Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux Berg Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #1461
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: Dlux Berg Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Go or no go?
Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Same here!
Once I got used to sticks I could never go back to pistol...

That's one funny looking setup for the servo!
I'm tempted to try it on my bully since you say that there's an improvement in servo strength.
I think it would really help on the B2 since it seems their biggest issue is the short knuckle arms. That is a result of the geometry changing too quickly and in the wrong directions.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #1462
Rock Crawler

In my case, Bully v1 with your tubes.
But I had to make another hole on the knuckle making it "shorter" and also run a short tie rod...

Sorry for the hijack...
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #1463
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thats the exact situation that I was in with my sporty and it forced me to look at things differently. Only problem I can see with your setup is that maybe you tilted the servo too far forward? It might make it so the servo horn is too high when turned around?
Old 11-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #1464
Rock Crawler

Can't really answer that at the time.
I wont be able to try it until mid December... I'm Stuck at work, far away from the toys.
It's something I will try, for sure, and if I manage to make it work I'll post on my topic.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #1465
Rock Crawler

hello!!!! Happy New Year everybody,,,
I bought a pair off superlites used from a guy and I have troubble finding the right spot for the rear upper linkmount,,I am missing one carbonfiber piece that makes the linkmount about 1.5mm narrower than it`s supposed to be,,,
I cant make the rear links connect in the middle off the chassis,, it is offset by maby so mutch as 12-15mm,,
do this have anything to do with the performence off my rig,,or does it just look very spupid when one link is coming right on and the other is almoust forced into position by the linkmount,,,??
I know I am missing the one carbonfiber piece that is supposed to be into the rodends off the links,,,I only have the first piece that is mounted into the gearcase and the plastic piece who is ment to go beween these two carbonfiber pieces so maby I can make one out off lexan maby,,,
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #1466
Rock Crawler

hello,,,I need one new rear linkmount,,,
I`ve been on youre website, and this is sutch a small item that I wouldnt consider that you had only the upper rear linkmount to the superlites axels,,
I only missing one off the carbonfiber pieces,,the one that is supposed to be on the outside off the linkmount,,I have the inner,and the plastic/delrin middle part,,just missing the end part,, how mutch will this cost??
I want to buy a set off wheels from you at the same time,,
to send a carbonfiber piece that weighs about 0.5g would be to bad,,want the v cut spoken in carbonfiber....
PS,,I have the loaded dize weighs,,,so I need wheels that the weights will fit inside...
Old 03-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #1467
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Non twin stick users might want to leave now... LOL.

The twin stick kills it when it comes to the ultimate control. The major downside is being able to use the twin stick which, IMO is 10x harder than a pistol type. The best way I have put it is: The twin stick is better but you are not.

My biggest problem with the twin stick, (Futaba 6ex in specific) is the dig function and how the right stick (rear motor) is controlled while in dig and while in mixing (4WD). Lets see if I can explain all this so it makes sense.

If I am in dig and I am using the right stick to drive my rear motor at 50% and say the left stick that is driving my front motor is at 50% everything is great until I go back to 4wd and it mixes. If I keep both sticks at 50%, it now mixes the right stick in so now I just went from 50%-50% to 50%-100%, my rear motor freaks out and is now going 2x as fast as the front. The numbers are not dead on, just play along as far as that goes.

So, this has always been a major problem for me and caused a lot of issues. What I figured out recently is that you can flip your dual rate switch (d/r) and change the amount of mixing. Thats great and all but now you have to flip your d/r and dig at the same time?! WTF? So, my fix was that I took the radio apart and moved the d/r wires so they tie in with the dig switch. Then, all you have to do is go into your d/r and EXPO menus and change Ch2 for both d/r and EXPO. You will have to play around with these but its pretty easy once you drive it and change them. Also, keep in mind that you will see other settings for Ch1 and Ch4. Make sure these are where you want them no matter if your d/r is on or off. I have never realized this in the past so sometimes I may have accidentally had my d/r switch ON and it could have changed my steering on accident. Whoops! Lots to pay attention to.

Now, if I hit my dig, it also changes my d/r at the same time so, lets go back to the above scenario
With the new radio mod, if I am in dig and have my left and right sticks at 50%-50% then I go back to 4wd, now they are still at 50%-50%.

Hopefully that was not too complicated and it helps some other people out. It was my one MAJOR problem with this radio and now its fixed. Now, I just need to practice more because its in my head that I have to be super careful that I cant go back to 4wd when twin sticking a line! Its going to be hard to unlearn.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #1468
Rock Crawler

I think I understand what you did there but...
You should have video it before and after!!

