Thread: Mamba Firmware V2.02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #261
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mamba Firmware V2.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
is this the case for just the summit?
just picked up a mamba x and castle sensored motor for my twin hammers. i am using a tactic ttx300 3 channel tx and only a 3 channel rx. with this setup, can i get full drag brake in low gear and miniml to none in high?
It depends on the servo used and the way the linkage is setup. The Traxxas TRX-4 works perfectly with just a splitter, but the summit requires a splitter and a signal reverser.

I don't know if the Twin Hammers requires one or not, we don't have one at the office so I can't test it out.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #262
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
It depends on the servo used and the way the linkage is setup. The Traxxas TRX-4 works perfectly with just a splitter, but the summit requires a splitter and a signal reverser.

I don't know if the Twin Hammers requires one or not, we don't have one at the office so I can't test it out.
Ive got a Hitec hs 225mg servo in the third channel. And I believe the tactic can be set reversed for the shifting. I am just not sure what settings to setup in the mamba

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #263
Rock Stacker

I just made a video about the new mode available in this firmware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlbpfjHuG6k

I *think* everything I said in it is correct but if anyone wants to confirm that would be great. Hopefully it will help eliminate some confusion
dweano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #264

So now that we have the race/crawl option is there any way we can set two different throttle and brake curves for race and crawl independently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #265
Quarry Creeper

Can somebody explain how the adjustable drag break setting works.
Using MambaX, gt3c w/aux set up on the 3rd channel. Drag break setting is 40% on esc which is generally the minimum I run on my lighter crawler. If I use the 2pos switch it goes from enabled to completely disabled. If I use the trim switch it seems to make no difference.

Essentially what I’m looking to do is be able to adjust my drag break up in 10% increments or so.

I’m usually able to figure this stuff out but the description talks about throttle milliseconds and I’m at a total loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #266
I wanna be Dave

My guess is -100 is 1.1ms and 100 is 1.9ms. and it should be vairiable, so zero is 50% drag brake. but some how these settings are tied to the brake settings in the basic tab.
Try setting esc drag brake to 0 or 100 and see if it makes a difference.
What radio are you using? Are you sure of the aux ch settings on that?
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:48 PM   #267
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
My guess is -100 is 1.1ms and 100 is 1.9ms. and it should be vairiable, so zero is 50% drag brake. but some how these settings are tied to the brake settings in the basic tab.
Try setting esc drag brake to 0 or 100 and see if it makes a difference.
What radio are you using? Are you sure of the aux ch settings on that?

Gt3C. I guess what I don’t fully understand is what the drag break has to do with throttle position as it describes in the aux advanced settings. Currently I do have the 3rd channel mapped to a 2 pos switch but it could (maybe) figure out how to map the 3rd channel to one of the 3pos switches.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 PM   #268
I wanna be Dave

I don't know that remote, so this is all guessing.

is the 3 position switch momentary or does it does it lock into each position, I would guess it is momentary. each time you you click that momentary 3ch trim, it moves the neutral position only a small amount. you can possibly program it to travel in larger increments. this should be the switch you use to adjust the drag brake

If you remapped ch3 trim to do what your doing, then I don't know what your doing. because it looked like it was already set at default to do the proper thing. just in tiny increments.

but you need to know what signal as in (+100 or -100 forward or reverse%) is being sent on ch3 to know if the aux on the mamba x is working properly or not.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 09-17-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #269
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
I don't know that remote, so this is all guessing.

is the 3 position switch momentary or does it does it lock into each position, I would guess it is momentary. each time you you click that momentary 3ch trim, it moves the neutral position only a small amount. you can possibly program it to travel in larger increments. this should be the switch you use to adjust the drag brake

If you remapped ch3 trim to do what your doing, then I don't know what your doing. because it looked like it was already set at default to do the proper thing. just in tiny increments.

but you need to know what signal as in (+100 or -100 forward or reverse%) is being sent on ch3 to know if the aux on the mamba x is working properly or not.

Thanks. I like the Gt3c but have found the hacked version to be very complex. Most of the features I’ve figured out through trial and error. I do believe it is set as momentary so maybe it’s a matter of changing the end points to to something like -50,0,+100 and then set the castle drag break to what I’d like the maximum to be (corresponding with the +100 end point.)

Old 11-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #270
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbiv View Post
So now that we have the race/crawl option is there any way we can set two different throttle and brake curves for race and crawl independently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This would be awesome. Having either no drag brake and then crazy drag break without fine tuning is frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
This would be awesome. Having either no drag brake and then crazy drag break without fine tuning is frustrating.

You can configure the ESC to have a variable drag brake as long as your transmitter has a variable channel. On my trucks my aux channel is tied to the rotary pot on my transmitter, so I have full adjustability on the drag brake from 100% all the way down to 0%. I have it set so that below 10%, the ESC transfers from fwd/reverse to fwd/brake/reverse and it works beautifully.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #272
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
You can configure the ESC to have a variable drag brake as long as your transmitter has a variable channel. On my trucks my aux channel is tied to the rotary pot on my transmitter, so I have full adjustability on the drag brake from 100% all the way down to 0%. I have it set so that below 10%, the ESC transfers from fwd/reverse to fwd/brake/reverse and it works beautifully.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #273
I wanna be Dave

Does anyone have a Monster X installed in their Traxxas UDR, if so could you share your Castle link settings with me? Thanks
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #274
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
That's a cool feature that I haven't seen! How did you program that last part, switching the brakes / reverse mode?
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #275
Quarry Creeper

Nice features!
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:46 PM   #276
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
That's a cool feature that I haven't seen! How did you program that last part, switching the brakes / reverse mode?

Thats using the Rock race/crawler mode, this allows you to pick a crossover point that once your below (the drag brake value/percentage) the reverse mode changes from crawler reverse to a delayed reverse great for occasional bashing or faster crawlers.

It is a really cool feature.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-11-2019 at 03:14 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Mamba Firmware V2.02 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
castle firmware update1.46 JesterSpec Axial Yeti 7 12-19-2014 08:33 AM
Sidewinder Micro firmware dextan22 Electronics 6 04-18-2013 02:00 PM
Castle Firmware skid plate Electronics 2 01-11-2011 10:23 AM
Glitching with New Castle Firmware EXW Electronics 16 01-24-2010 07:56 AM