Notices

Thread: Super 300/300HD's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #161
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: Super 300/300HD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Customz View Post
I've been hard at it! Started work at 5:30am Friday, got home at 2:30 and assembled till 4:30 this morn, and have worked on assembly every night this week, will post up more this evening
Wow you must be tired! Thanks for putting time into these as they are what looks like a very sturdy and reliable product... I am planning on ordering some of these eventually for an XR build I'm working on
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I've been hard at it! Started work at 5:30am Friday, got home at 2:30 and assembled till 4:30 this morn, and have worked on assembly every night this week, will post up more this evening
Only I can say right now "THANK YOU AND TAKE CARE YOURSELF"
dexcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Awwww.....hell yeah! That would be sweet if we had these in time for nats!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Awwww.....hell yeah! That would be sweet if we had these in time for nats!
As far as im concerned all of my customers should have had these a month and a half ago.. Planning on having them for those that need them for nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Wow you must be tired! Thanks for putting time into these as they are what looks like a very sturdy and reliable product... I am planning on ordering some of these eventually for an XR build I'm working on
I spent better part of Saturday at the machine shop pushing the machinist by manning 2 and 3 machines finishing lockers and adapters before he left for Texas for a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexcrawler View Post
John's post Keep me happy to wait.........Crying and excited
Glad to here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Thanks for putting in the time to get them assembled John...we're looking forward to getting them...and just in time for Nationals I hope. It's going to be crazy trying to build my Super the week before Nationals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Werd.

Yeah it takes awhile, but this stuff is made locally by a vendor whose dedicated to bring out great products. Just think of where crawling would be without guys like John.

Can't wait to get my stuff.
Its you guys that appreciate what it is that Myself and a few of the other innovative guys in this hobby do that makes us keep working at it even when it becomes tough going. I love making parts that change the game and deliver unprecedented strength and durability. It truely makes me smile when guys tell me they want my parts because they know they wont be let down on course Thanks guys

Back to business. Im quickly realizing that with a family camping trip this next weekend(family always comes first in my house). I wont be able to get everything assembled/shipped in time for nats, as the second batch that was supposed to get back here from the heat treater at the latest yesterday wont be here till later tonight. This is what Im going to do- since I know that some guys NEED parts for nats.

Please read---------
Those of you that have a standing order with me and are going to attend Nationals-and need your parts for Nationals PM ME and at the very least I will bring them with me. Ive had alot of bad luck shipping around any holiday that guys need parts. I Fly into Atlanta at 6am on Thursday and will be at the comp site as soon as myself and Fish can get there.

Upon returning from Nats. I will be filling The Orders that guys need for scale nats and them run down my list and finish my shipping of parts as fast as possible. Some of you will say that this may not be fair, and I will agree to an extent, though keep in mind that 90% of the guys that are depending on parts for either of the nationals are in the first 40% of my orders. So Im not really pushing things much out of order.

My other box of parts just got here so now im going to eat dinner and keep assembling. Thanks to all for the patience and dedication to supporting those that build for the hobby
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #165
E.Y. Designs

Quote:

Its you guys that appreciate what it is that Myself and a few of the other innovative guys in this hobby do that makes us keep working at it even when it becomes tough going. I love making parts that change the game and deliver unprecedented strength and durability. It truely makes me smile when guys tell me they want my parts because they know they wont be let down on course Thanks guys
And I love seeing guys just like what you described
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Please read---------
Those of you that have a standing order with me and are going to attend Nationals-and need your parts for Nationals PM ME and at the very least I will bring them with me. Ive had alot of bad luck shipping around any holiday that guys need parts. I Fly into Atlanta at 6am on Thursday and will be at the comp site as soon as myself and Fish can get there.
Thanks John

PM sent
racer_zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #167
I wanna be Dave

I do not have to have them by nats, but it would be nice.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Thanks John! PM sent.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Hey John,

for those of us picking these up from you at Nats, what all will we need to get them running? Will we need our own bearings, or will they come with them? Will we need to drill out our front hexes? If so, what size?

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 08-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Very good questions Jeremy.
Please John or someone who knows post what if any parts, tools or prodcedures needed to install your axles!!! Or do they fit like stock replacements?
Thanks
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Very good questions Jeremy.
Please John or someone who knows post what if any parts, tools or prodcedures needed to install your axles!!! Or do they fit like stock replacements?
Thanks
I am fairly certain they'll come with the bearings we need and I am assuming they'll be the same thread as the old Super 300's....which is M5, IIRC. So, you'll likely need an 8mm wrench that will need to have the OD shaved down to fit inside VP hubs, if you are using those.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #172
I wanna be Dave

I use this guy for the wheel nuts - shaved down the OD on the belt sander and it works like a charm.

TowerHobbies.com | ASC1567 1567 Associated Factory Team Nut Driver 8mm

This relates to the Vanquish AX10 housing with super 300's, but I also had to modify my drive tangs (the flat side of the axle that slides into the locker) so that the axles could slide in farther. Without the modification they're too long and you can't bolt up the chub or knuckle. I also had to modify the screws that hold the lower link mounts in place for the larger axles.

All in all, pretty easy stuff, but if you plan to use those housings with 300's be prepared to do some work to get it all to fit.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
I use this guy for the wheel nuts - shaved down the OD on the belt sander and it works like a charm.

TowerHobbies.com | ASC1567 1567 Associated Factory Team Nut Driver 8mm
Yep, I use a shaved down Wiha 8mm. The key to making this tool is to use a STEEL tool....not aluminum. I've seen those break before...
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #174
RCC Addict

^^^ Thanks alot for the replies. Gonna be my first time using these axles and I got them for my xr and wraith so thanks for the heads up and tips!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #175
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey John,

for those of us picking these up from you at Nats, what all will we need to get them running? Will we need our own bearings, or will they come with them? Will we need to drill out our front hexes? If so, what size?

Thanks

Jeremy
They will come with bearings and wheel it's jus like the originals did. The xr housings have some internal ribbing that had to be shaved a little with the protos that I had, though with the turned down production units I'm hoping you won't have that issue, honestly have t had the time to get another set of housings to try. I would say if you have a flat and round file ( for those traveling light) you would be good

Quote:
I am fairly certain they'll come with the bearings we need and I am assuming they'll be the same thread as the old Super 300's....which is M5, IIRC. So, you'll likely need an 8mm wrench that will need to have the OD shaved down to fit inside VP hubs, if you are using those.
An RC-1 8mm driver generally always fits into everything without modding and I haven't ever broke one

If anyone has more questions please post up and I'd happily answer them. I'm taking the rest of the shafts with me this weekend(camping) to get them all assembled. That should allow me to ship most everyone else's orders out right after nats.
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #176
Rock Crawler

Those are good news, thanks John
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #177
Pebble Pounder

Waiting for shipping
dexcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #178
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

They ship yet, almost ready to ship, a week away or what? Just curious.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #179
RcBros Hobbies

After nationals according to Johns post.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #180
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Which is when? I have no clue when nat's are.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Super 300/300HD's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
super 300 keithgemmill Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 06-03-2015 10:58 PM
Super 300? realmoto Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 02-18-2011 07:08 PM
can you still get super 300 cvds? rocklicker EnRoute Berg 1 12-09-2010 05:07 PM