I also use twin sticks and I think that once you change and realize the advantages you will never go back!
(Besides you can get a very cheap radio that works with 2 ESC...)
Old 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #1469
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Non twin stick users might want to leave now... LOL.

The twin stick kills it when it comes to the ultimate control. The major downside is being able to use the twin stick which, IMO is 10x harder than a pistol type. The best way I have put it is: The twin stick is better but you are not.

My biggest problem with the twin stick, (Futaba 6ex in specific) is the dig function and how the right stick (rear motor) is controlled while in dig and while in mixing (4WD). Lets see if I can explain all this so it makes sense.

If I am in dig and I am using the right stick to drive my rear motor at 50% and say the left stick that is driving my front motor is at 50% everything is great until I go back to 4wd and it mixes. If I keep both sticks at 50%, it now mixes the right stick in so now I just went from 50%-50% to 50%-100%, my rear motor freaks out and is now going 2x as fast as the front. The numbers are not dead on, just play along as far as that goes.

So, this has always been a major problem for me and caused a lot of issues. What I figured out recently is that you can flip your dual rate switch (d/r) and change the amount of mixing. Thats great and all but now you have to flip your d/r and dig at the same time?! WTF? So, my fix was that I took the radio apart and moved the d/r wires so they tie in with the dig switch. Then, all you have to do is go into your d/r and EXPO menus and change Ch2 for both d/r and EXPO. You will have to play around with these but its pretty easy once you drive it and change them. Also, keep in mind that you will see other settings for Ch1 and Ch4. Make sure these are where you want them no matter if your d/r is on or off. I have never realized this in the past so sometimes I may have accidentally had my d/r switch ON and it could have changed my steering on accident. Whoops! Lots to pay attention to.

Now, if I hit my dig, it also changes my d/r at the same time so, lets go back to the above scenario
With the new radio mod, if I am in dig and have my left and right sticks at 50%-50% then I go back to 4wd, now they are still at 50%-50%.

Hopefully that was not too complicated and it helps some other people out. It was my one MAJOR problem with this radio and now its fixed. Now, I just need to practice more because its in my head that I have to be super careful that I cant go back to 4wd when twin sticking a line! Its going to be hard to unlearn.
Blah Blah Blah Twin Stick Blah Blah... is that the laptop looking thing you strap around your neck when you drive?

Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #1470
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
I think I understand what you did there but...
You should have video it before and after!!
I still can, nothing has really changed. All I have to do is put my EXPO and D/R settings back and should be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Blah Blah Blah Twin Stick Blah Blah... is that the laptop looking thing you strap around your neck when you drive?

Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #1471
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I always favored twin sticks, especially with dig and 4ws at the same time. My preferred setup was (its been years) with throttle on one stick and steering on the other, with lots of mixing functions for "cheater" easy driving. The basic layout was that throttle was biased front to rear by pulling the stick left or right. For steering it was easy enough to remember which corners were crab and which were regular 4ws, with rear steer being up and down on the right stick. If I ever got flustered I could fall back on the mixing switches to make things happen without having to think about it.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #1472
Rock Crawler

I use the futaba 4PL and I love this radio,, I change from dig front and rear without thinking,and increase from 20 to 40,60,80 and 100% on the rear axle while I have 100% on the front in a steep climb,,,
Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #1473
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I always favored twin sticks, especially with dig and 4ws at the same time. My preferred setup was (its been years) with throttle on one stick and steering on the other, with lots of mixing functions for "cheater" easy driving. The basic layout was that throttle was biased front to rear by pulling the stick left or right. For steering it was easy enough to remember which corners were crab and which were regular 4ws, with rear steer being up and down on the right stick. If I ever got flustered I could fall back on the mixing switches to make things happen without having to think about it.
Your setup sounds crazy! I would like to try it though... on your car so I dont mess up my settings. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 View Post
I use the futaba 4PL and I love this radio,, I change from dig front and rear without thinking,and increase from 20 to 40,60,80 and 100% on the rear axle while I have 100% on the front in a steep climb,,,
I have had them all mang. 4PL was not a bad radio by any means. It is no twin stick though. IMO, when it comes to comp crawling, in comps, you can win Worlds with a 4PL, probably even a lesser radio. I would need somebody to prove me wrong, but I dont think some of my bounty lines can be made without a stick radio.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #1474
Rock Crawler

is not the dig and the chance to set up 10, or 20% increase on the rear axle all it takes??
I know there is no place I can`t come up with my new crawler, and I increase 20% at the time on the rear axle,, from just the frontaxle to 20% on the rear and so on,,20,40,60,80 and 100% on the rear axle,,I can change the value to 10% increase at the time,, but I like the 20% increase,it givs me a perfect push on the rear axle when needed..
I will probably change to the 4PK,but at this moment the 4PL is perfect to me..
Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 AM   #1475
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
is not the dig and the chance to set up 10, or 20% increase on the rear axle all it takes??...............................
No, its not even close to the same.

