Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Strange TX / ESC Interaction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Strange TX / ESC Interaction

My ol' Bronco used to have the stock brushed set-up, which I swapped out for the Spektrum 2300KV Firma brushless system.

With the stock radio (Spektrum DX3) the brushless system was always very smooth in all driving conditions.

I recently switched the radio to a Spektrum DX5C I picked up used in a local trade. With the DX5C the throttle control feels a bit odd. It's still smooth off the line. But once the truck starts moving forward at a low speed, the throttle seems jumpy. It's like the truck thinks it's moving too fast, tries to slow itself down, and then speeds back up. It continually operates in that cycle so the truck is constantly slowing down and speeding up. It's especially pronounced when the truck is going downhill.

My throttle input stays the same. My drag brake is set to 100%. My RX is the Spektrum SR515. I was running the SR315 previously, and the only difference is that the SR515 has two more channels. I have AVC disabled via the TX, but I don't think the RX is AVC capable anyway.

I've fiddled with adjusting the expo, and throttle response speed with no difference.

Anyone ever seen a problem like this with the DX5C, and fixed it?
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2023, 04:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Strange TX / ESC Interaction

I had a similar experience with my DRX4 pro. When I bound a firma 40a, everyone of the profiles was acting up, steering and throttle issues. I had to delete every profile and rebind and calibrate all of the profiles. Everything has been fine since. The firma is in profile 1, thought it might have been a compatibility issue with an older radio. I run an assortment of RX, 210, 410, 415, 515, and the firma.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Strange TX / ESC Interaction

Thanks. I deleted the profile, re-bound and calibrated. Fortunately I only had one model bound to this radio.

That seems to have sorted it out on initial, front yard testing.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Strange TX / ESC Interaction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange receiver and ESC behavior xplan303ex Traxxas TRX-4 5 10-11-2019 08:51 PM
Strange motor/esc issue. Help please. indysand Electronics 8 06-22-2014 04:15 PM
Strange problem with Duratrax Sprint ESC thetechie01 Electronics 4 04-16-2011 09:41 PM
strange sound from esc or drivetrain??? madmaxxed General Crawlers 11 03-19-2008 12:57 AM
Chassis Mount Servo (steering/articulation interaction) Lurker General Scale Talk 8 05-15-2007 02:14 AM