I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors

Correct.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors

The non sensored 2650 is a clone , I've seen both.

IF the Chinese vendor IS cloning, copying , or whatever, time will tell.

Amazon has increased the price, I'm still on B/O, waiting patiently

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Watch the video..... the lettering on the wires is the give a way

Hang up and Drive
I was on Tapatalk and didn't see the links. I do now so I'll check them out. Thanks.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Castle solely own and run their motor manufacturing in Asia and clones from other companies copying their product(or trying to).Their is a link from another forum where they even show the build address,so it`s clear what is internet rumor and or misinformation
jcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Beno View Post
I dont care if it's a stolen design, idea, or item it's still stolen no sugar coating that.
So you're saying Novak is the only one in the right to sell brushless motors and Castle, Tekin, Holmes, leopard, trackstar, Gool, Hobbywing, etc are all thieves? Price gouging is price gouging, no sugar coating that. I'm not trying to argue with you or get you to save money if you lose sleep about it. I saw a good price for a motor on Amazon and shared the wealth without guilt or shame. If you want to pay list price because it makes you feel like a better person, Godspeed. I'm going to keep loooking for the best deals on quality parts and share when I can. I take the positive approach to helping others.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #66

I always have to laugh when consumers blindly defend companies. Companies don't care about you. They care about money.

Gone are the days when companies offered products at fair prices with low profit margins. These days profit margins are out of control. Do the companies care that they're price gouging? Hell no. They care about the bottom line.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If prices were more reasonable, clones wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't be so prevalent.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
So you're saying Novak is the only one in the right to sell brushless motors and Castle, Tekin, Holmes, leopard, trackstar, Gool, Hobbywing, etc are
Price gouging is price gouging, no sugar coating that. I'm not trying to argue with you or get you to save money if you lose sleep about it. I saw a good price for a motor on Amazon and shared the wealth without guilt or shame. If you want to pay list price because it makes you feel like a better person, Godspeed. I'm going to keep loooking for the best deals on quality parts and share when I can. I take the positive approach to helping others.
I have never seen any of them sell a motor with another's name on it saying it a real one.
That's fine I'm not saying the castle you got is or will be a copy. Buying a copy or knock off from someone saying it's a real deal if it's not is shady. Price gouging that's good guess the people that put the time into the countless hours of design and testing don't need to get paid. Guess you guys never have to pay worker's or insurance, ect, ect. I feel fine paying any good company if I can't afford their price I wait till I can or get cheaper from a real company no shame in that.

Last edited by 351Beno; 02-25-2017 at 08:13 PM.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Anyone get their motors yet?
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Anyone get their motors yet?
Not yet, hoping soon so I can beat the piss out of it. For some reason I treat less expensive purchases with great disrespect. Sometimes the results are impressive and other times I'm glad it was cheap. I love durability testing.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #70

Quote:
I have never seen any of them sell a motor with another's name on it saying it a real one.
That's fine I'm not saying the castle you got is or will be a copy. Buying a copy or knock off from someone saying it's a real deal if it's not is shady. Price gouging that's good guess the people that put the time into the countless hours of design and testing don't need to get paid. Guess you guys never have to pay worker's or insurance, ect, ect. I feel fine paying any good company if I can't afford their price I wait till I can or get cheaper from a real company no shame in that.

You missed SCREAMER's point. If this is what you got from his statement the point went way over your head.

Do you understand profit margin? People at companies get paid. All of their insurance and benefits are covered. All of the R&D and manufacturing costs are covered. Money is invested back into the company. The rest is for padding the pockets of the higher ups in the company. It's not the average Joes making bank from profit margins. So basically you are saying you are fine with giving CEOs more of your money. Cool!
Old 02-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

You missed SCREAMER's point. If this is what you got from his statement the point went way over your head.

Do you understand profit margin? People at companies get paid. All of their insurance and benefits are covered. All of the R&D and manufacturing costs are covered. Money is invested back into the company. The rest is for padding the pockets of the higher ups in the company. It's not the average Joes making bank from profit margins. So basically you are saying you are fine with giving CEOs more of your money. Cool!

I would swear after reading this you were a Bernie Guy, not a Trumper.

Did you take any business courses ???
Did jah ever hear of STOCKHOLDERS
A great reason for not going public

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

So the price is to high for you so it's got to be a high profit margin. got it
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I would swear after reading this you were a Bernie Guy, not a Trumper.

Did you take any business courses ???
Did jah ever hear of STOCKHOLDERS
A great reason for not going public

Hang up and Drive
Trump was the best option. It doesn't mean I agree 100% blindly with him or the Republican party.

