondering if there is a process that is causing this otherwise how would only some people have it and others don't? After setting the channel are you scrolling up to the back button or are you long pressing the scroll wheel to go to the main menu? It could be something little like that
I kept pressing the back button until I got to the main menu, then powered down, and as soon as it powered down I powered it back up and everything was saved

DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS-GT3B front button assignments Captain Ron Electronics 1 04-28-2013 10:09 AM
Night crawler cuts power to motor under bind? Huss666 Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 11-16-2009 01:51 AM
Need a power switch...help! Nelstrodomous Electronics 2 06-11-2009 11:15 PM
switch wiring for power, do u switch - or + toy4crawlin Electronics 3 09-09-2008 04:59 AM
loss of power when in bind??? swaugh Electronics 41 12-30-2006 12:11 PM