My right stick can control the rear motor 100% while the left stick controls the front motor 100%. This means instant changes where your radio takes much longer. Imagine that you want to go from 30% rear to 100%. I can do that as fast as my thumb moves. You not only have to count from 50% down to 30% but then wait till your radio moves to 100%. That can be a lifetime of waiting.

Imagine I want to go in 4wd but I need the rear to give an instant burp or push. I can do that. Its not even possible with yours.

A lot of the time on climbs, I like to stall my rear for just a split second and then go back to 4wd, all it takes is pulling back on my right stick as long as I want, let go and I am good. You would have to do dig and then back to 4wd. It does not seem like much, but its a big deal.

Another one is that when I am in dig, I can move the front motor forward and the back motor in reverse. This is crazy helpful when I am on a really technical climb and I need to go backwards just a hair but if you do, you will fall off the climb. I can keep my fronts going forward to keep my car biting on the rocks but my rear can go backwards to move my car where it needs to be. I dont know if this all makes sense until you use a stick radio. Here is a video of a bounty climb where I have to use the motors in both directions. I think it would be possible to use a pistol type radio but I dont know because nobody else has ever made it.

At about the 2min mark its hard to tell but there is forward motion on the front motor and rearward motion on the rear motor

https://youtu.be/8zzTASxyMHg

Lastly, the thing I hated most about my pistol style radios was when I was on a super technical climb and I needed 4wd and I could not let off dig or I would fall off. Going back into 4wd almost always made me lose my line. The only "fix" was to guess where to proportion down to (usually too far) and then go into 4wd and proportion back up. It was just awkward and not smooth at all.

Quote:
I will probably change to the 4PK,but at this moment the 4PL is perfect to me..
The situation that made the 4pk much better than the 4pl was the dig. You could go from front dig to 4wd as fast as you could hit the momentary button which was much faster than the 4pl where you had to hit the toggle from 4wd to dig to 4wd. Some situations the 4pl was just not fast enough.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #1476
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
but I dont think some of my bounty lines can be made without a stick radio.
100% agree.

Only stick benefit IMO is infinitely variable F/R speed and direction mix. Can't be beat or mimicked with a step switch. Your gun will get run out of Bounty County with a stick(s).

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #1477
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Perfect timing Joel...

I just put up the challenge for Best of the West and it has your name written all over it. I have high hopes for you. No pressure though.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/dlux-...nty-lines.html
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #1478
Rock Crawler

if you steer the rear motor with youre left stick and the front motor with youre right how do you turn???
I know there are maby 10 buttons more on the stick radio but I still dont know how you guys do turn??
I thougt the left one was for steering and the right for motor/motors??
And by the sounds off the stick radio the only thing I cant do with a pistol radio like the 4PL/4PK(S) is to have the chance to move one axle forward and the other in reverse,,
to do that I need to go in and program the radio to reverse channel 2 or 3,, there is where I have my motors and servo on channel one and bec on channel 4...
Old 03-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #1479
Rock Crawler

is it wheels7 who is the pilot in the bounty line#6, wendover???
in this climb I can see the need for maby have a stick radio..
but the other lines looks not so extremly hard,,I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET THE CAMERA TO GET THE ANGLE OFF THE CLIMB...
some off mine videos looks very simple when I watch it the night I come home after crawling 4-5 hours and I hear people who watch my videos say "I can do that easy",,I only think yeah right
Old 03-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #1480
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Floki,

On the left stick, up and down is forward and reverse for the rear motor. On the left stick, left and right is steering. On the RIGHT stick, up and down is front motor/4wd forward and reverse. So, if youre running the front and rear motors independently and steering you will be running the left stick just up and down, the right stick up and down and also side to side. To confuse you more, if you have rear steer, you do left and right on the right stick for your rear steer. Its really hard but thats what makes it so fun.

You cant do more than just reversing the motors with a pistol. I think you missed almost all of my post #1477. Read it like 10 more times and then ask questions.

Bounty line #6 was Mac10, Marc from Chaotic Crawlers. He could do portions of the obstacle but not the whole thing. If you look at the video section, you will see who has done what lines. Most are only done by me, Wheels7 and Mac10 but #6 has only been done by me. After BOTW, I hope a lot more people are on that list, they should be.