I've been taking business courses since junior high and ending in college. I've worked in sales. It doesn't mean I agree with price gouging and out of control profit margins.

When did Castle become a public company?

Quote:
So the price is to high for you so it's got to be a high profit margin. got it
Wow! Yep, that's it. It's obvious you've never worked on the other side where you see profit margins.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-25-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Wow! Yep, that's it. It's obvious you've never worked on the other side where you see profit margins.[/QUOTE]

You run your mouth about stuff you have no clue about. I see both sides of it and I can tell you it's not always gravy. You always sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Last edited by 351Beno; 02-26-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

There is no doubt that because it has the castle brand on it and that ugly green can the price is bumped up. Don't be blind people.. compare the prices of when castle first started with the mamba line.. I could afford a brushless system as a high school kit working a part time job. Now I work full time and find forking over the money for castle stuff a bit crazy. The same can go for all the name brands. Believe me.. we're paying a nice margin for stickers and engraving to show brand support.
cinnabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #76

Quote:
Wow! Yep, that's it. It's obvious you've never worked on the other side where you see profit margins.

You run your mouth about stuff you have no clue about. I see both sides of it and I can tell you it's not always gravy. You always sound like you have a chip on my shoulder.[/QUOTE]
Yep! Me has no clues 'bout nuthin.

You can keep your gravy and I'm certainly not putting chips on your shoulder.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Wow. Pretty sure Castle isn't running a 501(c)(3) here.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabun View Post
There is no doubt that because it has the castle brand on it and that ugly green can the price is bumped up. Don't be blind people.. compare the prices of when castle first started with the mamba line.. I could afford a brushless system as a high school kit working a part time job. Now I work full time and find forking over the money for castle stuff a bit crazy. The same can go for all the name brands. Believe me.. we're paying a nice margin for stickers and engraving to show brand support.

So why is Holmes priced the same ?

I still remember Sunoco 280 at 28.9 per gallon.

From most business plans the reason for pricing is apparent.

Sorry but profit is not wrong, it is the rewards for taking risks.

That IS the American way, I had products I sold at 600% markup.... that allowed me to sell the higher end products at a teeny margin to turn stock and keep customers.

If you don't own a retail storefront, where does your vast knowledge come from ??

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You run your mouth about stuff you have no clue about. I see both sides of it and I can tell you it's not always gravy. You always sound like you have a chip on my shoulder.
Yep! Me has no clues 'bout nuthin.

You can keep your gravy and I'm certainly not putting chips on your shoulder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that post got a little messed up. The point is you spout off on stuff all the time and sound like the world owes you something. Castle products maybe higher priced then they where before cost of business goes up people get paid more, taxes go up, material's cost more i could go on and on. The extra price is not always profit. I see both sides of it running a small business which I don't own mind you. We get under cut all the time and have to find ways to stand out to keep and make customers. But to be fine buying from someone that is selling a fake where the name is not even changed I can't believe someone would recommend them to others.

Last edited by 351Beno; 02-26-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #80
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
I always have to laugh when consumers blindly defend companies. Companies don't care about you. They care about money.

Gone are the days when companies offered products at fair prices with low profit margins. These days profit margins are out of control. Do the companies care that they're price gouging? Hell no. They care about the bottom line.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If prices were more reasonable, clones wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't be so prevalent.

Can't wait until my company can forget about customers! Boy, that will be the day! In the mean time I'll continue scraping along with outrageous profit margins that seem to only afford silly "customer service " and R&D. But I suppose I did finance myself a used car a few years ago, living pretty fancy with that 4 cylinder station wagon hauling my kids dontcha know. Might even get a few pairs of shoes this year.

clones are clones. They always have cheaper materials for that low price. Any company that gives a real go at engineering soon learns why the prices are where they are. Want a $80 4 pole brushless motor with support? I can make one, but it won't run as cool, it will fade more, it won't be waterproofed, the sensors will jitter at lower temps, materials will have half the temp rating, etc. Ive full assed enough motors, maybe it's time to sell some half ass motors like every other cheapie. All the loud folks don't seem to notice the difference anyway. Who needs Japanese laminations and bearings when the Chinese can make them for half price? They will even lie and call them Japanese if ya want!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle Creations New 1512 Sensored motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle creations sensored 1406 w/ mamba x? Tchabot Axial RR10 Bomber 21 03-14-2017 08:04 PM
Castle Creations NEW lineup if Sensored motors BarHarborBasher Electronics 123 02-11-2017 08:11 PM
Castle Creations Sensored motors !! BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 26 02-08-2017 07:41 PM