Notices

Thread: Copperhead cutting out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Copperhead cutting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Lots of people have the copperhead and have problems lots of people don't. I'm not willing to risk or give any more money to Castle so I'm done with them. It seems people are now having problems with the micro X2. I am having issues with the micro X2 Castle gave me as a replacement for the copperhead. It stalls after using full throttle on 4s. It just randomly stalls on 3s like the copperhead. I have a friend who's going to try the MicroX2 in his RC and see how it works for him.
If Castle ESCs are having issues and their solution is to "use a 5000mha pack" instead of addressing the issue then yea, I will also avoid them. There is absolutely no reason to have to use a pack that large on a crawler which already pulls very little amps compared to every other platform. And no other ESC seems to have this "limitation". They clearly have a defect that Castle does not want to acknowledge.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2022, 01:24 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I feel for y’all regarding this esc, and it really pisses me off hearing the BS excuses that Castle is giving. I have one in my modded TRX4 Tactical “Sport” paired with a Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 2200 V2 and a Powerhobby 729MBL servo at 7.4v. Mine has worked flawlessly so far on 1500 3s lipos. I’m very curious what the heck happened that so many are having issues with these and why Castle is ***** footing around the issue.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

im alittle disapointed in all you mudder truckers you guys have colectively hacked just about everything rc so far
youall are making your own escs some of you make motors and all kinds of varius controlers
whatz the hold up on the copperhead hack lol
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:28 PM   #64

I have had good and bad luck with them. 1 never has given me issues. One had cut out on me in a comp. Not sure why. I have the on off plug cut off and soldered together and all my connections were tight.
Njeffs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:45 PM   #65

I re-open this thread for an update: it's clear that Castle has some production problem with this ESC! One year ago, I bought a C10 from Amain, and it has begun to casually cut out... now Castle has sent to me another Copperhead 10, and it has exactly the same behaviour of the first one!
guido_owl is offline   Reply With Quote

Copperhead cutting out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just a Copperhead JK 58_Willys 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 10-27-2018 02:13 PM
Cutting a Cutting Board BJoe Tools, and Procedures 37 12-22-2009 12:34 AM
Copperhead rckcrawler Newbie General 24 04-07-2008 07:20 PM
cutting tranny when cutting bottom of chassis off... dieselfuel Newbie General 1 02-23-2006 08:10 PM