Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2016, 09:45 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The world and the economy has changed. We are no longer just a retail country. There's a reason malls are dying so quickly. Whether or not you like that online shopping has a major presence is a personal preference, but it's not going away anytime soon - probably not ever.

I don't have a local LHS that offers competitive prices or friendly services so I choose to support online merchants.

Axial/HobbiCo/Tower are the same company and they have complete control of the pricing of their products. They just saw what Traxxas did and they followed. Is it their right to do that? Absolutely! But as customers, is it our right to tell them we don't like it? Absolutely! Capitalism is great that way.

Like I said.. not gonna change anyone's mind.

There is a reason you don't have helpful LHS, and distributors undercutting their outlets is not helping that.

Traxxas went first because they were the largest presence in ANY hobby shop.

Axial is getting big enough to matter.

It's all in how you CHOOSE to look at it, I choose to take a step back and look at it this way, you choose to look at it like the man is trying to bring you down.

Like I said, as a consumer. It makes me sad I can't save 50-70 off a kit. As a potential business owner it actually makes me happy and I might start looking back into opening that shop again...
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I want to know how much the CEO makes a year? My bet is its well in excess of what I deserves to be. I bet that hobbico execs saw what traxxas was doin and immediately thought, we should do this too and "I will make more money and stock options for better performance" I hate this attitude of modern CEO's and company boards who put their income above all else, then they think about share holders, but never think about the end consumer with the exception of how to get them to spend even more money. There comes a time when this BS comes to an end and I hope I get to see it..

The CEO's run to company into bankruptcy just to pad their own nest...hell look at what Ron Johnson did to JC Penny...trying to make it into an apple type of store...the guy is out of touch with the consumers...period.

No CEO deserves in excess of a half million dollars a year, plus stock options for millions more, to just head a company. I know that is simplifying it but it still is way too much money. Hell the president of the US only gets 400,000 a year and he has waaaaay more responsibilities he has to do. Dont even get me started on althletes!!!

Who in the fawk are YOU to say what another person deserves to be paid?

A CEO can be fired for most any reason and they are hired under contract. If a CEO has a good history behind them they they can command a higher salary with better stock options. If they're bad at their job it shows and they often fall out of favor with their industry and go away.

As for the kits being full price I don't see the issue. Now that prices are on a more level playing field the local and smaller online shops will now be a better option. I buy some random parts for my rigs and I've bought from some shops I've never heard of before simply because rpp, ckrc and the like didn't have everything I wanted but they did so they get my dollars.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Who in the fawk are YOU to say what another person deserves to be paid?

A CEO can be fired for most any reason and they are hired under contract. If a CEO has a good history behind them they they can command a higher salary with better stock options. If they're bad at their job it shows and they often fall out of favor with their industry and go away.

As for the kits being full price I don't see the issue. Now that prices are on a more level playing field the local and smaller online shops will now be a better option. I buy some random parts for my rigs and I've bought from some shops I've never heard of before simply because rpp, ckrc and the like didn't have everything I wanted but they did so they get my dollars.

That might be one of the first things I've 100% agreed with you on
Old 11-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
That might be one of the first things I've 100% agreed with you on
It only hurts the first time you agree with me.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Running a business isn't about making people happy anymore, that's impossible. It's about upsetting the least amount of people.

And I'm sorry, I don't care how many of us buy toy trucks, we buy less than all the shops in the world combined..

Period

They eventually need to make a choice.

Eliminate retailers

Lower the prices they sell to retail

Or set standard pricing.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I am nobody to the CEO..but when a CEO puts his own greed above the good of the company and consumers...thats where I draw the line and stop spending my dollars with them. Who am I? I am the Consumer who decides whether or not to purchase their product, thats WHO!...

Last edited by allanon1965; 11-27-2016 at 10:10 PM.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am nobody to the CEO..but when a CEO puts his own greed above the good of the company and consumers...thats where I draw the line and stop spending my dollars with them. Who am I? I am the Consumer who decides whether or not to purchase their product, thats WHO!...

Do you have any information or fact to show that the CEO of Tower or Axial made this decision to line their pockets?

Or is this just more conspiracy banter? If so you are proving my earlier point.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So you have no skin I the game but you want to decide what the plays are. I can demand my boss pays me 100k a year and it's up to him whether I'm worth it or not. If a CEO is worth 50 million to the board of directors that hires them then guess what he's going to get paid...
Old 11-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Most all CEO's have a performance clause in their contract. better performance equals better pay...and as with all my statements, they are my opinions and feelings, just like everybody elses, do you have evidence to the contrary? ... I am not privy to the contract for Hobbieco's CEO, but there has been more than enough news reports on CEO's having performance clauses and golden parachutes to infer that the better performance of any given company gets the CEO more profits.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:21 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

I'm not going to do your research for you. But I can say with confidence there is a lot of over reacting going on in this thread.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm not going to do your research for you. But I can say with confidence there is a lot of over reacting going on in this thread.

thats your opinion, you are entitled to it just like everyone else. I respectfully disagree and unless you have seen the contract of the CEO, you dont know either.. we are both making our semi educated presumptions based on what we have read or heard...

on that note, I am outta here....work comes early in the morning..
Old 11-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And a whole lot of sound bytes straight from the MSM. Hit the key words and let the emotions flow.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:28 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I agree, my LHS sells their kits and rtrs for a very close price as Tower. I get parts and kits even a little cheaper sometimes. In the past few years I have slowly been spending less and less at Tower in favor of the more "specialty" sites and local shops. Most people are willing to spend a couple bucks more for something if its in front of them instead of buying it online and waiting a few days for it to ship.

