Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: A D-Lux comeback!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: A D-Lux comeback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbb69 View Post
Looks like monday oh well i have a few more things i need to get done before i drive it any way.
Man, USPS has really been dropping the ball for months now.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Yeah! My latest purchase from California (shipped the 3rd) that had a scheduled delivery to Louisiana for Dec7 is now (today) in Pennsylvania! They need to stop recycling the tracking numbers. Seems to confuse their system.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Man, USPS has really been dropping the ball for months now.
Yeah i hate waiting on mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuthabubba View Post
Yeah! My latest purchase from California (shipped the 3rd) that had a scheduled delivery to Louisiana for Dec7 is now (today) in Pennsylvania! They need to stop recycling the tracking numbers. Seems to confuse their system.
I feel your pain, it sucks to be waiting on something and watch it travel everywhere but to you.

Ok so i have it to a starting point minus a couple things. They should be here monday. I will start testing and tuning from here and see how it goes.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Ok i know my scale is junk, so i have no clue if it is even close. This is with no knuckle weights and not the lightest set of wheels.
[IMG][/IMG]
I would like to thank D-LUX for the shocks, chassie, axles, knuckles, and all the help and patience. every thing from Erik was top notch and built well. RC BROS for the awesome gears. Crawler innovations for the tires and foams. Holmeshobbies for the awesome esc smash and motors. KL design for the wheels, tires, and foams.

Last edited by ubbb69; 12-15-2013 at 12:13 PM.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Ok i know my scale is junk, so i have no clue if it is even close. This is with no knuckle weights and not the lightest set of wheels.
[IMG][URL=http://s535.photobucket.com/user/ubbb69/media/chevy/dlux%20berg/005-1.jpg.html]
I would actually think this measurement is somewhat close?

I never tried to get my rig super light. Stubs gave it a shot though and running with somewhat light knuckle weight and glue on tires, I think he got down to 3lb 2oz or something like that? You might have a heavier tire/wheel combo but those lighter motors should bring you back down. If Stubs would have run those HH pullers or EddieO's Stubby's, he would have been right around 3lb even.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I would actually think this measurement is somewhat close?

I never tried to get my rig super light. Stubs gave it a shot though and running with somewhat light knuckle weight and glue on tires, I think he got down to 3lb 2oz or something like that? You might have a heavier tire/wheel combo but those lighter motors should bring you back down. If Stubs would have run those HH pullers or EddieO's Stubby's, he would have been right around 3lb even.
I was wondering, i never trust these scales. I have not set out to build the lightest rig, but to build one where i can put the weight exactly where i want it. I can not wait to get this thing on the rocks. It has been over 2 years and i am itching to crawl. Thanks again for great products with actual research behind them. My bank account on the other hand hates me crawling again.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Ok, the last items i needed to get this thing running have showed up. Thank you for getting them out so fast Erick. Truck is done running wise. Still have skins and more batts in the mail. I had moved my schedule around so i would have some time off to crawl and this showed up.
[IMG][/IMG]
So i have crawled the couch, the dogs, the kids, the wife, the fireplace surround, and even uncovered the wood pile to make courses. I think there is something wrong with me.
This showed up on monday.
[IMG][/IMG]
Then i did this with it.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
One of the cool parts to the bully knucks is it has built in stearing stops. Just grind them to where you want them.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
To many pics at once i probably overloaded you all.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Very neat
jpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpboy View Post
Very neat
He is still just mad about this.
[IMG][/IMG]
If you look closely i am in the back laying on a cooler smoking with gas all around me. The fuel pump shorted and pumped out all the fuel into the interior. All that and we could still see grass.
Good thing he has a snorkel. lol. Some of you may remember this it was at crawlapalooza.

Last edited by ubbb69; 12-18-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

finally hit some rocks. There was snow on my tires most the time and when not they were wet. But the first run went well. The low speed resolution of the br mini's with the 13t 500 pullers was awesome. Rig seemed stable this light and from what i could tell with wet tires it gets good traction.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Heading to a better spot tom and will take a better camera. Sorry for the cell phone pics. I am a happy camper right now. I dont think i could have put together a better pile of parts to get back into crawling.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #30
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
I am a happy camper right now. I dont think i could have put together a better pile of parts to get back into crawling.
Like!

