Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nitro Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
That's illegal...well at least per next year's rules......haven't you heard........:-P
darn it you beat me to it!!
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Nice work. wonder if you could put the tank on a limited axis so it would swivel a bit either direction?
cruciface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That's illegal...well at least per next year's rules......haven't you heard........:-P
Would it be... I thought only ESC's with reverse were going to be illegal...

Nice build I never thought the Nitro Crawler would have work... I'm glad you proved me wrong
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Anymore vids? I would love to see more of your creation. Great job!!
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 AM   #65
RCC Addict

wow! I opened this to get a good laugh before hitting the hay. After all these threads only pop up ever so often. Instead I just read through 3 and a half pages of interesting info. This is the first nitro crawler that i have seen that actually moved somewhere and that somewhere being planned I dunno if this is possible but what if the tank was just a pressure chamber and the fuel was in a sealed "bag" inside that chamber so there was no air actually with the fuel itself and the pressure could keep squeezing fuel out the bag even when upside down. Kind of capri sun style hahaha. Might be more complicated than necessary though. Put that rx pack on an axle. No reason for it to be up there. and I second weighting the wheels.

I think a 4 stroke scale tuber rock racer would be pretty darn cool ;)
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyboy View Post
Would it be... I thought only ESC's with reverse were going to be illegal...

Nice build I never thought the Nitro Crawler would have work... I'm glad you proved me wrong
go back and read that thread before you run out and buy an esc w/o reverse
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Things are only illegal if I start a thread on it... haven't you heard?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

...This is cool. Hope someone else didn't post this, but HPI apparently makes a reverse gearbox for their Savage X:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/87032/

...Would add yet more weight and crap to the already-crammed chassis, but would also let you go backwards using something more than gravity.
Coldnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Wow!!! Great job. I also opened this page expectng a good laugh but damn that's wicked!! I don't care what everybody else says...Nitro "rocks!"
bighitbomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighitbomber1 View Post
Wow!!! Great job. I also opened this page expectng a good laugh but damn that's wicked!! I don't care what everybody else says...Nitro "rocks!"
Thanks man and thanks to all that commented
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Finally a nitro crawler that works Excellent job of making it happen.

I really enjoy seeing unique builds like this, especially the ones that "can't be done". I too expected to see another "I guna bild a nitro cralwer" thread.

Leave the fuel tank alone, but add a 2-ounce clunker tank inline, between the main tank and the carb. That'll give you lots of time to roll it back over.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Great idea microgoat, It currently has a 'revo' amount of fuel tube but not much space left. Il find somewhere.

Matt
Old 02-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up im in love with the ax10

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleskull99 View Post
Hey,

I wanted to have a stab at a Nitro Crawler. I have tested it and it works. Will have video up soon.

Specs:
Axial Axles
Axial X Trail Chassis
Moabs for the time being
Toki 1cc NB16 Engine
NB16 Gearbox (4-1ish)
R2 Gearbox

Sorry for the blurry pics.

Feel free to comment.

Matt
man i have to say i dont know about this site i just joined 5 mins ago but hi im jon i have to say i love this im working on almost the same thing and yes i seen the nnewb section an i know you dont like ppl blowing up with alot of stuff in a message BUT ii must say yours is so simular to my build exept im cheating im using a tmaxx chassis x trail frame i think im gonna use the t maxx frame i cant decide on how to tackle putting the motor in between the rails like you did...so0o if posible can you take close ups or even take the motor off an post pics of your mounts with a description..and the only reason that i wanna use the maxx chassis is becuase the trans for one is a 2speed an it has reverse and i have a killer gear ratio anyways i love your truck...shoot me a message

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 02-05-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: No need to quote those huge pics
nitroscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

ok i know this will sound crazy but it works for me google pc cooler get the whole kit pump radiator ext i too the pump an ran it inline with my fuel tank hooked it the reverse output of the controlly thing on my t maxx lol i cant remember the name of it anyways when i hit the red reverse switch my fuel pump kicks in but i need a diferent setup on the battery end tho aa batteries are getting exspensive
Old 02-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #75
Rock Stacker

also i love your truck im building more of a scale 2.2 nitro trail truck im hoping to still be able to hit some rocks tho...anyone that knows to hit a trail with a electric is awsome but i cant stand recharging inbetween mudd holes plus the grunt of a nitro an the look of a scaler is just a wild creation
Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Nitroscaler - Are you going to be able to fit the cooler in to it and what engine are you using?

Good luck, Post up a progress pic or two.

Matt
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

its a little confusing acually im using 2 frames to make one lol i am using a tmaxx frame 2.5r motor 2 speed traxxas trans with reverse all stock tmaxx stuff basicaly..ive got the x trail frame that i bolted to the bottom of my frame an im using ax10 suspension,axles.ext with 2.2 slingers ..in the front of the x trail frame i have a little room im waiting on my pc pump an radiator to arive im hoping itll work...on the other hand i used a pc pump for a fuel pump an it works really good the only problem is i have no room for a 7.2 stick so i think ima get the axle mount 6 cell split pack from tcscrawlers..like i was saying im only building a trail truck so wieght isnt that important but then again im working on about 17 pounds as we speek.also i am working on gettting a new cell phone to do vid with soo ill be posting vids on youtube when im finished and pics will come soon too so far this truck has put a 1700 dollar dent in my wallet so0o if anyone needs t maxx parts ax10 parts or what not i have so much stuff its making me dizzzzzy

o i forgot im keeping the 2 speed setup becuase when im dun in a mudd hole i think it would be incredibly wild to here it hit second gear while throwing mudd 30 foot skyward lol cant figure out how to go on gearing tho ill figure it out when i hit the trails
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #78
Rock Stacker

also i turned the truck around so its locked in what used to be reverse so basically its a front engine truck.......

my wife wants to drive it but i am afraid she'll ask me to paint it

I LOVE RUSTTTT
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Well im off to work ill catch you on the rocks later tonight also i need your help getting rid of this t maxx chassis i love your setup its tight but better i think
Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

effing sick man awesome job
93'wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/140650-nitro-crawler.html
Posted By For Type Date
A nitro crawler, it can be done - VARCOR - Virginia Radio Control Off Roaders This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:37 AM