As for the MAP pricing I commented on before, sites are always selling things for below that MAP price, you have to "add it to your cart" to see it. If tower wanted to allow the coupons, Im sure they could. Axial will get their money that distributors pay for that kit regardless if they sell it for $1000 or $10. Lots of stores sell products at cost or sometimes for a slight loss just so the consumer will buy addons or accessories for it.

Either way it will not affect me as I do not purchase kits or rtrs. I see no reason to buy a complete kit for $350 and spend that much more and end up replacing basically everything on it. I bought a kit here on the forums, one on ebay and my last one was pieced together from multiple places. To me its kinda the ultimate slap in the face if you are buying all these aftermarket parts for axial kits and not buying anything from axial lol. As multiple people have said, vote with your dollars.
RJLosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #114
RCC Addict

please don't rant on me but the only reason i buy from towers is the closes hobby shop closes to me is like 120 miles away.this is only reason why i join the coupon club to get great deals like 63 bucks on Axial product (kit and RTR). So i guess i have no choice but to pay full price.
Who knows maybe the manufacturer may have a change of heart and bring the coupon back in the future..
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:30 AM   #115

Quote:
Like I said.. not gonna change anyone's mind.

There is a reason you don't have helpful LHS, and distributors undercutting their outlets is not helping that.

Traxxas went first because they were the largest presence in ANY hobby shop.

Axial is getting big enough to matter.

It's all in how you CHOOSE to look at it, I choose to take a step back and look at it this way, you choose to look at it like the man is trying to bring you down.

Like I said, as a consumer. It makes me sad I can't save 50-70 off a kit. As a potential business owner it actually makes me happy and I might start looking back into opening that shop again...
"...you choose to look at it like the man is trying to bring you down." That's funny right there and not true at all. It's actually pretty pompous of you to assume you know how I think. HobbiCo changed a policy. I don't like it and I'm not going to spend my money there. It's as simple as that.

You're right. It is all in how you choose to look it it. I look at it like this. I'm a consumer. I speak with my dollars. I'll buy Axial kits at places other than Tower. As an individual is that going to hurt them? No. But as a group consumers have the power. If consumers choose to keep quiet about changes they don't like and still spend their money at retailers that have practices they disagree with nothing will change. But, as a group, if consumers voice their displeasure and then actually speak by not spending money things change. That's a fact and there are thousands of cases out there that prove that. I was simply spreading the word about HobbiCo's policy change and urging people to speak with their mouth and dollars if they also disagree with the changes.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
"...you choose to look at it like the man is trying to bring you down." That's funny right there and not true at all. It's actually pretty pompous of you to assume you know how I think. HobbiCo changed a policy. I don't like it and I'm not going to spend my money there. It's as simple as that.

You're right. It is all in how you choose to look it it. I look at it like this. I'm a consumer. I speak with my dollars. I'll buy Axial kits at places other than Tower. As an individual is that going to hurt them? No. But as a group consumers have the power. If consumers choose to keep quiet about changes they don't like and still spend their money at retailers that have practices they disagree with nothing will change. But, as a group, if consumers voice their displeasure and then actually speak by not spending money things change. That's a fact and there are thousands of cases out there that prove that. I was simply spreading the word about HobbiCo's policy change and urging people to speak with their mouth and dollars if they also disagree with the changes.

And what I'm saying is, It was the parent company's decision to protect their largest customer base.

I have no problem with you choosing to go elsewhere, in fact if you read what I actually said I'm excited about that.

But not buying from Tower because of the coupon changes and only the coupon changes is kinda not really doing anything, other retailers will have to follow suit, and at the end of the day your buying an axial product still puts the money in the same place.

I'm sorry if my comments offended you, I don't think I'm pompous. But it's the internet, what can you do.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And what I'm saying is, It was the parent company's decision to protect their largest customer base.

I have no problem with you choosing to go elsewhere, in fact if you read what I actually said I'm excited about that.

But not buying from Tower because of the coupon changes and only the coupon changes is kinda not really doing anything, other retailers will have to follow suit, and at the end of the day your buying an axial product still puts the money in the same place.

I'm sorry if my comments offended you, I don't think I'm pompous. But it's the internet, what can you do.

Highlighted the important part
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Yeah if you are buying it, you are buying it. Doesn't matter who you buy from, even if it is RC Recycler or piecing it together from vendors using Axial parts. Axial sold it to those guys at some point. If you manage to do a whole build using aftermarket parts, that's different.

And a question about this policy. Does it not count towards the coupon code at all or can you just not use the coupon code for that item alone? Say they have a $50 coupon if you buy $450 worth of product, could you just buy a SCX10 II kit and a MMP and end up getting the $50 off anyway, or would you only be able to use the $15 off or whatever for a $100 purchase?
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
And a question about this policy. Does it not count towards the coupon code at all or can you just not use the coupon code for that item alone? Say they have a $50 coupon if you buy $450 worth of product, could you just buy a SCX10 II kit and a MMP and end up getting the $50 off anyway, or would you only be able to use the $15 off or whatever for a $100 purchase?
The SCX10 II kit wouldn't be counted as a qualifying item, the total purchase for the purposes of the coupon would just be the cost of the MMP.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Also if their intention was to appease the retailers, your not buying from Tower but still buying archived the goal. But you will never get a care rep from tower to tell you that. Period

Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Kits listed as DISCONTINUED at Tower (and Axial!) Arctic Fire Chit Chat 14 11-08-2016 05:10 PM
tower hobbies coupons Justin82 Axial SCX-10 15 12-18-2013 09:45 PM
Axial Dingo $174.98 at Tower Hobbies LumTheMad Chit Chat 11 12-16-2013 12:46 AM
all Axial Kits on sale at RPP and tower STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 0 09-25-2013 09:40 AM
tower coupons.... pugs2300 Chit Chat 7 01-27-2012 02:11 PM