What compound Voodoo?

Wheels7 was running around here with his Gold compound in the snow and wet and he said they were acting like it was warm and dry! I need to get me a set of the Gold compound now!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Like!

What compound Voodoo?

Wheels7 was running around here with his Gold compound in the snow and wet and he said they were acting like it was warm and dry! I need to get me a set of the Gold compound now!
Silver compound, and they are working great so far. Even in the ice and snow.
I got in about 4 hour of crawling today. This rig is amazing, Erik you have great products and awesome customer service. Truck did everything i asked of it and then some. I was right atg 3.06 lbs today. The puller 500 and esc have the absolute best low speed resolution. Also i shot my first vid today, it is to long but its done. I hope this works.
no clue why it is not hd as it was recorded in hd. I also do not know how to embed into forum.

Last edited by ubbb69; 12-20-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #32
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Sweet.

We have a bunch of snow here now but I am dying to test out the Voodoo more.

I am glad youre liking the rig. I know I test and tune and am able to get the car exactly where I want it, I just hope others like what I like. Sounds like we are good.

Video is not showing up at all.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

ok lets give this a shot. Hopefully video. click on the hd in settings.
dlux run - YouTube

Last edited by ubbb69; 12-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #34
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Usually with a video its hard to tell how well a car does or doesnt. It really looks obvious that its working good straight out of the box!

How stoked are you that you bit the bullet and went with new shafts and knuckles? Steering looks awesome.

HD works great.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Somebody went to lake 35 and played.. LOL.. I wish I was there right now. We have snow and freezing rain on top of that right now. Won't see the rocks outside again till June now..

Erik, I know the place that video was shot and have crawled there myself..Those are some tough lines, the camera doesn't do it justice..
She is looking great Steve.. Definately hooked up...
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It really looks obvious that its working good straight out of the box!

How stoked are you that you bit the bullet and went with new shafts and knuckles? Steering looks awesome.

HD works great.
Works amazing out of the box. And The stearing is killer. I was not certian i wanted bully knucks but with the bearing kingpins and the killer axles it is a great set up. Very glad i bit that bullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
Somebody went to lake 35 and played.. LOL.. I wish I was there right now. We have snow and freezing rain on top of that right now. Won't see the rocks outside again till June now..

Erik, I know the place that video was shot and have crawled there myself..Those are some tough lines, the camera doesn't do it justice..
She is looking great Steve.. Definately hooked up...
Thank you Stu. Lake 35 is a great place for shure. You guys are right the camera does not do it justice. I have another shorter vid that i tried to capture the climbs better. Click hd and enjoy. I cut out all the driving in between the climbs. I added 2 oz of knuckle weight on each side last night. I like the rig right where it is at and this set up will be the one i run for my first comp. rtr 3.468 lbs

2nd run dlux - YouTube
Old 12-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Here you go

Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Harvo;4596208]Here you go

Thanks Harvo.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Batts came in 3s and 4s between 360mah to 850mah. I plan to use the batts as a way to change my weight bias as needed for different courses.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Just had a second to sit down and watch the videos.

Car looks like its hooking up ridiculously well. Watching the video, I totally expect you to be having a hard time but its just working. Looks like a great combo in those Voodoos too.

Nice back flip at 11min! Car drives pretty well upside down huh?

Looks like it sidehills really well, last obstacle 1st vid.

A D-Lux comeback! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haven't been Myself.......Time for a Comeback! jpterbl1 North Dakota 1 12-09-2011 08:12 PM
Making a comeback, Yota style... looneybin 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 10-19-2008 12:40 PM
GM's comeback to bill gates davidcrawls Chit Chat 5 02-13-2007 09:35 PM
are the making a comeback supazuk General Crawlers 0 07-22-2006 01:15 AM