Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #41

Default Re: Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Talk to Castle about the cloned 2650 motors, many identifiers between the two. Was told that they were made on same line, just a different "shift" (vendor).... that said SOME vendors actually QC the stuff before packaging , that is more costly

Hang up and Drive
Wait who told you that?

QC is everything. Good companies inspect more often and hold themselves to higher standards. Crap companies inspect little or have lower standards.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Rumor mill told me these cheap castle motors on amazon are a batch of motors that were involved in a warehouse fire and could possibly have water damage..
cinnabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

About 4 articles and a couple of YouTube videos.
Castle is supposed to inspect all......

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabun View Post
Rumor mill told me these cheap castle motors on amazon are a batch of motors that were involved in a warehouse fire and could possibly have water damage..

As long as the smoke is still in !

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Good thing there water proof motors. Lol
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Talk to Castle about the cloned 2650 motors, many identifiers between the two. Was told that they were made on same line, just a different "shift" (vendor).... that said SOME vendors actually QC the stuff before packaging , that is more costly

Hang up and Drive
I'm not aware of any imitation castle sensored motors yet. They've been copying the others for a few years now.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:09 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Yeah you can pick up unsensored 1512s right now for $40 shipped on eBay. I figure these are the first of the unauthorized sensored motors to hit US retailers. They're the same product. I've seen it first hand. I bought the genuine article and my friend bought the $40 version from eBay. We tore them down, identical, we ran them side by side in identical new trucks, identical performance. Packaging was the same, there was nothing that set these motors apart from each other besides the fact that my friend had an extra $100 in his wallet.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Yeah you can pick up unsensored 1512s right now for $40 shipped on eBay. I figure these are the first of the unauthorized sensored motors to hit US retailers. They're the same product. I've seen it first hand. I bought the genuine article and my friend bought the $40 version from eBay. We tore them down, identical, we ran them side by side in identical new trucks, identical performance. Packaging was the same, there was nothing that set these motors apart from each other besides the fact that my friend had an extra $100 in his wallet.

You helped keep Americans working tho.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:29 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

See the differences, minor but real

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 02-25-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Exactly! This is the problem with American companies making everything in China then marking them up 300% or more. Because China follows no rules and uses prison labor, they take the same products right off the same assembly line and throw them up on eBay or Amazon for a marginal profit. They have nothing to lose. When it says in huge bold etching right on the back of the can "made in China" I have no guilt about buying the exact same product for 1/3 the cost.
As long as you don't expect a warranty, trash the company they ripped off, or sell to someone that thinks its the real deal. Then I say to each their own. But I would rather pay the money to the people who put their heart and time into designing and keeping an honest business going be it a U.S, German, or Chinese company. I have a strong dislike for anything stolen.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

As far as we know, there is no counterfeit versions of the sensored motors on the market yet. When you guys get the cheep motors, please post pictures of the motors and everything that came in the box, I'll be able to determine if they are genuine from that.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
As far as we know, there is no counterfeit versions of the sensored motors on the market yet. When you guys get the cheep motors, please post pictures of the motors and everything that came in the box, I'll be able to determine if they are genuine from that.

Color of boxes and weird name on the wires ?

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So Im assuming you guys aren't filling the order to amazon?

Screamer, have you got yours yet? When you do, let us know if it comes with the usual stuff from castle.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Look at the first post, these have been cheap on amazon for a while...

Had a sensor wire, black foam, quick setup sheet in the box.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Beno View Post
As long as you don't expect a warranty, trash the company they ripped off, or sell to someone that thinks its the real deal. Then I say to each their own. But I would rather pay the money to the people who put their heart and time into designing and keeping an honest business going be it a U.S, German, or Chinese company. I have a strong dislike for anything stolen.
I wouldn't do that because I have character. If I buy cheap and it fails, lesson learned. I'll also make sure to spread the knowledge that, although they look the same they are inferior quality. My issue right now is that is not the case at all. The unauthorized motors are performing just as good and lasting just as long as the genuine motors that are three times the price. You see what I'm getting at. I can buy a quality motor and a quality spare and still save $50 over buying genuine. It makes zero sense to spend more money when you're getting much less of a return on your investment. I buy quality period. If I can get it for a third the price, you bet your ass I'm going to take the better deal. No one in Olathe is going to be eating ramen for the rest of their lives because I and others do so. Truth is, if I can't buy a castle motor for less than $150 I'm going to buy a Holmes anyway. I know where those are made and I love supporting a homegrown company this way. Buying "legit" from Castle still sends too much money to China. I'm going to do my part to reduce that amount as much as possible. I'm all about supporting a US company but I'm not going to overpay so that US company can exploit China and myself at the same time.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Look at the first post, these have been cheap on amazon for a while...
Looks like the fun is over, the cheapest price on Amazon now is $152.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #57

Quote:
About 4 articles and a couple of YouTube videos.
Castle is supposed to inspect all......

Hang up and Drive
Links?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
I'm not aware of any imitation castle sensored motors yet. They've been copying the others for a few years now.
We're saying they're NOT imitations or clones. They are directly off of the same manufacturing line.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The unauthorized motors are performing just as good and lasting just as long as the genuine motors that are three times the price. You see what I'm getting at. I can buy a quality motor and a quality spare and still save $50 over buying genuine. It makes zero sense to spend more money when you're getting much less of a return on your investment.
I dont care if it's a stolen design, idea, or item it's still stolen no sugar coating that.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Links?

We're saying they're NOT imitations or clones. They are directly off of the same manufacturing line.

Watch the video..... the lettering on the wires is the give a way

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Default Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors

This is about the sensored motors right?
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle creations sensored 1406 w/ mamba x? Tchabot Axial RR10 Bomber 21 03-14-2017 08:04 PM
Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors BarHarborBasher Electronics 123 02-11-2017 08:11 PM
Castle Creations Sensored motors !! BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 26 02-08-2017 07:41 PM