Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #121
RCC Addict

Default Re: my slow crawling course build

so we picked up a tractor on saturday morning course it snowed like all day so didnt do much. but sunday after putting some hay in the barn i played with it and moved a couple big rocks i wouldnt have been able to do by hand and by myself.. tractor made quick work of that.. attempted to make a new line. it looks like crap but its crawlable so thats alright. here's some pics.. and i have a short video too..

i also got stuck too...

AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #122
RCC Addict

added some rock last week, not much just a few and built a little bridge thingy. i was talking to a friend last weekend and he said if he's not doing anything this weekend he'll bring some rock and his crawler and we'll play around for a bit.. sweet!! gonna go get another wheel barrow load this morning.

if you go back to page 6 and look at post #120 on the left side of the first picture there is a big flat rock i want to lift it up and make something out of it but not sure what any suggestions?? im thinking lift it up and put rocks under it set it down and stack rocks around it.. i'd like to get it about 2ft high. i dunno...hmmm

i'll get some pics today too... not having a driver's license sucks!!!! its hard to get rocks..

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 03-27-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #123
RCC Addict

well i went and got a wheel barrow of rocks this morning but havent done anything with it yet. took a break ate breakfast/lunch then shoveled some llama pooh. had to stop that because it started raining. but once it stops i'll get to putting the rocks in place
Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #124
RCC Addict

missed last tuesday as i had to go to work with my dad but i took the tractor up to the gravel pit this morning and loaded up the bucket. i can now start making piles. will get some pics soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #125
RCC Addict

so i did some redecorating of the course its a start anyways. long way to go still though.

started building a pile with the rock i have.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #126
RCC Addict

so i havent done anything with my course lately because im waiting for my crawling friends to help me move some rocks

so in a couple weeks they are coming over with rocks and we'll start building then "test" it out for the rest of the day. i will get some pics and stuff of that when we get going on it.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #127
RCC Addict

so turns out things dont work as you planned.. i got a job and started last tuesday... so like may 8th and havent worked an 8 hr since i started.. its been like 11/12 hr days.. i told the guys i had to work last saturday they couldnt help me and i tried to move it to sunday but it was mother's day for canada so yeah... havent touched it in a while.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #128
RCC Addict

so the boys showed up last sunday and we did some building. this is what we accomplished in a couple hours then spent the rest of the day crawling.. planning on adding more rock this sunday.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #129

Looking really good.
thething82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #130
Rock Stacker

That is some nice rock. Around here its palm size or won't fit in truck bed size.
powercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #131
RCC Addict

thanks guys.. we've had a couple more sunday's since these pics were taken and gotten a lot more rock in place. we will be adding more this sunday if it doesnt rain... right now im getting rock from a pile my parents put in the field from the rock wall and a friend brings a load in his truck.. the pile of rock in the field is gone but the friend will bring a load and another friend gets his trailer back from his mom so we'll get 2 loads of rock in place this sunday. i havent gotten any pics because we're busy building.. hopefully i'll get some pics and video this weekend.

by the way,what you see in the pics is maybe 1/4 of it.. its no where near done we have a couple cool bridges planned too
Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #132
RCC Addict

so we've been pretty busy adding rock to the course the last couple months.. i took some new pics on sunday that i will post up.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #133
RCC Addict

so got the updated pics uploaded and here they are.. we moved the fence to give us a little more room.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Default my slow crawling course build, now sporting 15,000-20,000lbs of rock!!

gots lots of rock in the course now but still need about another 87 loads or so..

altogether it should be over 100,000lbs of rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgree n:
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #135
RCC Addict

got 2 more truck loads of rock in today.. i thought i took some pics today but i guess not so i will take some tomorrow.

i think i under-estimated how much rock is there.. a friend and i were trying to figure it out and i think there's like 30,000+ lbs now.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

I like that you are using both rock and wood. good job
ochevys54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #137
RCC Addict

thanks... its fun to do but its a ton of work.. it wont be done this year but we'll just get the base down then next year we'll do the top layer and finish it off.

so i have another load of rock coming this sunday so we'll continue on and i will get some more pics and video again.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Nice course, same size/style rocks as mine. The only thing you're missing is elevation! Get 1 or 2 small loads of dirt, most companies will dump it for free. Build a little mountain or something, have rocks partially buried but sticking out just enough to challenge you. It's nice because the dirt is that little extra to slip on and dig holes in, over a few weeks you'll have awesome ruts that will really make the best parts of your track more challenging. Nice job!
jp0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #139
RCC Addict

thanks guys.. this is just the base layer the elevation and fine tuning will come next year the spot between the 3 trees is 3.5-4ft tall and is ALL rock.. there is no garbage (stumps, pallets etc) buried in my rock pile.

its a lot of work building a course this big.. i should get some new pics... we are taking a break this weekend and going to a fun comp that in my area.. i got some lawnmower racing weekends coming up so it might be a couple weeks before we get back on it.. but there will be more...

the nice thing about building this is that we always have a place to crawl in the summer and we can go to a buddies house to crawl in the winter so we can crawl all 365 days a year if we wanted to.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #140
RCC Addict

well we havent been doing too much building lately because i've been busy and its been raining lots so we decided to go indoors at a friends house.